Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC300 2JZGTE Drift Car Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-15, 05:49 AM
Okiraised
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC300 2JZGTE Drift Car Build

Starting this tread mainly for personal records and other members input.
I bought a manual Sc300 roller shell in Florida, currently living in Japan for now but moving to North Carolina and have my 94 Supra in about 7 Gorrilla cases ready to get shipped back including a torn apart 2jzgte my single turbo set up including a Borg warner s366 turbo, Tial 60mm wastegate, custom divided top mount manifold, Tein street flex coilovers, TRD 2 way, twin turbo supra brakes, ORC triple plate clutch Getrag 6speed 8mm shorted knuckles, my bride low max. A bunch of parts from a Soarer ive collected since ive been here, like a full Riddox body kit, one piece driveshaft, r154 rebuilt with a billet driftmotion kit, OS giken triple plate clutch, bunch of headlights/taillights/fog lights, 2 HUD clusters orange and white, extra door hinges/ window motors, digital A/C controller. 5 point bolt in roll cage, CF hood and fenders +25mm, HKS high power Exhaust, driftmotion tie rods and ends, driftmotion traction arms and toe arms....ect ect ect ect.

I started and learned how to drift here in the hills of Okinawa and was in the Okinawa Super Drift series for 2 years now with my supra as my drift car but now that im leaving since my 94 Supra was not old enough to take home, i will be building the "poor mans Supra" and putting the 2j and r154 into the Sc300. Im bringing back every single part that is compatible from the Supra and building this car strictly as a drift car. That being said i am open to all suggestions to cut weight from these heavy *** cars. Im already planning on pulling the interior, removing the sunroof, cutting the inside of the door skins and adding lexan door windows. Im also curious to see how some guys have ran their hydro brake set up and any input on the 2jz swap. i have the ECU, motor harness and ever single harness from a Soarer here just in case. Ive been searching threads for awhile now and seems like there is some good info on this page.
Old 09-02-15, 06:12 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Welcome to Clublexus ! Moved your thread on the build section ...

Ship the good parts from the MKIV back to the US especially all the 6speed parts like v160/v161 transmission, flywheel, clutch and 6speed differential.

Good Luck !
Old 09-04-15, 10:57 PM
howie954
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default omg omg omg

brilliant idea!!! Let the military pay for shipping on all those parts!!!! Bring me a TT MKIV 6spd LSD diff pls!!!!!

Good luck with your project btw...sounds like a fun one
Old 11-02-15, 03:34 AM
Bozoku
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Okiraised
Starting this tread mainly for personal records and other members input.
I bought a manual Sc300 roller shell in Florida, currently living in Japan for now but moving to North Carolina and have my 94 Supra in about 7 Gorrilla cases ready to get shipped back including a torn apart 2jzgte my single turbo set up including a Borg warner s366 turbo, Tial 60mm wastegate, custom divided top mount manifold, Tein street flex coilovers, TRD 2 way, twin turbo supra brakes, ORC triple plate clutch Getrag 6speed 8mm shorted knuckles, my bride low max. A bunch of parts from a Soarer ive collected since ive been here, like a full Riddox body kit, one piece driveshaft, r154 rebuilt with a billet driftmotion kit, OS giken triple plate clutch, bunch of headlights/taillights/fog lights, 2 HUD clusters orange and white, extra door hinges/ window motors, digital A/C controller. 5 point bolt in roll cage, CF hood and fenders +25mm, HKS high power Exhaust, driftmotion tie rods and ends, driftmotion traction arms and toe arms....ect ect ect ect.

I started and learned how to drift here in the hills of Okinawa and was in the Okinawa Super Drift series for 2 years now with my supra as my drift car but now that im leaving since my 94 Supra was not old enough to take home, i will be building the "poor mans Supra" and putting the 2j and r154 into the Sc300. Im bringing back every single part that is compatible from the Supra and building this car strictly as a drift car. That being said i am open to all suggestions to cut weight from these heavy *** cars. Im already planning on pulling the interior, removing the sunroof, cutting the inside of the door skins and adding lexan door windows. Im also curious to see how some guys have ran their hydro brake set up and any input on the 2jz swap. i have the ECU, motor harness and ever single harness from a Soarer here just in case. Ive been searching threads for awhile now and seems like there is some good info on this page.
WOAH I use to live in Okinawa too and drift there, maybe I know you haha
Did you use to go to Ogimi? I'm just taking a guess but were you the black supra on team mediocre?
Old 01-25-16, 12:19 PM
Okiraised
Driver School Candidate

whoah! yeah that was my black supra up there in ogimi, also went to benoki and a few other spots! small world! What did you drive?
Old 01-25-16, 12:31 PM
Okiraised
Driver School Candidate

As for the build I have mostly been documenting it on Facebook. Just easier to load pictures and updates that way. I will post the link/ catch up and follow up with this thread. but as of now the car is completely gutted, (interior, heater core, abs, traction control, all of the 650 computers under the dash, sunroof, speakers) roll cage is welded in, pulled the sub frame and reinforced it as well as solid bushings from driftmotion. The 2jzgte is completely dissembled and awaiting a nice parts order. After a lot of thinking I opted out on spending the money to get the 5 speed sc300 harness and my 2jzgte harnesses merged. I looked at the body plugs and there's about 6 out of the 40 that are needed to get the car to run. So other then extending my GTE harness, all I would have to do is just wire those pins needed into the body harness. Any input on this?