Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Project: 97 6-speed, SC400 supercharged 4.7L V8

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-14, 01:59 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

That '69 XL looks fantastic. Reminds me of my first car (same model year)... only mine was a stock 302 and your son has built 351!

Don't ever paint the thing. Fix any deep rust here and there but it looks so evil just as it is. Your son is lucky. Excellent work!
Old 11-13-14, 12:40 AM
Shaggy0713
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crazy *** build!
Old 04-09-15, 10:04 AM
Blackmeen
Rookie

let me say...WOW. Im somewhat new to the forum still and read the old thread and jumped over onto this one and WOW! You sir. Are a god among men haha. Love the work cant wait to see the final product . Im currently in a sc400 as well. Im waiting to see if this new job opportunity works out if so. Look for my build thread

AMAZING WORK SCOTT!!!
Old 05-08-15, 12:47 PM
DHenn
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

subb'd for more awesomeness

Galaxy looks great too!

must be nice to have a kid that actually enjoys cars, all i got were soccer girls
Old 05-09-15, 09:33 AM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for bumping, this project is starting to grow legs! Hope to get some updates soon.
Old 06-23-15, 04:14 AM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Guess I am needing inspiration, I am actually considering selling this project. Just seems it doesn't fit in with my life anymore. Hmmm?
Old 06-23-15, 04:18 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Say it ain't so.......
Old 06-23-15, 05:24 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Say it ain't so.......
He just wants me to call him...

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
Guess I am needing inspiration, I am actually considering selling this project. Just seems it doesn't fit in with my life anymore. Hmmm?
Really Scott? Get that beast built.

ryan
Old 06-23-15, 05:42 AM
motorheaddown
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400TT

Really Scott? Get that beast built.

ryan
Agreed... I was at the tipping point of selling my project, but I find that chipping away at it a little bit at a time and showing steady progress helps me stick with it. So, don't give up!

-scott
Old 06-23-15, 11:03 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Funny how time does that to a person, life kind of rolls along . My words are do or don't do, if you think you will enjoy it when its finished then by all means charge ahead. If you are interests and priorities have changed and you really have no interest in it then why bother doing something that you will not realize any sense of reward from.
Old 08-21-15, 09:11 PM
badblackgs
Lead Lap

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Scotturnot

Sorry to hear about your possible jumping of ship on your build. I do understand though how it feels. I'm not sure if your familiar with my turbo build on my 02 gs430, but I built a lot of it from scratch and only rocked it for a month than took it all off and sold it to a guy in Houston. Now im back to another build only going the supercharger route this time based on the instant low torque for my daily driving and im estimating it to be cheaper this time. check it out under 2nd gen. gs performance forum. Anyways, I have a question for you. When I run the supercharger at about six psi., I plan on running the stock computer to control fueling. My previous build showed I didn't max out the maf sensor until 8 psi. So I'll plan on running no more than 6-7 psi. My question is do you recall what your afr was under boost when and if you ever ran yours on stock computer with fueling. I might go slightly larger on the injectors but just enough for the stock ecm to control fuel trims and not set a light. to keep it simple I might run an extra large 9th injector with a split second controller that's load based and rpm based to richen the mixture under boost. the goal is to stay as simple and stock controlled as possible. No more aem anything. unless its an analog air fuel ratio meter. lol. any info. would be greatly appreciated. Oh! itll be probably an mp90 or m112 ontop of a bullet cars 2uz supercharger manifold with no intercooler.
Old 08-23-15, 10:23 AM
SoaringSC
Pit Crew

Don't do it Scott!
Old 08-28-15, 03:49 AM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Still here, Cant bring myself to part it. Guess I will just have to finish it. May try and gain some traction soon, so many projects, too little time. I do want to drive this car again.
Old 08-28-15, 06:23 AM
twizted
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still here, Cant bring myself to part it. Guess I will just have to finish it. May try and gain some traction soon, so many projects, too little time. I do want to drive this car again.
Hey Scott, im still here to bud. The SC has been stored since the m90 was pulled and is dilapidated. I actually pulled it out after about 3 years and starts right up. I am going to start driving it in its chopped up state (under the hood) as I need another ride for a while to get to work. So some of us are still kicking, I would still like to see yours finished as many would!
Old 09-06-15, 07:24 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is a great weekend to grill, have a beer and turn some wrenches Scott!!

Originally Posted by twizted
Hey Scott, im still here to bud. The SC has been stored since the m90 was pulled and is dilapidated. I actually pulled it out after about 3 years and starts right up. I am going to start driving it in its chopped up state (under the hood) as I need another ride for a while to get to work. So some of us are still kicking, I would still like to see yours finished as many would!
Twizted, Why did you take it off? Glad you're still around...

SC400TT

Quick Reply: Project: 97 6-speed, SC400 supercharged 4.7L V8