Build Threads Details on Club Lexus 1GS owner vehicles

94 gs300 aristo swap project

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-08, 01:10 PM
starscreem
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 gs300 aristo swap project

well i just want to start buy saying hi to every one. i have a 94 gs300 and i plan on putting the aristo motor in. so i have purchased a 1g aristo front clip for japan at a price i was OK with. i have seance then stripped the motor out of the front clip and taken the front clip apart and saved everything. well i wanted to make sure that this motor was in good running condition before i droped it in so i tore it down to a short block and have started rebuilding it back up stock for now.

so far replaced on the motor

new oem oil pump
new knock sensors
all new timing pulleys / belt / tensioner
oil presser sensor
supra throttle cable
arp head studs
mls head gasket
intake manifold gasket
exhaust manifold gaskets
new injectors seals upper/lower
new valve cover gaskets
head was taken in for a decking and a valve job ( 2 vales were leaking on a leakdown test)
new valve steam seals
new oem flex plat for auto torque converter ( bent the one on the aristo OOPPS)

i will add more when i think of it

ok my thing is right now i want to get this in my car. i know i need to add about 6 inch the the harness. i know i need to use the aristo trans and torque converter. and i need to bang the firewall back a little for the stock tt set up. I plan on using all the aristo intercooller parts for now and upgrade later and also use the hydraulic water pump for now. to all the people that have done this swap can u please let me no if i am forgetting anything or if im on the right track here. i will also get some pics of my car and of the motor for u guess later tonight. thanks alot for your time

Last edited by starscreem; 10-14-08 at 04:55 PM.
Old 10-11-08, 02:43 PM
Kaiser
Lexus Champion

Why the hydraulic fan? Your are in there doing the timing belt, why not swap to tt water pump, clutch and tt fan with OEM GS3 shroud. It fits. You need to add about 20" to the cabin harness to make it reach, not 6". New motor mounts? Do you have the Aristo front drive shaft? If memory serves the rubber coupling has a different bolt pattern than the stock GS. Remove the TRC butterfly?
Old 10-12-08, 07:19 PM
starscreem
Driver School Candidate

well the reason im using the stock water pump is i cant find a supra tt fan and clutch at a good price right now. im going to try to use the ones in my gs for now but if they look that bad ill get new ones. no i don't have the aristo front drive shaft i was told for what i thought i could use my gs rubber piece and shaft. hate to ask but could u send me a pick of the trc butter fly so i know im looking at the right part. but ill call larry at sp or curt at elmhurst toyota to check on the drive shaft thing.
Old 10-12-08, 08:34 PM
Kaiser
Lexus Champion

The clutch is identical to your GS clutch, I checked part #'s. The fan blade is $60 from Carson toyota. There are two throttle blades. One that works on the throttle linkage and the other on an electric servo. Remove the one on the servo.
Old 10-13-08, 12:43 PM
starscreem
Driver School Candidate

ok cool ill pick one up and a new oem water pump. is there anything else u would say i need to look out for.