Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813

Old 05-22-14, 05:29 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
Brakes look great! How much did they run you once all said and done with the emblem and painting?
Thanks for the kind words scENFORCER Everything including the emblem, paint, calipers, brake pads, and rotors was just under $300. Heck of a price to get all that. I've seen the calipers alone go for $300 let alone the brake pads, rotors, paint, and emblem

Originally Posted by SCereal
I like the L emblems. I have the emblems with the whole lexus logo that i haven't put on my TT rears yet but I think this looks cleaner. Nice work!
Thank you for the compliment SCereal I agree I like the simplicity of just the L logo for the TT rears and have the whole Lexus logo on the front calipers. I've been watching your thread and I love the way your SC is turning out. Hope to see it sometime at one of the major Lexus meets we have in Florida
Old 05-23-14, 09:00 AM
rarouas
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love the car get rid of the tail lights
Old 05-23-14, 09:01 AM
rarouas
Driver School Candidate

nice touch with the decals where did you pick those up from ?
Old 05-23-14, 10:57 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rarouas
love the car get rid of the tail lights
Originally Posted by rarouas
nice touch with the decals where did you pick those up from ?
Thanks for the compliment rarouas Not sure if you are referring to me getting rid of the original taillights in the very first post of this thread or the ones I currently have on the car Can't get rid of the ones I currently have since I have been waiting years to get my hands on a set of them and I'm in love with them

As far as the decals go give Tabaka here on CL a PM and he will point you in the right direction to purchase them. I believe you can also find them on ebay as well.
Old 05-27-14, 02:18 PM
rarouas
Driver School Candidate

super clean love the look keep it up
Old 05-27-14, 02:54 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Brakes turned out nice.......Those 20's are to big IMO....
Old 05-28-14, 09:56 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Brakes turned out nice.......Those 20's are to big IMO....
Thanks for the compliment CatManD3W Definitely love the way the brakes turned out. I definitely understand the 20's are not for everyone and may seem too big but I think they look just fine on a 97+ SC as well as an SC with a body kit.

Believe me the rims that I really want would actually be a set of Trafficstars in 19s but I don't want to spend that kind of money on rims just yet since I still DD this car. Hopefully by the end of the year my SC will become my weekend cruiser and I will purchase the real set of rims I have always wanted for the car all along.
Old 07-08-14, 10:24 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Latest update....

So decided to finally do the auto shifter mod only a little different this past weekend. I don't like any of the aftermarket push style ***** because they do not match the interior of the SC at all. So I decided to take an OEM Lexus gated shifter **** and modify it. Its a black wood **** from an rx300. I had to drill a big enough hole for it to go over the shifter spring assembly and these are the results. First time I have ever seen this on an SC. Hopefully this will give some inspiration to others who are looking for an alternative to the dildomatic shifter and want to use OEM Lexus parts as a replacement.

Currently buying some suspension pieces that should be going onto the SC in the next month or so stay tuned....
Old 08-02-14, 10:41 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Got the suspension pieces put on the car this past weekend. Parts put on the car include:

Megan rear toe control arms
Megan rear traction rods
Battle version Inner and Outer tie rods
Battle version aluminum steering rack bushings
5K HID fog lights

The alignment took awhile to get right but in the end it all got sorted out. To say I am pleased with the results would be an understatement. I can definitely feel a noticeable difference in the feel of the SC now with the solid aluminum rack bushings. The car feels more responsive for sure. I also like the fact that I have above OEM adjustability now with camber for when I do move to another wheel setup that will be more aggressive in the future. Also love the look of the front with 5K HID fogs and main headlights. On to some pictures of the install:

My next mod may be replacing all the bushings on the car front to rear with poly bushings but for now I am pretty content with how the SC sits at this moment in time until I get some larger funds to start a motor build.

Last edited by P.R.S.22; 11-20-14 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-02-14, 11:40 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

mmmm very sexy, can't wait to get all those adjustable suspension rods. the aluminum steering rack bushing though, does it make the car uncomfortable in any way? and does it rattle at all? also where did you get them? my steering is a little washy sometimes and got some bump steer sometimes so i probably need to replace the rack bushings.
Old 08-04-14, 07:07 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by oldManTan
mmmm very sexy, can't wait to get all those adjustable suspension rods. the aluminum steering rack bushing though, does it make the car uncomfortable in any way? and does it rattle at all? also where did you get them? my steering is a little washy sometimes and got some bump steer sometimes so i probably need to replace the rack bushings.
Thank you for the compliment oldManTan Before I purchased the aluminum rack bushings I too was not sure if it was going to make my car handle like a race car or something and lose that nice comfortable Lexus feel. After reading a lot of positive reviews from past members I decided to pull the trigger.

The car I would say just feels more tight if I can try to describe it to you. Still feels somewhat the same but the steering wheel itself feels tighter than it was before. Feels really good actually. No rattling since those pieces are solid and pushed all the way into where the old bushings used to be. Definitely a worth while investment into any SC IMO. In your case I am almost positive it will get rid of your washy steering feel.

Purchased the rack bushings along with the inner/outer tie rods from driftmotion.com. The megan items I purchased from a member on the Facebook SC crew classifieds.
Old 08-04-14, 07:24 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Can the BV outer tie rods be installed to OEM inners?
Old 08-04-14, 07:33 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Can the BV outer tie rods be installed to OEM inners?
Yes sir Tabaka Just re-confirmed on the driftmotion website.
Old 11-03-14, 12:26 AM
Soar3rClub
Driver School Candidate

Could you post how you got the shifter installed? I'd really love to do that.
Old 11-03-14, 07:24 AM
Surren
Driver School Candidate

Car looks clean but the original tail lights would look better!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813