Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-14, 11:20 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Are your front clear side markers Vertex?
Lance,

Unfortunately the ones on my SC are the clear GS side markers shaved to fit our cars. It was probably one of the first mods I ever did to the car almost 6 years ago.

I had an opportunity about a month or so ago to purchase the clear Vertex side markers for almost half the price, but I was one day too late. My plan is to eventually get them but I'm in no rush at the moment. I've always liked the clear side marker look on a DWP SC.

Funny thing is that I keep waiting for you to post a pic of your SC with the Vertex side markers since I know it would go perfect with your SC
Old 02-27-14, 05:02 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
I think this color combo looks great on a DWP SC. The black and tan make a nice combination. Everything in the car is dyed with the exception of the floor mats, ***** shifter, window switches, and center armrest. Everything else is dyed. Dash was done inside the car by a professional. Not easy but it can be done.

Latest acquisition to the ride is an OEM black center armrest I received a few days ago. Doesn't look too bad but it was a look I wanted to try. More for a reference for me than anything else but hopefully I will have some other minor mods in the next few months.
Black and Tan looks great. Replacing all that was brown with black makes the car look better and classy IMHO just like the interior of some BMWs.

Just my $0.02 , keeping the armrest tan looks better , at least for me. But it's your car man.. whatever makes you happy go for it. My Red Mamba 1 looks exactly your interior now. Upper half of the interior that was all brown was replaced to black. What was tan / beige was left as it is.
Old 02-27-14, 09:13 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

I have also started to like the tan/black look, I saw someone else do it but this has absolutely made my mind up for me. Killer car man, I was a little scared at first with the tails but you came out just right! Great taste all around!

I also want to note a little about the sub in the rear. I spoke with a couple car audio guys in my area and they insisted that it couldn't be done but I HATED the idea of a big bulky box in the trunk. Its a relief to see that it's been done. You said you bought a shallow magnet and just made a ring or lip for it to sit up a bit or was it mostly for fitment reasons? Thanks
Old 02-27-14, 10:04 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Lance,

Unfortunately the ones on my SC are the clear GS side markers shaved to fit our cars. It was probably one of the first mods I ever did to the car almost 6 years ago.

I had an opportunity about a month or so ago to purchase the clear Vertex side markers for almost half the price, but I was one day too late. My plan is to eventually get them but I'm in no rush at the moment. I've always liked the clear side marker look on a DWP SC.

Funny thing is that I keep waiting for you to post a pic of your SC with the Vertex side markers since I know it would go perfect with your SC
I think I may have missed the same set by a day too lol. And it seems like they are always on back order or something.
Old 02-27-14, 10:45 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gerrb
Black and Tan looks great. Replacing all that was brown with black makes the car look better and classy IMHO just like the interior of some BMWs.

Just my $0.02 , keeping the armrest tan looks better , at least for me. But it's your car man.. whatever makes you happy go for it. My Red Mamba 1 looks exactly your interior now. Upper half of the interior that was all brown was replaced to black. What was tan / beige was left as it is.
gerrb,

I completely agree the black/tan combo interior looks very classy. It's funny because Lexus went to the black/tan combination much like BMW and other luxury brands right after our SCs were discontinued.....go figure

Haha....I know I know I've been going back and forth about the black center armrest too. As of now I'm used to it and seems to grow on you the more you ride in the car. Biggest reason I got it was because eventually I will go to full black interior but a part of me wants to keep the black/tan combo just to be different Only time will tell.

P.S. I have always been keeping up with all of your builds and I have always been impressed by your work I look forward to seeing what else you have in store.

Originally Posted by Kris9884
I have also started to like the tan/black look, I saw someone else do it but this has absolutely made my mind up for me. Killer car man, I was a little scared at first with the tails but you came out just right! Great taste all around!

I also want to note a little about the sub in the rear. I spoke with a couple car audio guys in my area and they insisted that it couldn't be done but I HATED the idea of a big bulky box in the trunk. Its a relief to see that it's been done. You said you bought a shallow magnet and just made a ring or lip for it to sit up a bit or was it mostly for fitment reasons? Thanks
I appreciate the kind comments Kris9884 Yea I got a little side tracked when I first started modding the SC but believe me once I started to see more cars here in SCland Florida I quickly learned a lot.

I completely agree with you and I told myself from the very beginning I would never put a sub box in my trunk no matter what. I use that trunk all the time and I need every bit of space so the new sub was going in the stock location no matter what. To answer your question I did purchase a shallow mount sub which is common to purchase now a days and made a wooden ring out of particle board or wood for the sub to sit on top of, then sit the piece of wood with the sub on top in the stock sub location.

The wood was necessary because without it the sub would not sit flush in the stock hole location and also raised the magnet just enough to clear the gas tank. Just make sure that the wood ring is not extremely thick. I believe mine is maybe half an inch thick or around there just to give you an idea.

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
I think I may have missed the same set by a day too lol. And it seems like they are always on back order or something.
Yea that's one of the other reasons I have not purchased them either. Luxurymods has told me several times that they only get maybe a handful every once in a while and once they go they do not re-order the side markers for months at a time unless someone places an order and they say it could take several weeks to get them into you. So with that being said I've just waited my time until the right opportunity comes up to purchase them.
Old 02-28-14, 05:30 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

gerrb,

I completely agree the black/tan combo interior looks very classy. It's funny because Lexus went to the black/tan combination much like BMW and other luxury brands right after our SCs were discontinued.....go figure

Haha....I know I know I've been going back and forth about the black center armrest too. As of now I'm used to it and seems to grow on you the more you ride in the car. Biggest reason I got it was because eventually I will go to full black interior but a part of me wants to keep the black/tan combo just to be different Only time will tell.

P.S. I have always been keeping up with all of your builds and I have always been impressed by your work I look forward to seeing what else you have in store.

I used to have a completely black interior for that Red Mamba 1. But at the same time I always wanted a clean nice tan interior but without that brown stuff. Since I now have an immaculate black interior on my current project the Red Mamba 2 , decided to strip all the lower half black interior on the RM1 and install back the clean tan interior. For me it's a perfect combination. As you said, you don't see many SCs with that combo ... just being different but at the same time being classy.

Thanks for the compliments and for following my builds . Just like the majority here.. just a plain DIYer doing a lot of readings and research. Just a few pages ahead of some I guess . Nothing will top that feeling of satisfaction knowing that you did most of what is on your ride. Then when somethings goes wrong, you know exactly or right away what is wrong and what to tinker with to get it back on the road.

Good Luck.. you have no idea how many times I have looked into pictures of your interior before i finally bit the bullet of going black and tan and I couldn't be happier.
Old 03-03-14, 07:28 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gerrb
I used to have a completely black interior for that Red Mamba 1. But at the same time I always wanted a clean nice tan interior but without that brown stuff. Since I now have an immaculate black interior on my current project the Red Mamba 2 , decided to strip all the lower half black interior on the RM1 and install back the clean tan interior. For me it's a perfect combination. As you said, you don't see many SCs with that combo ... just being different but at the same time being classy.

Thanks for the compliments and for following my builds . Just like the majority here.. just a plain DIYer doing a lot of readings and research. Just a few pages ahead of some I guess . Nothing will top that feeling of satisfaction knowing that you did most of what is on your ride. Then when somethings goes wrong, you know exactly or right away what is wrong and what to tinker with to get it back on the road.

Good Luck.. you have no idea how many times I have looked into pictures of your interior before i finally bit the bullet of going black and tan and I couldn't be happier.
I agree it is a great satisfaction knowing you did most of the work on your ride. I'm not as mechanically inclined as some of the other members on here but I have been able to have a hand in just about every aspect of my car and I could not be any more happier with the outcome up to this point.

I am glad I was able to be of help to you and your builds gerrb I'm always more than willing to help out a fellow SC member
Old 03-03-14, 08:18 PM
MrDank757
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clean homie
Old 03-07-14, 10:54 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MrDank757
clean homie
Thank you MrDank757

Welcome to CL and happy modding with your ride.

Update:

Got these in on Monday but decided to post a quick pic for now. Custom 95-96 taillights done by Scotturnot. These have always been one of my favorite taillights so I am happy the opportunity came up for me to purchase them. Should be going onto the car sometime next week when I get a few other things and get a little free time.
Old 03-20-14, 09:05 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Just put the lights on the car the other day and to say I'm happy would be an understatement. IMO these are the best taillights for a DWP SC. Love the way it looks.

Old 03-20-14, 09:20 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Glad you like it bud! I agree it looks boss on DWP! Good job!
Old 03-23-14, 12:28 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Glad you like it bud! I agree it looks boss on DWP! Good job!
Glad we were able to work out the deal on these I'm definitely happy with the results Now I can't stop staring at the rear end of the car....haha.
Old 05-21-14, 10:32 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Latest update:

Purchased some TT rear calipers and cross drilled and slotted rotors from supraforums last week. Took the time last weekend to clean them up, prep them and get them painted. Today I was able to put on some Lexus "L" logo stickers from fellow CL member Tabaka. Absolutely love the look of the calipers with the L logo. Really makes it seem as if the calipers came from the factory that way from the very beginning. Next on the mod list will be HID fogs in a few weeks and suspension components during the summer.

Old 05-22-14, 12:29 AM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Brakes look great! How much did they run you once all said and done with the emblem and painting?
Old 05-22-14, 07:45 AM
SCereal
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the L emblems. I have the emblems with the whole lexus logo that i haven't put on my TT rears yet but I think this looks cleaner. Nice work!

Quick Reply: Pics of my 97 SC300 in the 813