Build Threads Details on Club Lexus SC owner vehicles

SC300 NA-T/Body work

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-08, 04:46 PM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey do you go to Clark or were you there? My bro said he saw a dark red boosted SC at Clark College.
Old 02-15-08, 05:17 PM
2.5tsoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so why isn't this in the performance section ?
Old 03-25-08, 02:17 PM
eblick99
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to clark back in '05 but ive stopped by a couple times on nice days to pick someone up. i just graduated wsuv, so no more school for me....

as for the thread being in the bodywork section i have an old pm from a mod who moved it here; i have no idea why i sent him a pm on it since i didnt get a response, but it was in the performance section (i think he saw bodywork in the title and moved it). that was a couple years ago now. move it back if you want, it clearly says "NA-T" first.

Last edited by eblick99; 02-02-13 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-01-13, 06:19 PM
eblick99
Driver

i never updated this thread but i had set aside money for the na-t project but went with that xspower kit over the horse power freaks kit and bought a GTE motor with the leftover money. so when the na-t putts out ill have a built GTE with R154 ready to go, and when that happens ill rebuild the GE. i may stick the R154 in sooner than later however as i just got a TT auto ecu and set of 550 injectors for the GE motor so thats going to crank up the power beyond what the stock auto can handle i think. heres some pics of the GTE (i picked this up back around the time i originally started this thread, its has a crower rebuilt head, all new seals from a complete tear down etc so this thing is like new). the valve cover is jet black but in the pic looks lighter for some reason. light setting on the camera maybe.

Old 02-01-13, 09:25 PM
ND92Lexus
Driver School Candidate

I know Dave Henry, he lives in my hometown, his stuff is crazy! U should check out his intake manifolds. Pretty sick!
Old 02-01-13, 09:54 PM
eblick99
Driver

Dave H makes some awesome stuff, i haven't seen his intake mani tho, ill have to take a look

Originally Posted by ND92Lexus
I know Dave Henry, he lives in my hometown, his stuff is crazy! U should check out his intake manifolds. Pretty sick!
Old 12-16-13, 06:02 PM
eblick99
Driver

i started on the GE FFIM w/Q45 TB and aristo TT ecu Mod. might as well maximize the potential with the GE before i have to swap it for the GTE.

i ran the car the other day and it seemed to have a myriad of problems in its stock form (prior to pulling it apart again...). check eng light was on, idle was really rough and rpms drop til it stalls/dies. speedo, tach and fuel gauge inop. drove it around the block and it was really rich. regarding the gauges i posted this in another thread but ill reiterate here...

has anyone just made a custom gauge cluster for their SC? pull out the factory cluster and throw in a universal tach, speedo, water temp, volt, oil press, boost, fuel etc? set em all into a nice polished aluminum bezel? maybe powder coat it to match your interior? you can usually set the odometer to match the actual miles as well. the downside would be lack of a check engine light but there are so many threads on the SC cluster having issues...seems like aftermarket analog would solve all these issues. not uncommon to do on race cars or domestic custom classic builds. are there some reasons not to do this? i might go this route in the near future as my lights/needles are all burning out and recently lost both tach and speedo.. the money in rebuilding this could just go into a nice custom cluster. ive tried searching for "custom gauge cluster" but didnt come up with much except for the $1000+ one piece units designed for stand alone. sunpro gauges are relatively cheap and have a large number of positive reviews on amazon. all the gauges i would want to show everything would run less than $200 and wouldnt be a big deal to wire in, none of it would talk to the ecu each would be its own sub system. If something goes out, pull it and put a new one in for ~$30.

im not too concerned with the current issues as new ecu, distributor delete w/new plugs, and most of all new ecu should make a huge difference.

the only actual concern i have is the amount of rust building up on the turbine/exhaust section of my turbo...seems pretty bad.

this pic is mid progress but you can kind of see the rust. maybe just a wire brush some paint and the turbo blanket will be enough to fix. as long as it doesnt shell while im driving...

Old 12-16-13, 06:31 PM
eblick99
Driver

heres a pic of parts for TT ecu swap, if you need a visual reference.

Old 12-17-13, 01:44 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

This appears to be starting to be a build thread, if so, LMK, I will move it over for ya. Nice so far, of what I can tell. I want to see more of the actual car to make it more interesting.
Old 12-18-13, 10:15 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

agree should move to build section. looks like it is coming along nice, great visual on the parts for the tt ecu mod.
yeah just hit the turbinw with a wire brush on a drill, and wear a breathing mask or something that rust residue will fly all over. hit it with the high temp stuff or turbo blanket. I haven't looked under my turbo blanket in years wonder what it looks like even.. lol.

for clusters this thread was up recently.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...on-you-sc.html
Old 12-21-13, 06:00 PM
eblick99
Driver

swapping the cam covers, i snapped some pics. should i clean/grease these at all before re-assembly? some spots are a little cooked and have a tar like oil buildup.

here are pics of the turbine housing:

also here is what the buildup of moisture is looking like & doing under the hood, i checked the seals around the hood they are fine so i dont know why so much condensation is accumulating.

cam gears

fuel press reg
Old 12-21-13, 07:19 PM
eblick99
Driver

well this is agravating i just put the new cam covers on and the lobes of the camshafts already have a neon orange film of rust on them. i put the covers on anyways but tomorrow ill take em back off and paint em and while that dries ill hit the cams with an oil rag maybe real light with steel wool and grease em up real good and put the covers on with new seals and torque everything down and call it a day.
Old 12-21-13, 11:15 PM
eblick99
Driver

thanks for the cluster link Ali, thats exactly what i was thinking for my car. deffinately going that route. i think this thread will deff be a build thread from here out.
Old 12-22-13, 03:39 PM
eblick99
Driver

I wasted some time and money again today, so i thought ide post some pics of what not to do.

mostly just cleaned, painted and assembled stuff. looks a lot better than all that gawdy bright red business i had going on in there before. any combination of black and polished looks good i think.

Old 12-24-13, 08:20 PM
Soarin96
Rookie

Keep at it bro. Its looking good. I am saving money and gathering parts for an NA-T.
Wasting time and money too i guess..
Merry Christmas!

Quick Reply: SC300 NA-T/Body work