Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Klasse All-IN-ONE Car Polish & Sealant

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-03, 10:36 PM
Triton
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Klasse All-IN-ONE Car Polish & Sealant

I wanted to know if anyone here has tried Klasse products and their comments on it?
Vs using Wax or silicone based products?
here is a site about Klasse and here is what they had to say:

Klasse All-In-One polishes away oxidation and leaves a deep acrylic shine that can last for 6 months or more. All-In-One is not a wax, silicone or polymer but an acrylic formula. It really is different. All-In-One bonds to the surface like a regular car wax but doesn’t penetrate or change the paint in any way. It matches the depth and clarity of a high quality carnauba wax but lasts much longer. Two applications a year (maybe just one) will keep your car looking great.

All-In-One contains a real polish. It removes surface films, old wax, minor swirls, and oxidation. It’s a true one-step product. It cleans, polishes and protects in one easy step.

http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motoring/kla-16.html

Thanks

Sean
Old 09-14-03, 10:45 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

I (or my detail guy) use it on my black GS. Great protection, long lasting, seems to have a deeper shine than other waxes on my car. Still do mine at least once every 2 months despite claims. I put it on my LS (which sits outside) about 1.5 months ago and don't plan to re-apply until spring, we'll see how that works.

Con's - not very easy to get off once applied, hides in cracks.

Sample of shine:

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-14-03 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-14-03, 11:38 PM
Triton
Driver School Candidate

Default Which one did you use?

WOW, your shine makes the car in the reflection look better, lol

so out of all the brands, which one did you use? the all one in?
vs. just the sealant?

Sean
Old 09-17-03, 01:29 PM
SC400MAN
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Klasse

I have used Klasse Polish on my wife's 92SC4 for several years and also on my 97 Supra. The SC is Royal Jade Pearl and I try to do it at least twice a year. The last time I used it, my sister in law commented that it looked like a new, different color - much darker and deeper. I polished it again a couple of weeks ago and then put two coats of Griot's carnauba wax on. I was very pleased. It goes on easily and comes off easily, without streaking on dark colors. It does not have much abrasive to it, so it doesn't seem to abrade the paint, just clean it. All in all, very easy to use, with good results!
Old 09-20-03, 05:27 PM
gsenthil
Pole Position

Default Application Procedure

Seattle has one of its last sunny days for the year and I want to Klasse my black RX.

1-Do I need to remove the factory wax with Dawn before I Klasse it?
2- Should I wash again after claying?
3- How many coats of Klasse?
4- How long should I wait before I buff it off after application?

Please help a Klasse/polymer newbie
Old 09-20-03, 08:26 PM
Triton
Driver School Candidate

Default Regarding Klasse

From all the research I have done, Klasse seems to be the best for protection, shine, and last the longest.
For one, dishwashing detergant or soap, that is Really bad for a car.
Klasse makes two types, which you shoudl get both, the first one is All-IN-ONE Car Polish & Sealant will remove all waxes, oxidation, and minor swirls which will give it a deep shine and last about 6 months and the other Klasse Sealant adds more protection and shine for up to 12 month, some show cars use up to 10 coats!

There is Way too much to tell so here are some sites you can search around to read more about Klasse, how to apply, how it works and prices, which I have found to be EXTREMLY cheaper than any store.
Concours seems to be the cheapest for both and some microfiber towels

http://concoursdirect.com/

http://www.autogeek.net/klasseallinone.html

http://www.premiumautocare.com/klasse.html
Old 09-20-03, 08:42 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Default Re: Which one did you use?

Originally posted by Triton
WOW, your shine makes the car in the reflection look better, lol

so out of all the brands, which one did you use? the all one in?
vs. just the sealant?

Sean
Sean,

Sorry forgot to check up on this post. Usually just use the all in one, but every now and then put on layer of sealant. The pic I linked above is just the all in one.

If you want to do more research on Klasse and don't find many threads in this forum, try http://www.autopia.org/forums/index.php, which is a great site dedicated to detailing.
Old 09-22-03, 04:59 AM
jeremyp111
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Application Procedure

Originally posted by gsenthil
Seattle has one of its last sunny days for the year and I want to Klasse my black RX.

1-Do I need to remove the factory wax with Dawn before I Klasse it?
2- Should I wash again after claying?
3- How many coats of Klasse?
4- How long should I wait before I buff it off after application?

Please help a Klasse/polymer newbie
1-Klasse AIO can be used right over your existing wax. It has cleaners in it and will remove anything that is there.
2-You don't have to wash after claying, but I do just to get any particles that may still be on the car.
3-I use two coats of AIO. One to clean and seal and one additional coat to seal better and also to get any missed areas. I follow that with Klasse Sealant Glaze (SG. Using them both really gives your car a nice deep shine. You can apply several coats of SG. 3-5 works for me. If you do apply SG, you should wait 24 hrs between coats as it needs time to cure
4-For AIO, I apply to an area with a Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher(PC) and buff off immediately. Then move on to the next area. Using a PC makes it super easy and cuts the time in half. It also takes more of the light swirls out. Use a white polishing pad when applying AIO. For SG I apply by hand since it's just as easy as by machine. Just wipe on a very very thin layer, let sit for at least two hours (some seem to have better results by waiting overnight) then buff off residues with a good quality microfiber towel.

Hope this helps you out.

JP
Old 09-22-03, 10:14 AM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Re: Application Procedure

Originally posted by jeremyp111
1-Klasse AIO can be used right over your existing wax. It has cleaners in it and will remove anything that is there.
JP
That's something I didn't know, and is definitely tipping it in favor over Zaino. On the whole, the procedure you describe sounds a lot easier than Zaino.
Old 09-22-03, 01:26 PM
gsenthil
Pole Position

Default A weekend well spent

Took just an hour to wash and dry and Klasse the car.

It was about 70 and sunny for Seattle in Sep. Washed the car with Meguires Gold shampoo and then dried it off with chamois. Applied Klasse AIO (I dont have SG...prolly need to order it) and then wiped it off. It was as easy as waxing the car and less smudgy and no white deposits at corners. The car felt very smooth after washing so I didnt have to clay it.

I applied only one layer of AIO. Might do 1 more tomorrow (Tue). Should I wash the car again before the second layer of AIO or is California duster enough?

Overall very happy with the results. Will post pics in a couple of days. It remains to be seen how well it holds up to Seattle weather.
Old 09-22-03, 03:26 PM
Triton
Driver School Candidate

Default So the Seattle test begins

Gotta LOVE LA!

Funny how we complain when the weather gets below 65.

Ordering a package Kit from concoursdirect.com today, I am getting the Klasse Fiercesome Foursome Microfiber Kit for $48.99 which includes a AIO, SG, wheel cleaner and Leather,vinylm rubber cleaner/protect. Application pads and micirofiber towels.
Although the AIO they packaged is the 10 oz. and I called to ask if they could make it a 16.9 to match the Sealant size, they said no, didn't hurt to try, would have been nice to do that I think. Although they are helpful on how to apply and results, etc

by the way, I found another site that gives you all the 411 on Klasse All-In-On:

http://www.customacrylic.com/klasse.

Sean
Old 09-26-03, 07:40 PM
gsenthil
Pole Position

Default Here are the pics I promised

In my gallery

https://www.clublexus.com/gallery/sh...hp?ppuser=3688