Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Fast Orange and Leatherique experience (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-03, 12:35 PM
sniper5
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up Fast Orange and Leatherique leather cleaning (Pics)

Well, I used Fast Orange and Leatherique on my 1yr old leather seats and it worked great. It is absolutely easy to apply and do. The whole process took 24 hrs, but actual work time was about 2 hrs.
Step 1: Apply fast orange to seats by hand and rub lightly. For some corners I used a toothbrush and brushed lightly to get all dirt out. This really brought back the beige color in my seats.
Step 2: Wipe Fast Orange off with a dry towel
Step 3: Wipe all seats with a damp towel to remove any fast Orange remains.
Step 4: Drench seats in Leatherique's Rejuvenator Oil (see pics below). use your hands to massage the seats with oil. Make sure you get all edges and seams.
Step 5: Leave car outside in the sun all day if possible with windows rolled up
Step 6: Next day, wipe Leatherique's Pristine Clean over seats either with a towel or with your hands. Use dry towel to remove it, and then go over your seats with a damp towel again. Let it dry for about 30 minutes, then wipe seats again with a dry towel.

Seats look great. They are not shiny at all as below pics show. All dirt is gone and my seats do feel softer. They are not MUCH softer, but they are only a year old.

PICS: (I have posted before with pics showing up in the post. I used the same method here and it's just posting the link. Any suggestions on how to correct this?)

1) Pic is of the seat before it was cleaned (notice dirt in the corners)

2) The seat after using Fast Orange.

3) Pic is of the seat after the whole treatment (just to show how they're not shiny).

4 & 5) Seats with leatherique on them

6) Seats after the whole process was done

Last edited by sniper5; 09-05-03 at 09:21 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by sniper5:
Fdavis13 (09-01-22), JonFES330 (06-04-18)
Old 08-28-03, 01:10 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up

Looks great dude. I also have beige (tan) seats in my ES, two years old, and the thing about those seats is that dirt and scuff marks can easily show itself. I'll have to look into the Fast Orange deal sometime (I think my local Bed Bath & Beyond sells them).
Old 08-28-03, 01:40 PM
sniper5
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got fast Orange at Autozone for $.99 a bottle. So far I have cleaned my seats, floor mats, plastic parts of the car and spots on the carpet in my house. It works great. Leatherique can only be obtained over the net. You want to make sure and use some kind of oil on your seats after fast Orange because it dries the leather out.

Last edited by sniper5; 08-28-03 at 10:05 PM.
Old 08-28-03, 07:36 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Excellent tip! Looks like I'll have a new interior detailing project to work on...
Old 08-28-03, 10:54 PM
wmulli
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just tried out the Leatherique products too. I didn't clean first a) because my seats weren't very dirty, and b) Leatherique recommends using the Rejunivator first as it's supposed to "lift out" dirt that is trapped in the grain. They say to follow the Rejuvinator treatment with their Prestine cleaner/conditioner.

I followed their directions (used 3 applications of rejuvinator about 6 hours apart) with the car in the sun, then the next day wiped everything down with the Prestine.

The results are amazing! The seats look better than new (except for the few cracks), and they are so soft they feel like glove leather. My next project will be trying Leatherique's crack filler and dye. The only holdup is you have to send them a 1" sample of your leather so that they can match the color exactly. They don't go by dye numbers and such as leather changes over the years.

I'll be sure to post before and after shots when I do the crack filling/dyeing.

I've tried just about everything on the market for leather care and these are FAR AND AWAY the BEST leather products I have ever tried.

Leatherique ROCKS!!!
The following users liked this post:
TonyBlack (07-17-19)
Old 08-31-03, 03:20 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

yes i think i have to put that on my SC....

CEO
Old 09-28-03, 10:55 AM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile Leatherique Project: Day 3

I'm on day 3 of my Leatherique project. First coat/clean Friday afternoon (was later, may have not heated up as much as it should), second yesterday afternoon, 3rd is soaking in as I type this. I'm hoping for good results. I've read every Leatherique related thread I could on CL, Autopia, and one on some Benz site I found via Google, but if anybody has any other secrets, let me know I definitely have noticed progress, but naturally, a black exterior/black interior '96 that wasn't kept up perfectly by the previous owner isn't going to be as quick a job as a brand new '03 with ivory interior kept up since day 1. I'll keep you guys posted, I've tried everything: Lexol, Meguiar's, Mother's, and Connolly Hide Food prior to the Leatherique, and the Leatherique seems to be doing a better job faster than any of the others.
Old 09-28-03, 12:00 PM
persian451
Lexus Test Driver

do you need the prestine clean application if you have already cleaned the leather with fast orange?
Old 09-28-03, 01:00 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by persian451
do you need the prestine clean application if you have already cleaned the leather with fast orange?
Yes. The Rejuvinator Oil raises the dirt to the surface and makes the seats a sticky mess. The Prestine Clean removes this, leaving the seats with a perfect matte finish (see the above pics), without overdrying the leather.
Old 11-10-05, 06:28 PM
dallison
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i do pretty much the same, except i use some citrus cleaner and then use lexol, works like a charm. and it's cheaper and quicker using the orange cleaner than a leather cleaner
Old 11-10-05, 09:57 PM
picus
Lexus Test Driver

Leatherique is nice stuff, huh? A lot of folks avoid it due to cost, but it's always been a personal favorite of mine. Nice work!
Old 11-14-05, 02:59 PM
yESman
Lead Lap

Looks great sniper5. I currently use Zaino Z-9 and Z-10 but will soon try Leatherique.
Old 11-15-05, 10:19 PM
pilip99
Lexus Test Driver

lookin great man, i have to try this sometime
Old 11-25-05, 04:58 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Very nice, just wondering how much this stuff costs.
Old 11-27-05, 05:04 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Is the fast orange the hand cleaner you were using?

Quick Reply: Fast Orange and Leatherique experience (Pics)