Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Scratches in leather seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-17, 11:30 AM
bill5
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Scratches in leather seat

I have what I guess is a scratch in my seat, although I think it's a bit more than a simple scratch or scuff or wear, but the material is not ripped. Kind of like something raked across it but not sharp enough or hard enough to tear it. That area looks basically white. Has anyone used anything in particular for such a thing that they felt did a good job of hiding it? Wondering if the oil "trick" mentioned in the sticky thread up top might do it, but if it doesn't, worried the oil will be seeped in there and something else that might've worked otherwise now will not.

PS I did see this thread from late last year but nobody answered: are we just SOL?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...t-leather.html
Old 02-15-17, 06:19 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Please post a photo so any leather experts can help provide accurate info/assistance.
Old 07-11-17, 03:59 PM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Reviving this thread.

Recently saw this on the driver's side seat. The blue is probably from my jeans. Anyway to remove this or mitigate it as much as possible? I don't think it is that deep.
Attached Thumbnails Scratches in leather seat-photo-jul-11-13-23-00.jpg  
Old 07-12-17, 10:42 AM
MikeInOr
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That looks like a scuff, it should be very easy to repair. The blue is probably what the leather looks like under the surface.

There are several approaches you can take for repairing this.

You could probably cover it up pretty well with a leather conditioner like Lexol.

Since your seat is black your could darken the area with a bit of black liquid shoe polish then cover it up with Lexol or other leather conditioner. The scuff is so small you would probably never notice the slight difference in the color of black on the scuff.

You could order a leather dye matched to your interior color code. Give the whole panel of leather a good cleaning with Isopropyl alcohol, dye the whole panel then protect the whole panel with a conditioner. This would remove the dirt embedded in the leather that causes it to wear and would return the panel to pretty much like new condition.

It just depends on how much time and money you want to spend on it.
Old 07-13-17, 10:39 AM
djyoshi626
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeInOr
That looks like a scuff, it should be very easy to repair. The blue is probably what the leather looks like under the surface.

There are several approaches you can take for repairing this.

You could probably cover it up pretty well with a leather conditioner like Lexol.

Since your seat is black your could darken the area with a bit of black liquid shoe polish then cover it up with Lexol or other leather conditioner. The scuff is so small you would probably never notice the slight difference in the color of black on the scuff.

You could order a leather dye matched to your interior color code. Give the whole panel of leather a good cleaning with Isopropyl alcohol, dye the whole panel then protect the whole panel with a conditioner. This would remove the dirt embedded in the leather that causes it to wear and would return the panel to pretty much like new condition.

It just depends on how much time and money you want to spend on it.
Thanks! I will try this out this weekend and post back my results.