Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Best detailer in the San Diego, CA area??

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-16, 10:47 PM
jincuteguy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best detailer in the San Diego, CA area??

Hi guys, I just got a brand new 2016 Lexus IS 200T Fsport 4dr sedan last week. I decided to get a coating for it such as CQuartz Finest, Ceramic Pro 9H, Opti Pro, etc....
There are so many brands out there right now so it's really hard for me to decide on which brand to get.

I'm in the So-Cal area (San Diego, CA), does anyone know a trustworthy professional detailer that can do CQuartz Finest coating, and other as well? Thanks.
Old 10-24-16, 05:43 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Contact Wes. Not only are they certified CQuartz Finest Installers, they are one of the best detail shops in the entire country. He's a very nice guy and will surely get you taken care of.

Elite Finish Detailing
Owner: Wes Walz
Phone: 858-876-8794
Email: Detail@EliteFinishDetailing.com

Please let him know I sent you

-Zach McGovern
Old 10-24-16, 09:08 AM
jincuteguy
Driver

I just checked out their website, the prices are so expensive, damn.
Old 10-24-16, 01:42 PM
popping
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Contact Wes. Not only are they certified CQuartz Finest Installers, they are one of the best detail shops in the entire country. He's a very nice guy and will surely get you taken care of.

Elite Finish Detailing
Owner: Wes Walz
Phone: 858-876-8794
Email: Detail@EliteFinishDetailing.com

Please let him know I sent you

-Zach McGovern
Zach i actually sent my colleague to him and he said he wasn't impressed. I'll get more details.

Originally Posted by jincuteguy
I just checked out their website, the prices are so expensive, damn.
You get what you pay for. You asked for "the best." Kind of like wanting a top of the line lexus for the price of a base model Kia.
Old 10-24-16, 04:37 PM
jincuteguy
Driver

Originally Posted by popping
Zach i actually sent my colleague to him and he said he wasn't impressed. I'll get more details.

You get what you pay for. You asked for "the best." Kind of like wanting a top of the line lexus for the price of a base model Kia.
I didnt say I wanted the "best", I said I'm looking for a trusworthy professional detailer.
Old 10-24-16, 05:28 PM
popping
Lead Lap

I didnt say I wanted the "best", I said I'm looking for a trusworthy professional detailer.
Your title says differently. But again, you get what you pay for.

Last edited by popping; 10-24-16 at 05:29 PM. Reason: pic
Old 10-24-16, 07:55 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Recently or when?

I know they have expanded quite a lot in the past year or two... I hope they are maintaining the same quality that they have always been known for. Wes is a "master installer" for CQuartz Finest and has always put out great work from what I have seen, but I am not sure how much he actually works on vehicles anymore.

The other option in the area is www.luxautodetailing.com, though I do not know the owner personally... but as an authorized Finest installer, they should be very reputable. CarPro is very selective.
Old 10-24-16, 08:13 PM
jincuteguy
Driver

Your title says differently. But again, you get what you pay for.

Best doesn't have to be expensive. You understand "best" the wrong way.
Old 10-24-16, 09:37 PM
jincuteguy
Driver

Recently or when?

I know they have expanded quite a lot in the past year or two... I hope they are maintaining the same quality that they have always been known for. Wes is a "master installer" for CQuartz Finest and has always put out great work from what I have seen, but I am not sure how much he actually works on vehicles anymore.

The other option in the area is www.luxautodetailing.com, though I do not know the owner personally... but as an authorized Finest installer, they should be very reputable. CarPro is very selective.
Yea just talked to the owner from LuxAutoDetailing earlier today. Decided to go with CQ Finest, do you think I made the right decision? or should I go with Opti Coat Pro+? or Ceramic Pro 9H?
Old 10-24-16, 11:43 PM
jincuteguy
Driver

Anyone knows if the 2016 IS200T Fsport windows are factory tinting?
Old 10-25-16, 03:55 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Yea just talked to the owner from LuxAutoDetailing earlier today. Decided to go with CQ Finest, do you think I made the right decision? or should I go with Opti Coat Pro+? or Ceramic Pro 9H?
They are all great products... you cannot make a bad choice as long as you have found an expert installer. If the proper care, prep, and installation is done to the highest level there is nothing to worry about.

I am personally an authorized CQuartz Finest installer and am a huge fan of it.

Make sure you fully understand How to Properly Wash & Dry Your Car so you can maintain the finish afterwards.

-Zach
Old 10-25-16, 08:08 AM
popping
Lead Lap

Recently or when?

Sorry foot in mouth. It was lux he wasn't impressed with. Just said the the guy seemed super rushed, and didn't have his own place. He rented space from someone else's shop.
Old 10-25-16, 09:33 AM
jincuteguy
Driver

They are all great products... you cannot make a bad choice as long as you have found an expert installer. If the proper care, prep, and installation is done to the highest level there is nothing to worry about.

I am personally an authorized CQuartz Finest installer and am a huge fan of it.

Make sure you fully understand How to Properly Wash & Dry Your Car so you can maintain the finish afterwards.

-Zach
Hey Zach, thx again for good infos. Yea I read and watched How to Properly Wash & Dry Your Car guide from that website. But I still have a question.
So in the guide it said uses a good quality Microfiber cloth to dry the car after washing. But I thought drying with Microfiber cloth or whatever Microfiber weave will scratch the paint no matter what?
Unless I dry my car with an air blower or water Sheeting. But I still see a lot of guides out there telling ppl how to properly wash the car but most of them use Microfiber to dry the car?
So I'm confused, can you sheath me some lights? thx.

I live in an apartment so I can't wash my car right outside the parking, there is no source of water faucet and there's no power outlet for electric to hook up those Blower to dry the car.
So I always have to go to a DIY carwash. So is there a solution where I can wash my car with my own good carwash soap besides going to a carwash place? thx.
Old 10-25-16, 12:13 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

A good quality microfiber cloth won't scratch the surface. If you're getting scratches, it's likely dirt is still on your paint and the cloth is dragging it around.

Look into rinseless wash. It's good for washing off light layers of dust.
Old 10-25-16, 03:10 PM
jincuteguy
Driver

Originally Posted by GSteg
A good quality microfiber cloth won't scratch the surface. If you're getting scratches, it's likely dirt is still on your paint and the cloth is dragging it around.

Look into rinseless wash. It's good for washing off light layers of dust.

Hey man, thx for the response. So what considered to be a good quality Microfiber cloth? I bought some from Chemical Guys, are those considered good quality ones?
There are so many brands and private detailer brands are selling them. It's hard to find and stick to one really good quality one.

Quick Reply: Best detailer in the San Diego, CA area??