Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Pads and Products

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-16, 01:09 PM
FastFord
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 261 Posts
Default Pads and Products

Years of detailing had me using the so-called right pad with the right product. Well I ran out of cutting pads today and the guy wanted his car today, so I used a green LC polishing pad with a mild cut product. Damn, it worked pretty well. Took out the very minor marks no problem.

Maybe the experts already knew this, but I had never tried it. Seems like an in between method of cut/compound vs polish/polish,glaze,etc.

Happy Day!
Old 02-25-18, 03:05 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by FastFord
Years of detailing had me using the so-called right pad with the right product. Well I ran out of cutting pads today and the guy wanted his car today, so I used a green LC polishing pad with a mild cut product. Damn, it worked pretty well. Took out the very minor marks no problem.

Maybe the experts already knew this, but I had never tried it. Seems like an in between method of cut/compound vs polish/polish,glaze,etc.

Happy Day!
For anyone who has used the green pads what are your experiences. Can they finish down like a white pad with a mild or medium polish? Is the cutting ability decent, not too far off of a orange pad. I was going to order a few and not bother with replacing worn white pads if they can finish down like a white pad with a mild/finishing polish.
Old 02-26-18, 10:25 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
For anyone who has used the green pads what are your experiences. Can they finish down like a white pad with a mild or medium polish? Is the cutting ability decent, not too far off of a orange pad. I was going to order a few and not bother with replacing worn white pads if they can finish down like a white pad with a mild/finishing polish.
I was under the impression that the green pads are used with a finishing polish to jewel the paint as an added extra step. So they should be less cut than orange and finish better than white? I bought some with my last order of pads, but I haven't had a chance to detail a car yet.
Old 02-26-18, 04:01 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I was under the impression that the green pads are used with a finishing polish to jewel the paint as an added extra step. So they should be less cut than orange and finish better than white? I bought some with my last order of pads, but I haven't had a chance to detail a car yet.
I am under the impression they have less cut then a LC orange, more then a white pad, and they advertise them as being able to remove close to what a orange can but being able to finish down without the need to go to a white or blue to get rid of any haze/micro swirls created by the orange pads with a polish. I have not read too much on anyone who has used them though.