Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Idiots...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-16, 05:35 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Idiots...

sigh.....
this only supposed to happen on a Monday.

I literally had a dream this happened a few days ago and it happened.

I just wanted to come to the forums and vent. No idea how it happened. There was a red car parked very close to me this morning but he lives in the same complex I do so i don't think it was him. I also didn't see any red paint on my car.

i guess this was bound to happen? I drive it everyday and it's a rather big car... damnit!!!

Nothing I can do right? It even got some of the xpel door edge guard but it protected that part. It's that damn dent!!!!!! Sigh..

Old 10-12-16, 05:45 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Contact a professional who can do paintless dent repair. That dent looks like a walk in the park for them.
Old 10-12-16, 06:09 AM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 530 Likes on 386 Posts

I would be surprised it paintless dent removal could access that dent. It's very close to the edge of the door shell where the door skin is attached. I could be wrong but, would think it would be hard to get any tooling in that tight space.
Old 10-12-16, 06:34 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

They may be able to pull it if they can't get access behind it?

Idk... PDR isn't my area of expertise at all, but it wouldn't hurt to go get an estimate at a reputable PDR shop. They will be able to tell you what they can do... and I doubt it costs more than $100-$150 to get that dent fixed based on my past experiences.
Old 10-12-16, 08:34 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Hey guys... thank you so much for the responses. I was hoping zach would respond!

Need some pros.

Here are more images:

you can see that it's at the edge of the metal door which is the strongest part of the metal.

i looked on google and tips like heating it with a heat gun and then using dry ice to cool it.

Or or using the suction cup to suck it out?

I dont know any good body shops in the inland empire. Damn..,

Old 10-12-16, 08:51 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Just call up a PDR guy and see if they can fix it. Most of them will be very straight forward and tell you yes or no. For a dent in that area they will glue a plastic tab to your paint and use a slide hammer to pull it out.
Old 10-12-16, 10:31 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Spoke to a PDR guy. He said it's NOT possible due to the location of the dent, near the edge. Also, you can't get access behind it to pop it out.

I'm SO upset.
Old 10-12-16, 10:36 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

More photos
Old 10-12-16, 10:50 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
Spoke to a PDR guy. He said it's NOT possible due to the location of the dent, near the edge. Also, you can't get access behind it to pop it out.

I'm SO upset.
That sucks. But as Blkexcoupe mentioned, you don't need to have access behind the panel to pull the dent out. Here are examples of dents near the edge that was taken out with PDR.

http://www.car-dent-repairs.co.uk/door-dents.html (first two pic)
http://trainingpaintlessdentremoval....ntremoval-com/ (3rd paragraph looks particularly interesting, though the larger dent may have made the job easier)

Good luck.
Old 10-12-16, 11:19 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSteg
That sucks. But as Blkexcoupe mentioned, you don't need to have access behind the panel to pull the dent out. Here are examples of dents near the edge that was taken out with PDR.

http://www.car-dent-repairs.co.uk/door-dents.html (first two pic)
http://trainingpaintlessdentremoval....ntremoval-com/ (3rd paragraph looks particularly interesting, though the larger dent may have made the job easier)

Good luck.
Thanks! So it IS possible. The first guy said no, the second guy said he'd get back to me. PDR is the only option for me. I don't want to get it sanded etc.
Old 10-12-16, 12:04 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by aznkorboi

I'm SO upset.
You're going to have to find a really experienced PDR guy to do this and it won't be cheap, but you won't know for sure until you keep on asking.

Originally Posted by GSteg
(3rd paragraph looks particularly interesting, though the larger dent may have made the job easier)
The larger dent doesn't make it easier. The larger dent just looks better after the first pull.
Old 10-12-16, 02:13 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
You're going to have to find a really experienced PDR guy to do this and it won't be cheap, but you won't know for sure until you keep on asking.

The larger dent doesn't make it easier. The larger dent just looks better after the first pull.

I asked like 10 people. A few said it can't be done, others said it could but it would cost extra.

I found a guy who did it for 150!! He's been doing it since the 1900's. It was crazy.
Old 10-12-16, 03:48 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Congrats. Didn't think you would be able to track down a guy today. How long did it take him?
Old 10-12-16, 06:42 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Only 1.5 hours!
Old 10-12-16, 07:53 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Nice to see he was able to pull out the dent.

Quick Reply: Idiots...