Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

2016 ready for winter? Supplies Cart

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-16, 06:08 PM
Buzzer777
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2016 ready for winter? Supplies Cart

Living at the foothills of Lake Tahoe Nevada, it never seems too early to begin getting my vehicle(s) and supplies ready for winter driving preparation. Since I already have most of the washes, waxes and cleaning supplies in my garage left over from summertime. As you can see, I do not need too much for this coming winter LOL...Please feel free to make suggestions! This will be my 1st year with the all wheel drive RX350, which replaced a Mazda CX-5 AWD, which replaced a Subaru AWD Outback!, I need all the help I can get before tackling the ground up...I mean literally, as in TIRES! I usually place my preferred brands on the top shelves and work my way downwards as products fall out of favor!
Old 09-03-16, 06:29 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Here are some of my personal favorites......

Wheels and Tires
Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner - Great for heavy brake dust buildup!
EZ Detail Brush - a great tool to clean the barrels of your wheels! Pickup the large and mini brushes!
Wheel Woolies Kit - A great tool for cleaning wheel barrels, and other hard to reach places!
Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner & Tuf Shine Tire Brush
Opti-Bond Tire Gel - Water Based, so it helps nourish your rubber!

Washing:
2 Buckets & 2 Grit Guard (Package) - Essential equipment for safe washing!
Optimum Car Wash - A great maintenance shampoo.
Sheepskin Wash Mitt
Optimum No Rinse (ONR) - Rinseless Washing is a great way to quickly and safely clean your vehicle!

Bug & Tar:
Stoner Tarminator - This tar remover will quickly and easily remove tar buildup

Drying:
Microfiber Waffle Weave Towel
Metro Master Blaster - The safest way to dry your car is to not touch it at all!
Master Blaster Sidekick - This small blower moves an amazing amount of air and is perfect for making sure you don't have any water left in cracks and crevices!

Decontamination:
CarPro Iron X
DI Fine Grade Clay
NanoSkin Glide (clay lubricant)

Paint Correction & Polish:
Meg's M100 Cutting Compound (SMAT)
Meg's M205 Finishing Polish (SMAT)

Paint Sealant:
Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection

Buffers:
Griot's Garage 3rd Gen DA Polisher - Affordable, Effective, Reliable, and most of all SAFE FOR EVERYONE TO USE! This product is backed by a lifetime manufacturer warranty.

Backing Plates:
5" Backing Plate
3" Backing Plate

Buffing Pads:
Meguiar's MicroFiber Cutting Discs - Great for removing heavier defects or for working with harder paint
Lake Country 5.5” and 3” Foam Pads (I typically recommend Orange Light Cutting Pads, White Polishing Pads, Black Finishing Pads, and Blue Fine Finishing Pads)

Glass:
Stoner's Invisible Glass

Metal
CG Metal Wax Polish and Protection

Microfiber
Quality microfiber is one of the best investments you can make. You must make sure that only the best products are touching the surface of your car so that you are not scratching or damaging the surface.
Black & Yellow Towel - Perfect for removing polishes, sealants, waxes, etc. Plush on one side and shorter nap on the other. My go to towel for most of the work I do!
Double Thick Edgeless Towel - Perfect for quick detailers, rinseless washing, and other tasks where plush towels are needed.
Black All Purpose Towel - A must have towel! The black color helps to hide any stains that may occur during use. I use these towels exclusively on wheels, exhaust tips, engine bays, and other dirtier areas.
Micro-Restore Microfiber Detergent - Works great to clean your microfiber and help them maintain that "like new" softness.
Old 09-03-16, 08:38 AM
Buzzer777
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Nice collection!

Very Nice collection! Now I will have to purchase a larger cart!!

You are 100% correct on the Microfiber cloths. I have them in different weights, depending on what I am going to clean Go to themagicfiber.com for really fine surfaces like the instrument cluster...(Originally purchased to clean my eyeglasses...IT NEVER ENDS!

Living in the desert southwest, I buy "303 protectant" by the gallon AND Groits products are for the most part excellent. It was a close call with the Porter Cable, and it serves double duty on my workbench! Also serving double duty is a 4 hp Metro

Don't know where you are located, but in N. Nevada, when winter drops in, IT STAYS! Also, I have found most bug and tar stuff to be of dubious effectiveness...our bugs can be the size of birds! Also I have 3 long hair dogs and am the lucky owner of a 4 hp Metro blower..Super powerful!

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Here are some of my personal favorites......

Wheels and Tires
Sonax Full Effect Wheel Cleaner - Great for heavy brake dust buildup!
EZ Detail Brush - a great tool to clean the barrels of your wheels! Pickup the large and mini brushes!
Wheel Woolies Kit - A great tool for cleaning wheel barrels, and other hard to reach places!
Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner & Tuf Shine Tire Brush
Opti-Bond Tire Gel - Water Based, so it helps nourish your rubber!

Washing:
2 Buckets & 2 Grit Guard (Package) - Essential equipment for safe washing!
Optimum Car Wash - A great maintenance shampoo.
Sheepskin Wash Mitt
Optimum No Rinse (ONR) - Rinseless Washing is a great way to quickly and safely clean your vehicle!

Bug & Tar:
Stoner Tarminator - This tar remover will quickly and easily remove tar buildup

Drying:
Microfiber Waffle Weave Towel
Metro Master Blaster - The safest way to dry your car is to not touch it at all!
Master Blaster Sidekick - This small blower moves an amazing amount of air and is perfect for making sure you don't have any water left in cracks and crevices!

Decontamination:
CarPro Iron X
DI Fine Grade Clay
NanoSkin Glide (clay lubricant)

Paint Correction & Polish:
Meg's M100 Cutting Compound (SMAT)
Meg's M205 Finishing Polish (SMAT)

Paint Sealant:
Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection

Buffers:
Griot's Garage 3rd Gen DA Polisher - Affordable, Effective, Reliable, and most of all SAFE FOR EVERYONE TO USE! This product is backed by a lifetime manufacturer warranty.

Backing Plates:
5" Backing Plate
3" Backing Plate

Buffing Pads:
Meguiar's MicroFiber Cutting Discs - Great for removing heavier defects or for working with harder paint
Lake Country 5.5” and 3” Foam Pads (I typically recommend Orange Light Cutting Pads, White Polishing Pads, Black Finishing Pads, and Blue Fine Finishing Pads)

Glass:
Stoner's Invisible Glass

Metal
CG Metal Wax Polish and Protection

Microfiber
Quality microfiber is one of the best investments you can make. You must make sure that only the best products are touching the surface of your car so that you are not scratching or damaging the surface.
Black & Yellow Towel - Perfect for removing polishes, sealants, waxes, etc. Plush on one side and shorter nap on the other. My go to towel for most of the work I do!
Double Thick Edgeless Towel - Perfect for quick detailers, rinseless washing, and other tasks where plush towels are needed.
Black All Purpose Towel - A must have towel! The black color helps to hide any stains that may occur during use. I use these towels exclusively on wheels, exhaust tips, engine bays, and other dirtier areas.
Micro-Restore Microfiber Detergent - Works great to clean your microfiber and help them maintain that "like new" softness.

Last edited by Buzzer777; 09-03-16 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-03-16, 08:54 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

I don't even want to hear the word winter right now...