Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

New baby car care

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-16, 08:21 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 116 Likes on 89 Posts
Default New baby car care

I feel like there's a post on this already...

We all want bae looking like new for years to come..

What have you guys done or are doing to protect her/him?

I got xpel ultimate full hood, fender, headlights, a pillars, top part of moon roof, door edge, door cups, luggage strip.

First thing I did upon purchasing car was use car pro iron x to remove any rust or contaminants on the paint. I was surprised to see some purple in places.

I then used a clay bar to remove any contaminates that may have baked on from transport. I will say there were certain bumpy spots on the paint with contaminants.

Then, I used chemical guys sealant followed by meguarias ultimate wax. Not going to use regular wax anymore as it sticks to where the xpel is. Liquid life for me.

Used the armor all rim protectant.

Moving on to interior. This is the debatable part.

303 fabric guard with a paint brush on any carpeted parts I could find. It smells so bad, cancer in a bottle.

Used 303 aerospace protectant on the seats, dash, anything vinyl, leather. Rubbed it in good.

Then for overkill, used leather masters protection cream for th seats, wheel, and side areas where we put our elbows.

That's it so far. I have baby wipes in my car to quickly wipe down my seats every few days.
Old 05-31-16, 09:36 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
I feel like there's a post on this already...

We all want bae looking like new for years to come..

What have you guys done or are doing to protect her/him?

I got xpel ultimate full hood, fender, headlights, a pillars, top part of moon roof, door edge, door cups, luggage strip.

First thing I did upon purchasing car was use car pro iron x to remove any rust or contaminants on the paint. I was surprised to see some purple in places.

I then used a clay bar to remove any contaminates that may have baked on from transport. I will say there were certain bumpy spots on the paint with contaminants.

Then, I used chemical guys sealant followed by meguarias ultimate wax. Not going to use regular wax anymore as it sticks to where the xpel is. Liquid life for me.

Used the armor all rim protectant.

Moving on to interior. This is the debatable part.

303 fabric guard with a paint brush on any carpeted parts I could find. It smells so bad, cancer in a bottle.

Used 303 aerospace protectant on the seats, dash, anything vinyl, leather. Rubbed it in good.

Then for overkill, used leather masters protection cream for th seats, wheel, and side areas where we put our elbows.

That's it so far. I have baby wipes in my car to quickly wipe down my seats every few days.

Man, this sounds great! Can you post a few pics of the interior, before and after if available? Exterior pics are welcome too!