Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Spray detailer

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-16, 06:48 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

I honestly don't recommend using any spray detailer as a detailer haha I only use these types of products immediately after washing. If my car has light dust on it, I simply do a rinseless wash rather than a complete traditional wash. I just feel much safer doing a rinseless wash than just using a spray detailer. Rinseless washing provides MUCH more lubrication and therefore reduces the risks of scratching the paint Just my $0.02
Old 05-03-16, 10:53 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by jfelbab
My $0.02

During the "dry" season here in SW FL, I often can go several weeks without washing my vehicles. Typically weekly, I use M135 (UQD) to remove light dust and fingerprints then D156 (UQW) to maintain the shine, slickness and protection.

Besides the great performance of these "Professional or Detailer" line products from Meguiar's, I find them an exceptional value, especially when you can find free or discounted shipping when you stock up.

These are some of my "must have" gallon sized Meg's products:

M13501 - Synthetic Spray Detailer (a.k.a. UQD)
D10101 - APC
D11001 - Hyper Wash
D12001 - Glass Cleaner Concentrate
D14901 - Quik Interior Detailer
D17001 - Hyper Dressing
D15601 - Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax (a.k.a. UQW)
This right here is why I find Amazon a great resource for my non specialty items. Living out here in the middle of the Pacific I've been fortunate to grab everything from microfiber towels to gallons of Sonax to a MetroVac, all tax free and shipped free.
Old 05-03-16, 01:56 PM
user420
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
I honestly don't recommend using any spray detailer as a detailer haha I only use these types of products immediately after washing. If my car has light dust on it, I simply do a rinseless wash rather than a complete traditional wash. I just feel much safer doing a rinseless wash than just using a spray detailer. Rinseless washing provides MUCH more lubrication and therefore reduces the risks of scratching the paint Just my $0.02

I agree with your statement. I use Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash Concentrate with Carnauba. As you stated it provides much better lubrication than a quick detailer and it leaves a nice deep shine.
Old 06-13-16, 02:07 PM
darylrsv4
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Resurrecting this thread. I have gone back and forth with CG V07 and Car Pro Reload. I like the ease of use with the V07 and gets rid of water spots easily when using to dry my car ( wash early before the sun comes up to avoid water spotting, but the amount of calcium in our water and the So Cal heat makes it almost impossible to completely avoid) but seems to offer very little slickness.

I like the Reload and offers great slickness, but have to spray heavily to get rid of the water spots. If I can get the slickness and ease of use while getting rid of water spots in one product, I'm sold. Maybe the Meguiars is what I am looking for.
Old 06-13-16, 02:09 PM
darylrsv4
Pole Position

Zack, what waterless wash product do you use?
Old 06-13-16, 03:40 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by darylrsv4
Zack, what waterless wash product do you use?
I don't prefer waterless washing.

I personally prefer rinseless washing. I use Optimum No Rinse most often.
Old 06-13-16, 03:42 PM
trbosmitty
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by darylrsv4
Resurrecting this thread. I have gone back and forth with CG V07 and Car Pro Reload. I like the ease of use with the V07 and gets rid of water spots easily when using to dry my car ( wash early before the sun comes up to avoid water spotting, but the amount of calcium in our water and the So Cal heat makes it almost impossible to completely avoid) but seems to offer very little slickness.

I like the Reload and offers great slickness, but have to spray heavily to get rid of the water spots. If I can get the slickness and ease of use while getting rid of water spots in one product, I'm sold. Maybe the Meguiars is what I am looking for.

I feel the same way about V07. Looking to try something new as well.
Old 06-13-16, 03:55 PM
darylrsv4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
I don't prefer waterless washing.

I personally prefer rinseless washing. I use Optimum No Rinse most often.
Appreciate the link.