Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

can't decide...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-16, 04:31 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default can't decide...

need a coating, want to try something new... been using OC for the longest. applied Gyeon MOHS to the wifes car, so far so good on that note, cars looks amazing... definitely stays clean. just washed her the other day after about 2 weeks (the car, not my wife) and wiped her down with some Kenotek Showroom shine while she was still wet... DR. Beasleys Nano Resin, CQ UK, Kamikaze Myabi Coat... which would you choose?
Old 04-15-16, 10:27 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Anything 22PLE. I would put it against almost any coating on the market.

Have a large test panel at the shop that was prepped equally per product spec, then coated with several popular coatings. Got all the new 22PLE coatings on it, OC Pro, CQ Finest, CQ regular, Gtecniq (spelling?).

22PLE so far is on par or better then the rest of the coatings after several months. Washed with shampoo and mitt and rinsed/dried daily.
Old 04-18-16, 07:55 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Anything 22PLE. I would put it against almost any coating on the market.

Have a large test panel at the shop that was prepped equally per product spec, then coated with several popular coatings. Got all the new 22PLE coatings on it, OC Pro, CQ Finest, CQ regular, Gtecniq (spelling?).

22PLE so far is on par or better then the rest of the coatings after several months. Washed with shampoo and mitt and rinsed/dried daily.
thanx... applied 22PLE on my former 2013 OB GS F Sport back in 2012... i haven't tried any of the new versions yet... i loved it for the self cleaning ability, gloss, along with other properties we expect from a coating... although i found it to be quite soft, like the OB paint... if that makes sense. need to do some You Tubing on the new versions of 22PLE...