Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

They're back... MYSTERY ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-16, 05:55 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Et voila.

Old 02-16-16, 06:14 PM
detailersdomain
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
Et voila.

that's a great mystery box
Old 02-16-16, 06:55 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by detailersdomain
that's a great mystery box
I'm happy to try out some new products I wouldn't have otherwise tried. Thanks!
Old 02-16-16, 07:42 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

you can not go wrong with nanolex... that plush MF towel is my favorite... those pads are great for small tight spots...
Old 02-17-16, 08:09 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

The microfiber towel is fantastic. I can always use more of them. I'm looking forward to trying out the Nanolex soap. I am not sure about the leather sealant, though. I will have to read up on that a bit.

I am planning on a full detailing day soon (need to put my CQUK on my GS). I'll put some of these things to use at that time.
Old 02-23-16, 08:55 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

So, these were the contents of my Mystery Box:

From perusing this corner of the forum, I've heard and read about Sonax and Kenotek, but never have heard of 1z.
I also don't know what type/brand of MF towel this is, but it seems of a good quality; very soft and good water absorbent capability.
I must say that I was a bit put off by the fact that the Kenotek Polish & Wax bottle was half full.
I have not used the Sonax interior cleaner, nor the Kenotek, but I have used the 1z wheel cleaner and it works great.
It changes purple to indicate that its cleaning grime.
I went ahead and sprayed a bit of water, used a spoke brush for a bit of scrubbing, then sprayed clean and the wheels were practically spotless. Seems to be a great product.
As far as the other two, I know very little about.
Anyone with experience regarding these products have any tips when using the Sonax and Kenotek?
Thanks.
Old 02-23-16, 09:21 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14
From perusing this corner of the forum, I've heard and read about Sonax and Kenotek, but never have heard of 1z.
Thanks.
The company is (or was) called Einszett... they made a lot of excellent products, however they have recently decided to close shop, but some of their product line will live on through a new label.

More info here:
Einszett Closes, Nextzett Begins by Reece @ DI
Old 02-23-16, 11:36 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CRowe14
So, these were the contents of my Mystery Box:

I also don't know what type/brand of MF towel this is, but it seems of a good quality; very soft and good water absorbent capability.
I must say that I was a bit put off by the fact that the Kenotek Polish & Wax bottle was half full.
I have not used the Sonax interior cleaner, nor the Kenotek, but I have used the 1z wheel cleaner and it works great.
It changes purple to indicate that its cleaning grime.
I went ahead and sprayed a bit of water, used a spoke brush for a bit of scrubbing, then sprayed clean and the wheels were practically spotless. Seems to be a great product.
As far as the other two, I know very little about.
Anyone with experience regarding these products have any tips when using the Sonax and Kenotek?
Thanks.
i would PM or contact Phil on that half full bottle of Kenotek... he will make things right.
Old 02-23-16, 12:12 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
The company is (or was) called Einszett... they made a lot of excellent products, however they have recently decided to close shop, but some of their product line will live on through a new label.

More info here:
Hey Zack, thanks for that link!
Old 02-23-16, 12:16 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
i would PM or contact Phil on that half full bottle of Kenotek... he will make things right.
Appreciate you chiming in.
We've exchanged a few emails today, and he told me that, regarding his experience with Kenotek products, the bottles are known to come a bit below full but a half full bottle seemed strange to him.
I told him its indeed pretty low and if not half, very close to it.
You can actually see it and tell that fact in the photo, that the bottle isn't uniformly round, and has a compression value to it.
I know some plastic bottles unopened can have some deformity values to them, but not to the point where it looks like its been squeezed.
Looking forward to having the situation taken care of.
Thanks again.
Old 02-24-16, 10:05 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

I've been in constant communications with Phil over at Detailers Domain and he has been fantastic!
What we have been discussing is the fact that my Kenotek Polish and Wax bottle wasn't filled to, what I thought to be, full capacity, and I received a bottle that had been used.
Apparently, and I learned this from speaking with Phil, Kenotek does not fill their bottles all the way up.
He sent me a photo and marked the photo with an arrow indicating where the fluid level is when he receives his shipment.
The fluid level in my bottle is lower than the indicated mark in the photo he sent me, but I'm not going to continue to haggle about it.
Phil and the good people over at DD have done an excellent job at trying to remedy the issue, and have provided impeccable customer service.
I am definitely a customer.
Thanks!
Old 03-31-16, 07:58 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

get your mystery box today... if you can... just got the e-mail... busy at UPS and didn't even know they were back... gotta get mine quick... i believe tomorrow 4/1/16 is the last day...
Old 04-01-16, 07:03 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4

More info here:
i wondered about this i've seen new labels on the wheel cleaner and cockpit... That wheel cleaner is the best IMO... I bought the 6pk from DD a few months back.. and for the interior all i use is the cockpit..
Old 04-01-16, 03:01 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

I ordered 2 boxes yesterday. I wish detailersdomain was closer to CA.
Old 04-02-16, 06:02 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I ordered 2 boxes yesterday. I wish detailersdomain was closer to CA.
GL, hope you get that $350 box... post up whatever you receive... we nosy here

Quick Reply: They're back... MYSTERY ???