Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

They're back... MYSTERY ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-16, 01:33 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Box 1:
Kenotek brilliant wash
1z colortek wheel cleaner
Auto finesse tough prep
Uber green super plush towel

Box 2:
Uber drying towel
Adams H20 guard and gloss
Adams 4" machine glaze pad
Kenotek wheel cleaner (originally outside of the box, but now that I think about it... it wouldn't make sense for box 1 to have 2 wheel cleaners.)

Anyone know if these wheel cleaners would be safe on my polished HRE wheels?
Old 02-13-16, 03:26 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Which box did the fire extinguisher come in?
Old 02-13-16, 07:04 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSteg
Which box did the fire extinguisher come in?
I had to buy new ones for the shop to meet fire regulations, so I got an extra for the house just in case you ever need to work on your car at my place. We both know you're accident prone.
Old 02-15-16, 12:02 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe

Box 1:
Kenotek brilliant wash
1z colortek wheel cleaner
Auto finesse tough prep
Uber green super plush towel

Box 2:
Uber drying towel
Adams H20 guard and gloss
Adams 4" machine glaze pad
Kenotek wheel cleaner (originally outside of the box, but now that I think about it... it wouldn't make sense for box 1 to have 2 wheel cleaners.)

Anyone know if these wheel cleaners would be safe on my polished HRE wheels?
you got some good stuff... Nice haul. The kenotek wheel cleaner will be safe but I know no nada about the 1Z product... 1Z should have a site that will explain if it is safe for your wheels... It should be in the product description on DD...

Last edited by sydtoosic; 02-15-16 at 12:09 AM.
Old 02-15-16, 08:58 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

You guys are making me excited for mine to arrive on Friday!
Old 02-15-16, 09:04 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I looked it up after I posted. It says 1z colortec is safe for all wheel finishes, but on the bottle it has a sticker that says do not use on powdercoated rims.

I tried out the Kenotek brilliant wash and 1z colortec on my mom's car yesterday. The brilliant wash is nice and slick. 1z colortec reminds me of sonax full effect because it changes colors, has a similar smell, and gives similar results on oem rims. I have no complaints about either product.
Old 02-15-16, 10:20 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Tracking number says it'll arrive this Friday, but most likely it'll be at my doors Thursday. Will post photos then!
Old 02-15-16, 09:01 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

i was finally able to get a handle on my photo bucket account... this is my haul from DD. MB contained Adams products, P21S and my fave plush towel ( this towel is great if you are applying Sonax polymer net shield ) my Rupes i have yet to try out but it will be in the 60s here in a day or two, so i will definitely have a polishing party by myself. the Gyeon box is a coating kit... Gyeon MOHS is what it is, it comes with 50ml of coating, the smallest bottle of cure , a face mask, suede towels and an app pad. the box is triangular in shape, pretty cool packaging

Name:  IMG_0787_zpscfqfeipj.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  177.8 KB

Last edited by sydtoosic; 02-15-16 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-16-16, 06:13 AM
detailersdomain
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow seems like you all won!

thanks for the support.

the Keontek wheel cleaner was an additional freebie to try out, it does contain acid so use on grimy/dirty wheels. It's quick and needs to be rinsed off completely. I would say don't use it on your HRE's just to be safe.
Old 02-16-16, 08:18 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Ugh why do you guys have to ship Fedex SurePost for (lol). Scheduled to be delivered Thursday but it's about to be transferred to USPS so I might get it tomorrow.

I bought two mystery boxes and yet the package is only 7lbs. A bunch of towels that I so desperately need?
Old 02-16-16, 09:41 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by detailersdomain
wow seems like you all won!

thanks for the support.

the Keontek wheel cleaner was an additional freebie to try out, it does contain acid so use on grimy/dirty wheels. It's quick and needs to be rinsed off completely. I would say don't use it on your HRE's just to be safe.
Thanks for offering the mystery boxes and the extra freebie. These were all products I would have never considered trying (besides the towels).

I'll stick with P21s gel on my HRE's. It sounds like I won't be able to try kenotek until I wash a track car since racing pads create a lot of dust.
Old 02-16-16, 11:37 AM
detailersdomain
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GSteg
Ugh why do you guys have to ship Fedex SurePost for (lol). Scheduled to be delivered Thursday but it's about to be transferred to USPS so I might get it tomorrow.

I bought two mystery boxes and yet the package is only 7lbs. A bunch of towels that I so desperately need?
sorry that is the only way we can stay competitive and offer out a flat rate of $5.99.

I didn't want to go that route but we were forced to due to the BIG Box stores offering out Prime and free shipping etc. We have tried hard to avoid this but we had to go with the lowest cost shipping so we can reduce the losses we get with shipping.
Old 02-16-16, 11:38 AM
detailersdomain
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
Thanks for offering the mystery boxes and the extra freebie. These were all products I would have never considered trying (besides the towels).

I'll stick with P21s gel on my HRE's. It sounds like I won't be able to try kenotek until I wash a track car since racing pads create a lot of dust.
no probelm this is definitely a great way to get some seriously great products out to people who love new products but are not willing to take the chances to buy them.
Old 02-16-16, 03:09 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

FedEx is listing mine as only 2 pounds, so I'll assume I didn't win the $350 loot.
Old 02-16-16, 04:29 PM
detailersdomain
Former Sponsor

good things come in small packages.....at least I like to tell myself that.

Quick Reply: They're back... MYSTERY ???