Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Nanolex Washcoat... Gyeon Wet Coat...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-16, 01:15 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe

Is a foam lance the preferred method for using wash coat or does a spray bottle work fine? I regret not reading the instructions first and ordering a foam lance.
nice pick up... I personally use a foam cannon... i also have a kwazar pump sprayer that i also obtained from DD. the foam lance works great. i use both the Nanolex pure shampoo and the Gyeon Bathe+. trying to figure out which one i like better. leaning towards bathe+ because it also renders your paint hydrophobic after washing. pure shampoo is great also, they are not as sudsy as i'd like ( i foam with the foam cannon before every wash so it doesn't matter to me )but it is as slick as fish grease, lubricity is the key. the cure is amazing. Nanolex actually makes a noise as it sits on your paint, like a faint sizzling noise. :thumb: BTW, is that an air tank for airbags in the pic? let me find out...
Old 02-05-16, 02:23 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
nice pick up... I personally use a foam cannon... i also have a kwazar pump sprayer that i also obtained from DD. the foam lance works great. i use both the Nanolex pure shampoo and the Gyeon Bathe+. trying to figure out which one i like better. leaning towards bathe+ because it also renders your paint hydrophobic after washing. pure shampoo is great also, they are not as sudsy as i'd like ( i foam with the foam cannon before every wash so it doesn't matter to me )but it is as slick as fish grease, lubricity is the key. the cure is amazing. Nanolex actually makes a noise as it sits on your paint, like a faint sizzling noise. :thumb: BTW, is that an air tank for airbags in the pic? let me find out...
I forgot about using a foam cannon. I haven't used my foam cannon in years because I live in Southern California, so I get enough weird looks for washing my car while everyone is choosing to let their lawns die.

That's nice to hear pure shampoo is great. I've been using pinnacle bodywork shampoo for the last 7 or 8 years as my soap of choice (mostly because of the nice coconut smell). I figured its time to try all the new updated detailing technology. I'll make sure to add Bathe+ to my order next time.

Yes, that is a compressor and air tank in the background for my air suspension.
Old 02-05-16, 05:34 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

If you are diluting the Washcoat in a 32oz bottle, how many ounces of product are you adding to still get good beading but not waste product by using at full strength? Directions on bottle are not clear to me.
Old 02-06-16, 02:11 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
If you are diluting the Washcoat in a 32oz bottle, how many ounces of product are you adding to still get good beading but not waste product by using at full strength? Directions on bottle are not clear to me.
you actually don't need to fill a 32oz. bottle. for the initial app, you use 50ml then dilute with 100ml of water. i never have to fill my foam canon bottle and i apply the washcoat twice with what is in the bottle, you have to use all the product. you can't save any in the bottle and you only mix what you will use right before you apply. note: you only use 20ml washcoat with 50ml water for maintaining. i would not use the washcoat at full strength. Gyeon has a wetcoat that can be used straight out of the bottle with no dilution. they are both great but washcoat is more cost effective...
Old 02-11-16, 06:44 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

I forgot about using a foam cannon. I haven't used my foam cannon in years because I live in Southern California, so I get enough weird looks for washing my car while everyone is choosing to let their lawns die.

That's nice to hear pure shampoo is great. I've been using pinnacle bodywork shampoo for the last 7 or 8 years as my soap of choice (mostly because of the nice coconut smell). I figured its time to try all the new updated detailing technology. I'll make sure to add Bathe+ to my order next time.

Yes, that is a compressor and air tank in the background for my air suspension.
you can use the pump sprayer... if water restrictions are a problem. however you will need a strong stream of water to rinse off the washcoat.
Old 02-11-16, 09:40 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

you can use the pump sprayer... if water restrictions are a problem. however you will need a strong stream of water to rinse off the washcoat.
Its more of a social issue. The water restrictions only apply to automated sprinkler systems. The only requirement for washing a car is that the hose has a nozzle on it.

Hopefully I can try out washcoat this weekend. I picked up a pump sprayer and distilled water yesterday, so I have everything I need.
Old 02-11-16, 07:10 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Its more of a social issue. The water restrictions only apply to automated sprinkler systems. The only requirement for washing a car is that the hose has a nozzle on it.

Hopefully I can try out washcoat this weekend. I picked up a pump sprayer and distilled water yesterday, so I have everything I need.
:thumbs:, let us knows how it turns out... post pics if you can. after you rinse the washcoat, spray the Cure while the car is still wet. dry with WWMF towel or uber plush drying towel. distilled water is good to have. i have cases in the garage, whenever i have to dilute, i use distilled water... i also use it in my ONR solution, Opti clean solution etc...
Old 02-13-16, 06:57 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I finally had the chance to try out Nanolex wash coat and Gyeon Cure today. I used both on the same car as syd recommended. I started with nanolex wash coat and the car looked and felt amazing once it was done. I got carried away with cure and used too much product which resulted in streaking. I rinsed and dried the car a 2nd time which removed most of the streaking.

I'm definitely looking forward to trying both products again (hopefully without wasting as much) to see how it comes out.

Old 02-15-16, 12:45 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

man I love those cars.... wish I could allow myself to own a black vehicle :/
Old 02-15-16, 08:35 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

I finally had the chance to try out Nanolex wash coat and Gyeon Cure today. I used both on the same car as syd recommended. I started with nanolex wash coat and the car looked and felt amazing once it was done. I got carried away with cure and used too much product which resulted in streaking. I rinsed and dried the car a 2nd time which removed most of the streaking.

I'm definitely looking forward to trying both products again (hopefully without wasting as much) to see how it comes out.

sweet, reminds me of my OB w/red int. 2013 Gs F Sport... i really tried to maintain her without doing any damage to the paint, but that OB lexus paint is so soft, it became a full time job. that looks sweet Blkexcoupe... did you apply the Cure while the car was still wet? all that is needed is a couple of sprays per panel, maybe 3 or 4 for the hood. i know the feeling though, you learn as you go. did you hit the wheels with the washcoat and Cure? i would dry that puppy only with a uber plush drying towel... what i do is after she is dry, i put away all my wash media, empty buckets, put away pressure washer, then i get a super plush MF towel and spray Cure or Kenotek on the towel, around 3 or 4 sprays... rub towel together then burnish the paint with it...

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
man I love those cars.... wish I could allow myself to own a black vehicle :/
been there, done that Z... wish i could again, but i'll pass.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 02-15-16 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-15-16, 08:49 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

pic of the old girl back in 2012... 8 hr. garage detail, i was beat after i finished with her. ( no pun intended )

Name:  IMG_0064_zpsef5fdc5e.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  136.9 KB
Name:  IMG_0176_zpsf089a77c.jpg
Views: 505
Size:  103.0 KB

had my F Sport wheels refinished in hyper silver...
Old 02-16-16, 09:57 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

sweet, reminds me of my OB w/red int. 2013 Gs F Sport... i really tried to maintain her without doing any damage to the paint, but that OB lexus paint is so soft, it became a full time job. that looks sweet Blkexcoupe... did you apply the Cure while the car was still wet? all that is needed is a couple of sprays per panel, maybe 3 or 4 for the hood. i know the feeling though, you learn as you go. did you hit the wheels with the washcoat and Cure? i would dry that puppy only with a uber plush drying towel... what i do is after she is dry, i put away all my wash media, empty buckets, put away pressure washer, then i get a super plush MF towel and spray Cure or Kenotek on the towel, around 3 or 4 sprays... rub towel together then burnish the paint with it...
The car belongs to my friend, and I think it is a 2013 OB/Red interior GS F-sport too. He texted me that morning asking how he should wash his car, so I asked if I could use his car to test out washcoat and cure.

My process was:
1. clean the wheels with sonax full effect
2. wash the car with nanolex pure shampoo
3. spray the car down with nanolex wash coat
4. sprayed off the wash coat and then took off the nozzle and let the water run freely to sheet off (I was trying to teach the owner how to wash his car while I was there)
5. Sprayed gyeon cure on the car and wiped it off.

I didn't put washcoat and cure on the wheels since my friend is waiting on new wheels to show up from japan. Knowing him he might install a temporary set next week to put on while he waits for his new rims to show up.
Old 02-16-16, 11:39 AM
detailersdomain
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would you say Kenotek is better than Gyeon Cure? would you consider Kenotek a sealant or QD?
more of a quick detailer with protection. it won't last the 12 weeks Cure states.
Old 02-16-16, 11:40 AM
detailersdomain
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stan the car is looks great!
Old 02-16-16, 07:49 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by detailersdomain
Stan the car is looks great!
that's an old pic of your fave car that you detailed twice. you told me not to bring it back... after maintaining it myself i understand why you said that...

Quick Reply: Nanolex Washcoat... Gyeon Wet Coat...