Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Nanolex Washcoat... Gyeon Wet Coat...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-16, 01:11 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
you will not be disappointed and you will be impressed... washcoat is the truth... no comparison to CPH2... wet coat by Gyeon is ok but can not touch washcoat. Cure by Gyeon is the best sealant i have used to date... it smells similar to CPR, but without the streaking and it does a much better job at keeping the car cleaner longer... i've tried damn near everything and Nanolex and Gyeon definitely impresses me to say the least. those 2 products are all i use now. Kenotek is also next on my list. I am so glad Phil@ detailers domain started carrying these products... i would like to see Gyeon View and foam at DD also... BIG HINT PHIL...
I just ordered wash coat and cure after reading this.
Old 01-27-16, 02:08 PM
Gee44
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I just ordered the wash coat too and this will be my first time to try. Let's see...
Old 01-27-16, 02:23 PM
detailersdomain
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gee44
I just ordered the wash coat too and this will be my first time to try. Let's see...
Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
thanks for the order guys!
Old 01-27-16, 03:37 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

:thumbs: prepare to be amazed gentleman...

almost forgot... i also ordered the Gyeon Q2 tire dressing from Detailers Domain...another amazing product... having problems or do not like your current tire dressing? Gyeon Tire is the answer.i do not work for DD, the products he carries are phenomenal, they work and at a great price. my go to spot for car care products. if you're spending good money on a Lexus, then you need to make sure your Lex is pampered and well taken care of.

Last edited by sydtoosic; 01-27-16 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-27-16, 05:13 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

I just remembered my SC has fresh paint, so I don't have a car to test these products on at the moment. Hopefully I'll find a suitable candidate by the time I get my order.
Old 01-27-16, 08:24 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

I just remembered my SC has fresh paint, so I don't have a car to test these products on at the moment. Hopefully I'll find a suitable candidate by the time I get my order.
how fresh is fresh???
Old 01-27-16, 09:22 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

how fresh is fresh???
I got the car back about 2 weeks ago.
Old 01-28-16, 08:50 AM
Gee44
Driver

Default When to Apply This?

Originally Posted by detailersdomain
thanks for the order guys!
I was reading your detailing guide, so do I ...

* Wash, Rinse, Dry
* Clay Bar
* Polish - Do I have to polish before using this product or can I use it after claying the car?

I will wax as well but want to know your recommendations.

Thanks
Old 01-28-16, 03:14 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

I got the car back about 2 weeks ago.
yeah, that's super fresh. i would not put anything on that paint for about 90 days i believe... if i remember correctly.

I was reading your detailing guide, so do I ...

* Wash, Rinse, Dry
* Clay Bar
* Polish - Do I have to polish before using this product or can I use it after claying the car?

I will wax as well but want to know your recommendations.

Thanks
do not think you will need any wax... depends on how you care for your paint. i haven't waxed my car in years.if paint is trashed, then polish and apply product... if paint is good, then clay if needed then apply product.
Old 01-28-16, 08:01 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

yeah, that's super fresh. i would not put anything on that paint for about 90 days i believe... if i remember correctly.
90 days has always been the general rule that I've heard for letting paint cure.

I've decided on a red test vehicle, but I don't have a work space with a low enough driveway for the car to enter. Luckily I still have a week to make arrangements.

I can't remember the last time I bought detailing products, so I'm excited to try them.
Old 01-29-16, 06:15 AM
Gee44
Driver

do not think you will need any wax... depends on how you care for your paint. i haven't waxed my car in years.if paint is trashed, then polish and apply product... if paint is good, then clay if needed then apply product.
Awesome!... Can't wait to try this out then.

I went back to the site and it seems to be all gone!

Thanks for your help
Old 01-29-16, 09:26 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

90 days has always been the general rule that I've heard for letting paint cure.

I've decided on a red test vehicle, but I don't have a work space with a low enough driveway for the car to enter. Luckily I still have a week to make arrangements.

I can't remember the last time I bought detailing products, so I'm excited to try them.
i know the feeling...

Awesome!... Can't wait to try this out then.

I went back to the site and it seems to be all gone!

Thanks for your help
wash coat was just restocked at DD, that stuff is gold. wet coat is good, but it is already ready to use, so IMO if you have a heavy trigger finger like me, you will definitely waste the product. don't get me wrong... wet coat works great but for the amount of ready to use product as opposed to the concentrated wash coat that has to be diluted... wash coat is a more sensible go to product for me... i am going to buy another bottle of wet coat and see how it works this time. i just have to take it easy this time on the trigger. when you are done rinsing the wash coat, then while the car is still wet, spray the Cure and dry. it's a beautiful thing...
Old 01-29-16, 09:54 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

i know the feeling...

wash coat was just restocked at DD, that stuff is gold. wet coat is good, but it is already ready to use, so IMO if you have a heavy trigger finger like me, you will definitely waste the product. don't get me wrong... wet coat works great but for the amount of ready to use product as opposed to the concentrated wash coat that has to be diluted... wash coat is a more sensible go to product for me... i am going to buy another bottle of wet coat and see how it works this time. i just have to take it easy this time on the trigger. when you are done rinsing the wash coat, then while the car is still wet, spray the Cure and dry. it's a beautiful thing...
Sounds like you should do a couple reviews/write ups for these products! They sound great!
Old 01-29-16, 09:37 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Sounds like you should do a couple reviews/write ups for these products! They sound great!
hey Z... I get excited when I find a product I like... I have to share the good news. . I have tried lots and only a handful has caused me to post about it. Kamikaze is on the list, so is Myabi... Hope I spelled that last one right.
Old 02-04-16, 11:25 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Is a foam lance the preferred method for using wash coat or does a spray bottle work fine? I regret not reading the instructions first and ordering a foam lance.

Quick Reply: Nanolex Washcoat... Gyeon Wet Coat...