Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

What brand of wax do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-15, 07:05 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default What brand of wax do you use?

Hi guys just curious what everyone's preference is and what the results are like. Thank you for your time!
Old 08-31-15, 08:55 AM
BossHu
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Mothers, Turtle Wax, or Meguiars... whichever one is readily available in my garage.
Old 08-31-15, 09:36 AM
MKenM
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I have been using Ultima Car Care products for a few years on my Vette and now my RC F Sport. If your car has been clayed and clean Paint Guard Plus is quick and easy. A little expensive but it goes a long, long way. After priming the applicator one spray per panel is all that is required. Let it dry no buffing unless you're like me I do it anyway the results are great. Takes me less than 15 minutes to do the entire car. 10 minutes for the Vette.

http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-car-care.html
Old 08-31-15, 09:39 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MKenM
I have been using Ultima Car Care products for a few years on my Vette and now my RC F Sport. If your car has been clayed and clean Paint Guard Plus is quick and easy. A little expensive but it goes a long, long way. After priming the applicator one spray per panel is all that is required. Let it dry no buffing unless you're like me I do it anyway the results are great. Takes me less than 15 minutes to do the entire car. 10 minutes for the Vette.

http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-car-care.html
Thank you! I like the fact that it will not take 1-2 hours haha
Old 08-31-15, 09:44 AM
ZAM
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I use meguiars ultimate liquid wax
The following users liked this post:
Woffski (12-28-20)
Old 08-31-15, 10:36 AM
Bimmerbob
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Zymol products for me
Old 08-31-15, 10:50 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I've retired from using wax and went straight to CarPro Hydro2. The application saves so much time over traditional waxing method, yet leaves the paint surface VERY slick. It'll get into creeks and crevices like the grill (especially the RC's), wheels, etc so you won't miss a spot. It'll last approximately 3 months, but resist chemicals better than wax.

After washing your car (drying not necessary), get the car panel wet and then mist on some hydro2 solution (1:3 ratio). Quickly rinse off the panel with a strong stream of water and you're done. There are tons of videos on youtube showing the application but you'll be amazed at how well it works.
Old 09-01-15, 05:07 AM
glower
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wax - how often?

How often do you wax?
Old 09-01-15, 06:21 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSteg
I've retired from using wax and went straight to CarPro Hydro2. The application saves so much time over traditional waxing method, yet leaves the paint surface VERY slick. It'll get into creeks and crevices like the grill (especially the RC's), wheels, etc so you won't miss a spot. It'll last approximately 3 months, but resist chemicals better than wax.

After washing your car (drying not necessary), get the car panel wet and then mist on some hydro2 solution (1:3 ratio). Quickly rinse off the panel with a strong stream of water and you're done. There are tons of videos on youtube showing the application but you'll be amazed at how well it works.
Will definitely pick some up after I use up this wax that I just ordered (I wash my car bi-weekly haha...)

Last edited by SRC350F; 09-01-15 at 06:25 AM.
Old 09-01-15, 05:59 PM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

+1 for Hydr02. I also use Blackfire Crystal Seal. From time to time, I do use Poorboys World Natty's Red paste wax as a topper to the sealant.
Old 09-02-15, 12:03 PM
PondScum
Driver

I pretty much stopped using waxes about 20 years ago when I started using Meguiar's #20 Polymer Sealant. In the years that followed I used Klasse, Blackfire, 4 Star, Zaino, Optimum, and others I can't recall. I had been using Opti-Seal mostly before I switched to silica coatings a couple years back.

Nothing wrong with using a wax, if that's the product whose properties are the best match for your needs. There is something wrong with using a wax when your needs would be better met with a sealant or coating.
Old 09-02-15, 02:46 PM
NoRegrets1
Driver School Candidate

I just started using Wolfgang Fuzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax and am extremely impressed with it. It goes on very smooth and even and comes off easier than anything I've ever used without any streaking or smearing. You don't even have to wait for it to haze up. Leave a very deep, rich, reflective shine. Absolutely beautiful! Also doesn't attract dust! I'm very happy with this wax.

At $195 I had sticker shock, but came across a recent sale for $50 for an 8oz tub. Thought worth a try at that price. Loved it so much I ordered another tub while the sale was still on. Should be good for some time now as it goes on so thin and smooth that not much gets used.

Love how it looks on my '15 ES350 Atomic Silver and it really made my wife's pearlized diamond white Avalon pop!

Best wishes,
No Regrets
Old 09-05-15, 04:35 AM
BAlbright
Driver

Liquid Glass...great stuff..easy on/easy off...$20/ pint. I started using it 30 years ago when I was dating a lady who belonged to a local Corvette club. When the people in the club had concours events, almost all of them were using it
Old 09-05-15, 04:22 PM
NoRegrets1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NoRegrets1
I just started using Wolfgang Fuzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax and am extremely impressed with it. It goes on very smooth and even and comes off easier than anything I've ever used without any streaking or smearing. You don't even have to wait for it to haze up. Leave a very deep, rich, reflective shine. Absolutely beautiful! Also doesn't attract dust! I'm very happy with this wax.

At $195 I had sticker shock, but came across a recent sale for $50 for an 8oz tub. Thought worth a try at that price. Loved it so much I ordered another tub while the sale was still on. Should be good for some time now as it goes on so thin and smooth that not much gets used.

Love how it looks on my '15 ES350 Atomic Silver and it really made my wife's pearlized diamond white Avalon pop!

Best wishes,
No Regrets
I thought I'd add a few images from my wife's Avalon Ltd that was waxed with the Wolfgang Fuzion Carnauba Polymer Estate Wax. It's hard to see in the photos, but it really does have a nice deep reflection and shine and the pearlized metal flake really pops in the right light. In any case, this is a 2011 and still looks like new.

Best wishes,
No Regrets

The following users liked this post:
Woffski (12-28-20)
Old 09-13-15, 12:12 PM
dalarid
Driver School Candidate

Whats the pros and cons of a sealant?

Quick Reply: What brand of wax do you use?