Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Should I switch from a wax or sealant, to a coating?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-15, 05:40 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Should I switch from a wax or sealant, to a coating?

Coatings have been becoming extremely popular the past couple of years. Detailers and weekend warriors have been switching over from waxes and sealants to see what all the buzz is about. Two of the biggest issues we hear from our customers before they make the switch however is, price and the ease of use. Coatings will continue to grow and evolve with time, but 22ple recently released the VX3 that really takes price and ease of use into mind.

22ple VX3 Signature Glass Coating allows you to see exactly what coatings have to offer, all at a great price point. Where VX3 really shines however is in ease of use. I could explain exactly how easy this coating actually is to apply, but we just had two great articles that were released by Ivan Rajic of LUSTR Auto Detail and Zach McGovern of Attention to Detailing that explain it better than I ever could. Take a look at two amazing photos from these articles below and do not hesitate to click the link on each to read the full articles on our Ask-A-Pro Blog.

• In our second article, Zach shares his take on the VX3 and includes some fantastic pictures in the process.
We hope that you find these articles as helpful as we did and you give coatings a shot, we know we are happy we have! If you do have any questions on coatings, or any other products please do not hesitate to contact us as well.

Greg @ DI
Old 08-28-15, 06:03 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

We've used 22ple VX3 Signature Glass Coating on several customer vehicles so far, and I am currently doing some extensive testing of both VX3 and VX Pro2 on my personal vehicle to monitor durability.

Name:  20150815-DSC_6003_zpsikqbwiav.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  1.15 MB

Both products are very easy to use, but the edge goes to VX3 Signature... as Greg mentioned, not only is it simple to use, it is very affordable. Certainly something I plan on using more often based on the results we have seen so far.

-Zach
Old 09-25-15, 06:03 AM
xtr3me
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

@ Zach...

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my pm query regarding the 22ple vx3 signature coating. Super fast response along with the very detailed info you provided is very much appreciated and will be very useful in my first trial run with the VX3 and the VS1 Final Coat.

I'm anxious to see how it compares and holds up to the other products I use, the harsh conditions of windblown salt water, oak tree sap and daily bird bombings we experience here on the ga coast will definitely give testimony to any product's superior charactics or shortcomings

Last edited by xtr3me; 09-25-15 at 09:23 AM. Reason: with