Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Advice: Turtle Wax Polishing Compound

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-03, 09:07 PM
ron36330
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice: Turtle Wax Polishing Compound

Hey Guys;
Could some of you give me a recommendation on "Turtle Wax Polishing Compound".
Is good/bad, hard on clear-coat, etc. This is NOT rubbing compound. It is called Polishing Compound.
I wanted to use it before I waxed my 03 LS and wanted to know if it would damage the finish.
Your advice is appreciated.
Ron
Old 03-30-03, 09:28 PM
rockhard
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ron,

Can't say anything good or bad about Turtle Wax since I don't use any of their products.

Personally, I would recommend you trying Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion or any of the Meguiar compound products for cleaning the paint before you wax.

For waxing, I highly recommend Collinite liquid or paste wax. Excellent shine, long lasting durability, and easy to remove.

And while I am at it, I recommend 303 Aerospace Protectant for your tire dressing. To clean the wheels, use Amazing Roll Off and then apply Wheel Wax to protect your wheels, as well making it easier to remove future brake dust. Lexol vinyl and leather cleaner / conditioner for your interior. And if you want to do your engine, Amazing Roll Off works well on engine bays as well (so does 303 Aerospace Protectant).

A little more than you asked for, but I hope you find this information somewhat pertinent.

Take care.

Rock Hard