Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Cheap Sealant / Professional Results / Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-15, 02:17 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Cheap Sealant / Professional Results / Pics

Hello CL community,

I was at my local Auto Zone the other day and I found this paint sealant for $18.00. I decided to give it a try and was amazed by the results. It is an all-in-one cleaner, polisher & wax. There's was no need to polish the paint before applying the sealant. I took a few pictures of the end results. Take a look!
Attached Thumbnails Cheap Sealant / Professional Results / Pics-sealant-1.jpg   Cheap Sealant / Professional Results / Pics-sealant-2.jpg   Cheap Sealant / Professional Results / Pics-sealant-3.jpg  
Old 03-25-15, 02:21 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Default More Pictures

More pictures below:
Attached Thumbnails Cheap Sealant / Professional Results / Pics-sealant-4.jpg   Cheap Sealant / Professional Results / Pics-sealant-5.jpg   Cheap Sealant / Professional Results / Pics-sealant-6.jpg   Cheap Sealant / Professional Results / Pics-sealant-7.jpg  
Old 03-25-15, 02:22 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Griot's has some solid items. It's a pretty well known product.
Old 03-25-15, 02:25 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Default More pictures

More pictures below:
Attached Thumbnails Cheap Sealant / Professional Results / Pics-sealant-8.jpg   Cheap Sealant / Professional Results / Pics-sealant-9.jpg   Cheap Sealant / Professional Results / Pics-sealant-10.jpg  
Old 03-25-15, 02:28 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Default More pictures below

More pictures below: Last shot is my favorite
Attached Thumbnails Cheap Sealant / Professional Results / Pics-sealant-11.jpg   Cheap Sealant / Professional Results / Pics-sealant-12.jpg   Cheap Sealant / Professional Results / Pics-sealant-13.jpg  
Old 03-25-15, 02:29 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by drbazing
Griot's has some solid items. It's a pretty well known product.
Agree. That' what my father said. It was my 1st time trying them! Pretty solid stuff
Old 03-25-15, 05:33 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by lexi90
Agree. That' what my father said. It was my 1st time trying them! Pretty solid stuff
It's similar to Zaino All-in-One. Cleaner plus sealant. If you top it off with something like Opti-Seal, it will last longer
Old 03-25-15, 05:40 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EZZ
It's similar to Zaino All-in-One. Cleaner plus sealant. If you top it off with something like Opti-Seal, it will last longer
I guess I will next time This was my 1st try. Can't wait for Spring/Summer!
Old 03-25-15, 09:17 PM
CobraGSF
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

holy moly lexi. that thing looks gorgeous! going to do my spring detail soon. any reccomendations to get rid of swirls? My handwash place has left me with swirls galore =/. This is why we need to wash our cars ourselves but the winter had other ideas lol. I have Mothers Pure Polsh and Im planning on using that. I just don't want to blow through my clear coat so I want to use something not too abrasive. lll probably do a full paintcorrection when I do optigloss or cquartz. so any recommendation to get me by for now would be appreciated. you seem to be a freak about keeping a clean car like I am hah!
Old 03-26-15, 02:28 AM
Avet
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn I love nebula gray color.....look how shiny is it
I'm sure for my black satin nothing gonna help (my first and last black color car)
Old 03-26-15, 08:44 AM
Noeh
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Does it leave any white residue on plastic trims or rubber?
Old 03-26-15, 01:23 PM
rgonza1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Griot's Garage makes some pretty solid products. I will say their polish and sealant's about average. For my Lexus I use Menzerna's Power Lock Polymer sealant and top it off with 2 coats of Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax 845. This has got to be the most underrated liquid wax on the market and I've tried all the expensive stuff most recently Auto Finnese Desire carnauba wax.
Old 03-26-15, 04:04 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Very nice shine!
Old 03-26-15, 04:27 PM
wthrman2
Lead Lap

Received 3,544 Likes on 1,734 Posts

lexi90...that is an AMAZING wax job!! Do you do bikini lines? *lol*

In all seriousness, your IS looks stunning and I can't wait to pick up my 350 F sport AWD next week (or teh week after) and do my detailing job!
Old 03-26-15, 06:31 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by shivad87
holy moly lexi. that thing looks gorgeous! going to do my spring detail soon. any reccomendations to get rid of swirls? My handwash place has left me with swirls galore =/. This is why we need to wash our cars ourselves but the winter had other ideas lol. I have Mothers Pure Polsh and Im planning on using that. I just don't want to blow through my clear coat so I want to use something not too abrasive. lll probably do a full paintcorrection when I do optigloss or cquartz. so any recommendation to get me by for now would be appreciated. you seem to be a freak about keeping a clean car like I am hah!
Thanks! In my case, it did get rid of the swirls due to car washes. I would give it a try and then report back. I was impressed by the results!

Originally Posted by Avet
damn I love nebula gray color.....look how shiny is it
I'm sure for my black satin nothing gonna help (my first and last black color car)
Thanks! It does work on any color. You should try it on black! I'll try on my father's black Mustang and report back!

Originally Posted by Noeh
Does it leave any white residue on plastic trims or rubber?
Just a bit (wet-powder looking) on the plastic trim on the rear bumper, but I wiped it off with a microfiber towel and it came off completely!

Originally Posted by rgonza1
Griot's Garage makes some pretty solid products. I will say their polish and sealant's about average. For my Lexus I use Menzerna's Power Lock Polymer sealant and top it off with 2 coats of Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax 845. This has got to be the most underrated liquid wax on the market and I've tried all the expensive stuff most recently Auto Finnese Desire carnauba wax.
Yes, indeed. Was impressed by the quality of their product I always like to try new things!

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Very nice shine!
Thanks

Originally Posted by wthrman2
lexi90...that is an AMAZING wax job!! Do you do bikini lines? *lol*

In all seriousness, your IS looks stunning and I can't wait to pick up my 350 F sport AWD next week (or teh week after) and do my detailing job!
LoL. I can't wait for summer to do my girl's bikini lines Btw, congrats on your purchase! What color did you get??

Quick Reply: Cheap Sealant / Professional Results / Pics