Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Chemical guys All Purpose Cleaner Amazing Stuff

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-15, 10:14 PM
boostinsc
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Cool Chemical guys All Purpose Cleaner Amazing Stuff

How many people use this on their car before? I did a lot of driving lately and there was a lot of buildup accumulated over the winter so I chose to take care of that friday for an hour or so in the bitter cold I was detailing my engine bay I used CG Apc and it works wonders. I just sprayed a small amount under the hood and scrubbed it then dried it with a terry towel and blown out thoroughly with my leaf blower. I will have pics tomorrow but the difference is outstanding
Old 03-03-15, 04:51 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by boostinsc
How many people use this on their car before? I did a lot of driving lately and there was a lot of buildup accumulated over the winter so I chose to take care of that friday for an hour or so in the bitter cold I was detailing my engine bay I used CG Apc and it works wonders. I just sprayed a small amount under the hood and scrubbed it then dried it with a terry towel and blown out thoroughly with my leaf blower. I will have pics tomorrow but the difference is outstanding
A good all purpose cleaner and/or degreaser is a must have for efficient cleaning of engine bays and other areas that can see heavy, greasy buildup overtime. I have not used the Chemical Guys APC in particular, but I do use and recommend the Meguiar's D101 All Purpose Cleaner and Meguiar's D108 Super Degreaser.

The best part of all of these products is that they are extremely concentrated, so you can dilute them heavily with water. It is not recommended to use these products neat.

As for using it on paint... it should be fine diluted properly, however just know that an APC is likely to degrade or completely remove any wax or sealant that has been applied to the paint, so you will need to apply a new layer of protection after cleaning with APC.

-Zach
Old 03-04-15, 07:49 PM
boostinsc
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts