Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Detailer in training (not really)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-15, 09:30 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Detailer in training (not really)

Just got back from my trip to Arizona. Stayed minutes from the Super Bowl! Anyways, car was horrible with dead bug stains and dirt!

I'm glad I got my products just in time. I'm still using Mothers wash and wax but I will use optimum car wash in the future!

Really love the hydro2! Thanks Zach!

Bad pix but it was late. I always wash at night because it's the only time I have and it's good since I was applying Hydro2!

Before. Didn't use the opti clean except for a stain on the house carpet. Works pretty well for that!

Nice and clean!

Loving the optimum and carpro products!

Looks like I missed a spot!

Should've posted the bugged filled before!

Last edited by Jbreezie; 02-04-15 at 12:28 AM. Reason: More pix
Old 02-03-15, 10:37 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good work

Having tried so many car wash products, I would recommend Carpro Reset shampoo for the following reasons:
1. It is made to work best with carpro Hydro2/Reload sealant and any coating in mind.
2. It does not leave behind anything which hide the property of your last step product (Hydro2 in your case).
3. It cleans very, very well. It offers the best cleaning power among all the ones I have tried.
4. It rinse off easily.
Old 02-03-15, 03:05 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it next! Seems like you're more into Carpro, are you going to do Cquarts if Opticoat wears off?

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Good work

Having tried so many car wash products, I would recommend Carpro Reset shampoo for the following reasons:
1. It is made to work best with carpro Hydro2/Reload sealant and any coating in mind.
2. It does not leave behind anything which hide the property of your last step product (Hydro2 in your case).
3. It cleans very, very well. It offers the best cleaning power among all the ones I have tried.
4. It rinse off easily.
Old 02-03-15, 03:22 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

I used to be a Meguairs and Optimum fan and bought a lot of their products. After trying out many Carpro products recommended by Zach, I'm totally sold and become a Carpro fan now.

Yes, I'm going to try Cquartz soon. I hope they will have the Carpro Immortal non-scratch coating by then which I'm eagerly waiting for.
Old 02-03-15, 07:03 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

I used to be a Meguairs and Optimum fan and bought a lot of their products. After trying out many Carpro products recommended by Zach, I'm totally sold and become a Carpro fan now.

Yes, I'm going to try Cquartz soon. I hope they will have the Carpro Immortal non-scratch coating by then which I'm eagerly waiting for.Immortal- Self healing Clearcoat - YouTube
That stuff looks crazy! I wonder how much it's going to cost since Finest is around $750+,I'm guessing $2k?! It'll be like finest and Xpel together!
Old 02-03-15, 08:48 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Glock47
That stuff looks crazy! I wonder how much it's going to cost since Finest is around $750+,I'm guessing $2k?! It'll be like finest and Xpel together!
It will be very expensive... No doubt about that. Still very much in the product development stages. Not sure when it will be available.
Old 02-04-15, 12:06 AM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

A rep at carpro said it might be around $4k!!!! Bat mobile stuff!
Old 02-04-15, 09:36 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

I would do a wrap or custom paint with that price range lol. $4k is too much, I'm not paying for that.
Old 02-04-15, 09:53 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

I would do a wrap or custom paint with that price range lol. $4k is too much, I'm not paying for that.
Well, self healing clear coat that heals at room temp.... Much more beneficial than a wrap imo. A glossy wrap will get swirled and scratched and you can't polish it out well. Immortal will certainly have its place as the ultimate ease of maintenance product.
Old 02-04-15, 10:08 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Well, self healing clear coat that heals at room temp.... Much more beneficial than a wrap imo. A glossy wrap will get swirled and scratched and you can't polish it out well. Immortal will certainly have its place as the ultimate ease of maintenance product.
Yeah, in term of protection, of course coating will win. But with a wrap, I can do a complete color change on the whole car where I can pick any exotic color I want. Or add a bit more money over 4k to do a full quality paint color change, and then I top it off with regular coating myself and take care of the car the way I do and still come out with a shinny/glossy show car everyday

Nonetheless, I still think Immortal is very cool coating and possibly apply it to my future ISF or RCF (my next car upgrade).

Is Immortal permanent? How long will it last? Do we ever have to polish and reapply every 2 years like current coating? Please share additional info if you find out any. Thanks.

Last edited by FSportIS; 02-04-15 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-04-15, 11:36 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Yeah, in term of protection, of course coating will win. But with a wrap, I can do a complete color change on the whole car where I can pick any exotic color I want. Or add a bit more money over 4k to do a full quality paint color change, and then I top it off with regular coating myself and take care of the car the way I do and still come out with a shinny/glossy show car everyday Nonetheless, I still think Immortal is very cool coating and possibly apply it to my future ISF or RCF (my next car upgrade). Is Immortal permanent? How long will it last? Do we ever have to polish and reapply every 2 years like current coating? Please share additional info if you find out any. Thanks.
I'll share more info as it becomes available. CarPro isn't sharing too much info yet as they are still working on it.

It will last a very long time with no need for polishing (self healing).
Old 02-04-15, 07:38 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
I'll share more info as it becomes available. CarPro isn't sharing too much info yet as they are still working on it.

It will last a very long time with no need for polishing (self healing).
Nice! I'm sure it will be worth it on a RC-F or LFA!
Old 02-05-15, 09:06 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Glock47
A rep at carpro said it might be around $4k!!!! Bat mobile stuff!
Don't waste your money on a $4K clearcoat especially on a white IS. It won't add any real value back to your car. A black very expensive car is the only car I would see adding a special high priced clearcoat and I still would not spend anywhere near 4K on it, that pricing is ridiculous. Generally for a permanent chemical resistant 2K clear coat to bond properly it needs to be sprayed or applied over fresh paint so I don't know how permanent this new clearcoat would really be.
Old 02-05-15, 09:44 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

@UDel, it is not a regular clear coat. It is the self leveling non-scratch property that makes it so expensive. I believe Carpro is the first company ever to make this thing at the moment. I do agree with you that the price is ridiculously high.
Old 02-05-15, 10:04 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

@UDel, it is not a regular clear coat. It is the self leveling non-scratch property that makes it so expensive. I believe Carpro is the first company ever to make this thing at the moment. I do agree with you that the price is ridiculously high.
Given the amount of labor/prep work involved and the inherent high price of the product itself, the price will be justifiable for those who see value in this type of product.

Currently people are paying thousands to have an entire vehicle wrapped in Xpel Ultimate self healing clear film... This Immortal coating should provide many similar benefits to Xpel, however it will certainly not be for everyone.

Time will tell if this product is a winner or not. Way too early to speculate when there is very little info available.

-Zach

Quick Reply: Detailer in training (not really)