Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

How to dry car with Metro Blaster?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-14, 10:05 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
how cheaply did you find it ?
It isn't that cheap lol $30 bucks before shipping and tax. http://www.airwand.com/purchase.asp
Old 11-18-14, 02:56 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
It isn't that cheap lol $30 bucks before shipping and tax. http://www.airwand.com/purchase.asp

Looks like a few different options to choose from....
Old 11-24-14, 11:54 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Updates on Metro Blaster review:
Pro:

1. It works extremely easy and extremely fast to dry wheels and tires. BIG BIG thumb up!
2. It works extremely well in drying tight spots such as car handles, crevices etc .
3. It is quieter than most of other leaf blowers.
4. The product feels very sturdy and durable. It is well built machine and made in USA. It comes with 5 year warranty.

Neutral:
1. It takes about the same time to dry the entire car with a traditional drying towels.

Cons:
1. I have tried Metro Blaster with various different attachments and various different techniques on drying the well maintained Opticoated cars, same results: I still have to follow up on some sections with a drying towel and quick detailer to finish it up. If I don't do that, a tons of those very tiny water spots will appear.
2. It costs roughly $200 which is a lot more than any drying towels.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still PREFER the traditional way of BLOT DRYING (apply and lift with no drag nor rubbing against paint) than anything else.

The ideal world of drying should be a combination of the following:
1. Water sheeting the whole car.
2. Use Metro Blaster to dry all the tight areas and crevices such as door handles, trunk, fuel gas cap etc
3. Blot dry the entire car with drying towels or absorber. Quick detailer can be lightly sprayed on as a drying aid as well but optional.
4. Use Metro Blaster to dry the wheels and tires.
Old 11-24-14, 12:04 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Updates on Metro Blaster review:
Pro:

1. It works extremely easy and extremely fast to dry wheels and tires. BIG BIG thumb up!
2. It works extremely well in drying tight spots such as car handles, crevices etc .
3. It is quieter than most of other leaf blowers.
4. The product feels very sturdy and durable. It is well built machine and made in USA. It comes with 5 year warranty.

Neutral:
1. It takes about the same time to dry the entire car with a traditional drying towels.

Cons:
1. I have tried Metro Blaster with various different attachments and various different techniques on drying the well maintained Opticoated cars, same results: I still have to follow up on some sections with a drying towel and quick detailer to finish it up. If I don't do that, a tons of those very tiny water spots will appear.
2. It costs roughly $200 which is a lot more than any drying towels.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still PREFER the traditional way of BLOT DRYING (apply and lift with no drag nor rubbing against paint) than anything else.

2. Use Metro Blaster to dry all the tight areas and crevices such as door handles, trunk, fuel gas cap etc
3. Blot dry the entire car with drying towels or absorber. Quick detailer can be lightly sprayed on as a drying aid as well but optional.

For the record... you have the Metro Blaster, not the Metro Master Blaster... so there is a quicker, more powerful option at a steeper price.

The master blaster is twice as powerful with it's dual motor setup for a total of 8HP. The 8HP unit moves a tremendous amount of air and, in my own personal experience, does not require follow up with a drying towel. Using my 8HP unit with just 1 of the motors turned on makes it equivalent to the Metro Blaster, and I can definitely say it is no where near the same experience and certainly takes more time than with both motors running.

Also, referring to your "ideal" method of sheeting, then blowing out cracks and crevices, then blotting the panels... the Metro Blaster SideKick would be the best tool for this application. The SideKick is very small and still packs a punch that can out perform many full size leaf blowers. It is also priced right. This small unit is perfect for exactly what you described... blowing out the cracks & crevices along with the wheels while still drying the rest of the car using traditional drying towels.

Last edited by zmcgovern4; 11-24-14 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-24-14, 12:45 PM
User 41924
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

I just use my air compressor to do the same thing. You can reduce the output pressure, and use it on the interior, too. The volume of air isn't nearly as good with a compressor, but the high pressure seems more focused. It works pretty well, and I already had the compressor.

I tried my leaf blower once. It didn't work as well as my compressor, and I was worried that it would suck something up and shoot it at the car. Probably unrealistic, but it didn't seem to matter. I was still worried.
Old 11-24-14, 12:59 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
For the record... you have the Metro Blaster, NOT the Metro Master Blaster... correct?

These are 2 different products and should not be referred to as simply "the master blaster"... The true master blaster is twice as powerful with it's dual motor setup for a total of 8HP. The 8HP unit moves a tremendous amount of air and, in my own personal experience, does not require follow up with a drying towel. Using my 8HP unit with just 1 of the motors turned on makes it equivalent to the Metro Blaster, and I can definitely say it is no where near the same experience and certainly takes more time than with both motors running.

Also, referring to your "ideal" method of sheeting, then blowing out cracks and crevices, then blotting the panels... the Metro Blaster SideKick would be the best tool for this application. The SideKick is very small and still packs a punch that can out perform many full size leaf blowers. It is also priced right. This small unit is perfect for exactly what you described... blowing out the cracks & crevices along with the wheels while still drying the rest of the car using traditional drying towels.
That is right, Zach. I have always mentioned "Metro Blaster" (the 4 HP one) and NOT the Metro MASTER Blaster (the 8 HP one) so the review is for the Metro Blaster only. I should have got the Master one instead. With twice the amount of air flow, I think it will blast out all the tiny water too as you have done on your car.
Old 11-24-14, 01:51 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

That is right, Zach. I have always mentioned "Metro Blaster" (the 4 HP one) and NOT the Metro MASTER Blaster (the 8 HP one) so the review is for the Metro Blaster only. I should have got the Master one instead. With twice the amount of air flow, I think it will blast out all the tiny water too as you have done on your car.
Doh... I could've sworn I was reading "master" and not "metro"... guess my eye sight is failing me already haha I've revised my previous post to not sound like a complete jack ***
Old 11-24-14, 03:46 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

In what world are they rating the hp numbers.