Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.
Old 01-07-15, 04:26 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Cleaning and Detailing Guides
Print Wikipost

What products do you use to clean your car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-14, 12:06 PM
HiepNotik
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What products do you use to clean your car?

Just got my ultra white about 2 weeks now, and its due for a car wash, just wondering what cleaning product everyone uses here? inside and out?

What about interior? is there a brand I should stick with or a brand I should avoid?

I'm also thinking of purchasing a gas power washer too, or should I stick with garden hose sprayer?

Thanks!
Old 10-13-14, 01:01 PM
blacksun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats on the new ride!

Check this thread for interior care recommendations from a few other 4GS owers:
- https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-interior.html

Check this forums for general detailing recommendations:
- https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...detailing-122/
Old 10-13-14, 01:13 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by HiepNotik
Just got my ultra white about 2 weeks now, and its due for a car wash, just wondering what cleaning product everyone uses here? inside and out? What about interior? is there a brand I should stick with or a brand I should avoid? I'm also thinking of purchasing a gas power washer too, or should I stick with garden hose sprayer? Thanks!
Congrats! I have a gas power washer and it's a pain making sure you have gas and dealing with the noise. I'm thinking about spending ~$130 and getting an electric one. They're more than capable enough for car cleaning duties.
Old 10-13-14, 03:33 PM
HiepNotik
Rookie

Originally Posted by yardie876
Congrats! I have a gas power washer and it's a pain making sure you have gas and dealing with the noise. I'm thinking about spending ~$130 and getting an electric one. They're more than capable enough for car cleaning duties.
Good point. I currently have an old electronic one, and the main reason why I wanna switch to gas is because I hate the cord. It just gets in the way. Another reason is its old and leaking.
Old 10-13-14, 05:11 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Get the electric one, if anything gas powered pressure washers are too powerful for car washing.

But, if you wash your car regularly you don't need a pressure washer.
Old 10-13-14, 08:46 PM
jvinhj240
Rookie

I love using power wash on wheel, brake , fenders. I do apply IRON X , it does a good job removing most of brake dust out.
Old 10-14-14, 04:45 PM
HiepNotik
Rookie

What do you guys recommend for interior cleaning/conditioning? I really like the way the new car looks now, nothing is shiny and more matte finish. I'd like to keep it like that. I've heard a lot of great talks about 303 aerospace, and miguires quick interior detailer, as for leather I heard great things about Leather Master, but I'm confuse to which one to buy exactly? what are your thoughts on these products?

Thanks
Old 10-14-14, 05:02 PM
JellyBean
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

What do you guys recommend for interior cleaning/conditioning? I really like the way the new car looks now, nothing is shiny and more matte finish. I'd like to keep it like that. I've heard a lot of great talks about 303 aerospace, and miguires quick interior detailer, as for leather I heard great things about Leather Master, but I'm confuse to which one to buy exactly? what are your thoughts on these products?

Thanks
If you like your dashboard's matte finish then stay away from 303 and use mequiar's quick interior detailer ("QID"). 303 is a protectant with supposedly great protection but definitely leaves a sheen. QID is a cleaner that supposedly offers *some* protection (strictly hearsay), and leaves a nice scent but no palpable residue. I've used 303 protectant for over 10 years and I'm happy with it, even on the dashboard. I think QID is simply fragrant water with a little alcohol and serves no useful purpose. But that's just my opinion, though. The manufacturers don't tell us much so we're left to speculate.

Lastly, CL also has a rather civilized detailing section. Suggest you spend some time reviewing others' opinions there.

JB
Old 10-14-14, 05:36 PM
RLtoGS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've used these products for 10 years. The interior leather care products are outstanding.

www.zainostore.com/
Old 10-14-14, 07:46 PM
HiepNotik
Rookie

Thanks for all the replies, I've have been in the detailing section quite informative, that's where I also just found out Einszett Cockpit Premium, it's a cleaner that also conditions and leaves the matte finish.
Old 10-14-14, 08:12 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Very good product
Old 10-14-14, 08:15 PM
dougm213
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

For outside surfaces (glass, paint and bumpers) I use ZipWax to clean, nothing special but mild for the finish. GTechniq - Panel Wipe to clean residue (did NOT have to use Meguiers Clay Bar since car was newer.
C1 (1 Coat - Windows, Headlights, Grille, Plastics and Painted Surfaces).
EXOv2 (2 Coats - all surfaces except the front side windows (already has a Teflon treatments, creats static if applied)

C5 for the wheels. Not thrilled, probably will use C1 next time.

Tire Wet for Tires - Nothing special.

Inside - Lexol cleaner and conditioner for leather. Armour All Original for plastics. Windew for inside windows.

On the outside much of the dust and dirt washes off with rain. The water beads off very well. Been six months and finish is still glass smooth.
Old 10-14-14, 09:22 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,046 Likes on 661 Posts

What do u guys use to get rid of jeans stain on the seat? It wasn't showing on black seats but now I have cabernet and I'm seeing blue stains on the edges.

I've used Meguiars Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, it removed some but is there a better product out there?
Old 10-15-14, 12:01 AM
HiepNotik
Rookie

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
What do u guys use to get rid of jeans stain on the seat? It wasn't showing on black seats but now I have cabernet and I'm seeing blue stains on the edges.

I've used Meguiars Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, it removed some but is there a better product out there?
I've read that many people use leather masters dye transfer remover with great success.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007A2...&pi=SY200_QL40
Old 10-15-14, 06:09 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Just got my ultra white about 2 weeks now, and its due for a car wash, just wondering what cleaning product everyone uses here? inside and out?

What about interior? is there a brand I should stick with or a brand I should avoid?

I'm also thinking of purchasing a gas power washer too, or should I stick with garden hose sprayer?

Thanks!
Keep in mind that while the products you use are important, the process you use is even more important.

You should practice the 3 bucket wash method to help keep your vehicle looking it's best for longer periods of time.

If you want any specific product recommendations, just let me know... happy to help.

-Zach

Quick Reply: What products do you use to clean your car?