Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

New Crazy Car Soap from Japan

Old 09-10-14, 11:21 AM
RobrosCustoms
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Crazy Car Soap from Japan

One of the best soaps from Japan is the Mirror Finish Soap that is a car wash soap, polish and a wax. You get the best of all three all in one bottle. Today, we'll be demonstrating how to use this amazing soap.

Step One: Rinse down your car to loosen the dirt and dust off of your car.

Step Two: Get your bottle of Mirror Finish Soap and take a photo of the cool bottle of soap to post on Instagram and tag @jdmchemicals.

Step Three : There are two ways to do this part, you can either apply the soap directly to the sponge or you can pour it in a bucket. We like to apply the soap directly to the sponge to get the maximum effect.

Step Four : Apply water to the sponge to get the soap to lather up in the sponge.

Step Five : Apply the sponge to your vehicle in a circular motion, doing it in a circular motion will apply the polishing effect to the car.

Add more water or soap when needed. Two rounds with the soap should be able to do the whole car.

Step Six: Rinse down the car.

If you see this left over residue on your car that means you are using the soap correctly. This leftover residue is a wax, so when you are drying down your car, you are actually applying a wax too.

Step Seven : Dry down the car with a microfiber towel.

Step Eight: Bask in pride that you just washed, polished and waxed your car in the same time it would take to do a simple car wash.

You can purchase this soap here..

Remember to use CLUBLEXUS for 20% off your purchase!

http://www.jdmchemicals.com/body-car...-edidtion.html
Old 09-10-14, 11:41 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

interesting stuff. looks like it works well
Old 09-10-14, 11:47 AM
monkey92
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

interesting concept, but it looks like this method would induce swirls into the paint. can this soap be used like a conventional car soap in a two bucket method? would that affect the wax if mixed its a bucket before use?
Old 09-10-14, 11:53 AM
RobrosCustoms
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
interesting stuff. looks like it works well
Thank you, it is really a fantastic product.

Originally Posted by monkey92
interesting concept, but it looks like this method would induce swirls into the paint. can this soap be used like a conventional car soap in a two bucket method? would that affect the wax if mixed its a bucket before use?
Yes, you can use it the bucket method way too but to get the maximum effect of the polish the direct application to sponge would be best. Check out this informational video that shows the effect of the soap! Sorry that it's in Japanese but it has English subtitles!
Old 09-10-14, 12:46 PM
monkey92
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

pretty informative video, thanks for sharing.
Old 09-10-14, 06:07 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

I imagine a product like this contains plenty of fillers that are used to hide defects similar to a glaze?

When most professionals describe the 'polishing process' we are referring to the use of a product which contains micro abrasives that are used in combination with a machine (or sometimes by hand) and polishing pad to remove a fine layer of paint in order to level the surface, thus eliminating defects such as swirls and scratches (not hiding them) as shown in the 50/50 shot below.... there is no way a product like this could produce these types of correction results, therefore it is best to acknowledge that the term "polish" is loosely defined with certain types of products like this.

EDIT: just watched the video in which it specifically states it fills in defects and does not remove them... as I expected. Buyer beware... the results that this product creates are temporary at best as the defects still remain and will reappear once the product wears away. This is a typical trick used by dealership detailers and body shops to make vehicles look fantastic at first, but they will look awful again after several washes. Do it right and correct the paint properly... Just my $.02 on the matter.

Last edited by zmcgovern4; 09-10-14 at 06:12 PM.
Old 09-10-14, 06:41 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Zach, I would use this stuff all day if I was unfortunate enough to have a jet black car as a daily. I would rather burn the car down than spend endless (and pointless) hours polishing paint that gets scratched ans swirled just by looking at it.
Old 09-10-14, 07:19 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Just wash it every 2 weeks or so. Lol that way its always clean plus, washing a car doesnt take that long
Old 09-10-14, 07:25 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Zach, I would use this stuff all day if I was unfortunate enough to have a jet black car as a daily. I would rather burn the car down than spend endless (and pointless) hours polishing paint that gets scratched ans swirled just by looking at it.
Paint coatings and forced air drying make jet black much more manageable
Old 09-11-14, 10:01 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by monkey92
can i get an AMEN!!!!! plus there may be a few of us who no longer use soaps and QDs containing wax and polish. i personally would walk right past it in the store, after reading what it contains. the sponge method does not sound like a good idea at all. but TJM...

Last edited by sydtoosic; 09-11-14 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-12-14, 12:00 PM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sponge looks like it will do way more harm than good.

Zach has the perfect picture of what I imagine will leave your paint looking after a wash with those wash tools
Old 09-12-14, 04:27 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the product is high quality car soup with filler effect that temporarily hide the swirl marks. However, the guy who show the washing method can do some damaging to the car paint.

I'm no expert detailer but washing a car with that sponge and in a circular motion. Not to mention he did not even use the 2 water bucket system. This will likely creates more swirl marks for your car than eliminating it.

My suggestion is this: Have a professional apply a coating to your car such as Opticoat and then use this high quality car soup product on a weekly/biweekly basis with a 2 bucket water system. Then you will rarely have a swirl mark. Both my car (12 IS250, 06 IS350) have little to no swirl mark in so many years and they look BETTER than new after every wash.
Old 09-15-14, 01:14 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

not to mention the COSTCO MF towel he's using with the tag still on it... would like to put that car under some lights...
Old 09-15-14, 03:18 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by FSportIS
I think the product is high quality car soup with filler effect that temporarily hide the swirl marks. However, the guy who show the washing method can do some damaging to the car paint.

I'm no expert detailer but washing a car with that sponge and in a circular motion. Not to mention he did not even use the 2 water bucket system. This will likely creates more swirl marks for your car than eliminating it.

My suggestion is this: Have a professional apply a coating to your car such as Opticoat and then use this high quality car soup product on a weekly/biweekly basis with a 2 bucket water system. Then you will rarely have a swirl mark. Both my car (12 IS250, 06 IS350) have little to no swirl mark in so many years and they look BETTER than new after every wash.
Using a product like this on top of a coating would mask most of the properties of the coating... not recommended
Old 09-17-14, 11:40 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Using a product like this on top of a coating would mask most of the properties of the coating... not recommended
Correct me if I'm wrong. I thought we can have one "strong" protection such as Opticoat and top it off with some "temporary" protection such as wax/sealant or even quick detailer would be double protection. I know the paint on my car is so slick that nothing really can stick to it with this double protection. I thought you do this on your car too in one of your posts?? Am i missing something, Zack?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Crazy Car Soap from Japan