Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Ultrasonic Blue ISF detail questions

Old 10-14-14, 05:35 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by swoo350
I was thinking of either putting a sealant or wax on for now. Which route would you suggest?

Sealant = longer lasting protection vs. Wax? Would applying a sealant be the same method as polish but obviously with a different kind of pad?

I searched around and possible options: Blackfire Wet Diamond, Menzerna Powerlock?
Simply use a Blue Fine Finishing Pad on a lower speed (3-4) with no pressure and just spread the product out onto the entire vehicle.

Then wipe away. Easy as can be... repeat 2-3 times per year
Old 10-15-14, 02:33 PM
swoo350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Simply use a Blue Fine Finishing Pad on a lower speed (3-4) with no pressure and just spread the product out onto the entire vehicle.

Then wipe away. Easy as can be... repeat 2-3 times per year
I can use one pad for the whole car? No need to clean the pad on the fly or anything?
Old 10-15-14, 06:00 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

I can use one pad for the whole car? No need to clean the pad on the fly or anything?
Correct. One pad for the entire car. Will take you maybe 10 minutes to speed it over the whole car. Remember, you're not removing defects, so you don't need to make multiple passes over small areas, you're simply spreading a think layer of protection out... So it is very quick and easy!! You only need to start with a few drops of product, then add more as you notice it is not spreading anymore. After several panels the pad may be loaded up enough with sealant to do a few packed before adding anymore product.
Old 10-16-14, 12:28 PM
swoo350
Rookie

Correct. One pad for the entire car. Will take you maybe 10 minutes to speed it over the whole car. Remember, you're not removing defects, so you don't need to make multiple passes over small areas, you're simply spreading a think layer of protection out... So it is very quick and easy!! You only need to start with a few drops of product, then add more as you notice it is not spreading anymore. After several panels the pad may be loaded up enough with sealant to do a few packed before adding anymore product.
Perfect thanks for your help again. I don't have any sealant at the moment, only the P21s Wax. I may just apply the wax this time around since winter is coming and I am storing the car away. I will definitely invest in a sealant next summer though. Obviously I just did some paint correction and if I can maintain the car and keep it swirl free, all I should need to do is wash off my LSP (in this case the P21s wax) with CG wash n gloss and then apply the sealant+wax over?
Old 10-16-14, 01:11 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Perfect thanks for your help again. I don't have any sealant at the moment, only the P21s Wax. I may just apply the wax this time around since winter is coming and I am storing the car away. I will definitely invest in a sealant next summer though. Obviously I just did some paint correction and if I can maintain the car and keep it swirl free, all I should need to do is wash off my LSP (in this case the P21s wax) with CG wash n gloss and then apply the sealant+wax over?
You got it

Assuming no decontamination (claying) is needed... Just wash, dry, add protection
Old 10-16-14, 10:32 PM
swoo350
Rookie

You got it

Assuming no decontamination (claying) is needed... Just wash, dry, add protection
sweet thanks dude. I gotta get some pics of the car in the sunlight.. I'm pretty much just waiting to wash my car and throw on a coat of wax but the weather has been ****ty here so the F is just sitting in the garage waiting.
Old 05-27-16, 03:34 PM
swoo350
Rookie

Hey zmcgovern4, its been awhile since my last detail. I was involved in a fender bender and I forgot to tell the body shop not to wash my car.. I've got some swirls again on my car but it was definitely not as bad as before. What would you recommend for a 'maintenance polish' to get rid of these swirls? I'll try and get some pics later. Would I be able to get away with the current products that I have (SF4500, FG400) I feel like I wouldn't need to 2 stage these swirls (hoping I don't cause it takes a long time lol)