Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Car Detailing Products Dilution Ratios Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-14, 07:08 AM
mcolommena
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Car Detailing Products Dilution Ratios Questions

Hi all! I am getting back into detailing my own cars. Have not done so for 10 years now and the game has changed quite a bit since.

I have a 2013 4G GS 350 F SPORT Obsidian Black. The car has been coated with Ceramic Pro Light.

I plan on using the washes with a Gilmour Foammaster Cleaning Gun

I have bought the following Car Washes and Quick Detailes but need help on dilution ratios.

Car Wash Soap
CarPro Reset
Adam's Car Wash Shampoo

Quick Detailers:
Mostly to be used when drying the car (I have read special consideration must be taken for black cars when considering dilution ratios for these)
Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer (32oz concetrated)
Car Pro Reload

The wheels have been coated with Ceramic Pro 9H. Can I still use Sonax Wheel Cleaner Full Effect on them? Should I dilute it before applying to the wheels? If so, at what ratio?
Any suggestions on dilution ratios and application techniques will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by mcolommena; 06-20-14 at 08:23 AM.
Old 06-20-14, 10:22 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

CarPro Reset: approximately 1-1.5oz of shampoo for 3-4 gallons of water
Adam's Car Wash: Have not used

Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer Concentrate: Dilute 3 parts water : 1 part product
CarPro Reload: DO NOT DILUTE - this is a true spray sealant. This product will provide months of great protection and hydrophobic properties. It is much more than a "quick detailer" which is why it is much more expensive. You can certainly use it as a QD spray though. Note: It only takes a very little bit of product per panel. I spray/mist per door size panel, and 2-3 sprays per hood size panel. Any more may lead to streaking.

Hope that helps

-Zach
Old 06-20-14, 10:40 AM
mcolommena
Driver

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
CarPro Reset: approximately 1-1.5oz of shampoo for 3-4 gallons of water Adam's Car Wash: Have not used Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer Concentrate: Dilute 3 parts water : 1 part product CarPro Reload: DO NOT DILUTE - this is a true spray sealant. This product will provide months of great protection and hydrophobic properties. It is much more than a "quick detailer" which is why it is much more expensive. You can certainly use it as a QD spray though. Note: It only takes a very little bit of product per panel. I spray/mist per door size panel, and 2-3 sprays per hood size panel. Any more may lead to streaking. Hope that helps -Zach
thank you sir for your help. As usual very knowledgeable and willing to share. On the car pro reset. What would be the dilution ration for the foam gun? I assume the ratios you stated were for the 5 gallon bucket.

Also any comments on using reload on top of the ceramic coating?
Old 06-20-14, 10:52 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

It is very hard to measure dilution ratios in the foam gun... I simply add a few ounces of any soap to my foam gun when I am using it.

I highly recommend Reload on top of a Ceramic Coating... I use it frequently on mine (every couple of months). It takes no more than 10 minutes to apply to the entire vehicle, and adds even more protection to the already fantastic protection provided by the coating. Since Reload is a silica based product, it does well on top of other silica coatings (and even opti-coat)... it adds incredible slickness as well. If you can't tell... I love the stuff

You can find more information on my recommended coating maintenance in this article: Maintaining Your Paint Coating
Old 06-21-14, 12:21 PM
mcolommena
Driver

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
It is very hard to measure dilution ratios in the foam gun... I simply add a few ounces of any soap to my foam gun when I am using it.

I highly recommend Reload on top of a Ceramic Coating... I use it frequently on mine (every couple of months). It takes no more than 10 minutes to apply to the entire vehicle, and adds even more protection to the already fantastic protection provided by the coating. Since Reload is a silica based product, it does well on top of other silica coatings (and even opti-coat)... it adds incredible slickness as well. If you can't tell... I love the stuff

You can find more information on my recommended coating maintenance in this article: Maintaining Your Paint Coating
Again... Thanks! That is a great write up! I am going to give a shot today.