Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Cleaning Interior Dash?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-14, 06:07 PM
FinaLpeace
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning Interior Dash?

Hi everyone, what can I use to clean the dash and door panels and most importantly the navigation screen? I just want to simply wipe off the dust and some touch up. The dealer that helped me clean it did a terrible job and left some streak on the dash and navigation screen. I have a 2014 IS350. I heard 303 aerospace is good for dash and door panels, invisible glass aerosols for interior windows, but what works on the navigation screen? Do I use microfiber towel for everything?
Old 06-02-14, 05:57 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

In the future, please use the search function.... there are TONS of existing threads related to cleaning interior panels.

303 Aerospace - Great for light cleaning and UV protection on vinyl, plastic (and leather if you choose). This product leaves a slightly glossy finish, but is not greasy.

Einszett Cockpit Premium - another great option for light interior cleaning and UV protection on vinyl, plastic, etc. This product leaves a nice, matte finish that makes it look like new without a "dressed" look if that is what you prefer.

Invisible Glass - Great glass cleaner. I would recommend some glass cleaning towels as well.

For cleaning the navigation screen, I typically recommend something like Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer with a premium, plush microfiber towel.

Hope that helps.

-Zach
Old 07-14-14, 11:47 AM
Mors
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does 303 aerospace actually clean too or is it just a protectanta? I bought it from detailedimage and the instructions say to use it on clean surfaces. What should I use to clean the current smudges before I put the protectant on?
Old 07-15-14, 05:11 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

One of the nicest product I've found for this is Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer. It has no odor and leaves no gloss to cause glare on the dash. It is also safe for cleaning LCD screens and instrument clusters. It does leave behind UV protection as well.
Old 07-15-14, 06:27 AM
Mors
Pole Position

Thanks - will go buy that today. My interior isn't dirty as I just got the car a couple of weeks ago, but it definitely smudges easily on the doors, etc. Just looking for some quick cleaner and for something that will hopefully repel the smudges. I have 303 protectant, but obviously needed something to clean it.
Old 07-31-14, 11:31 AM
rustyd
Rookie

Damp Micro Fiber Towel will do some cleaning. Let dry, then apply your dressing.
Old 07-31-14, 01:20 PM
NikonGuy
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

CarPro PERL is another alternative
Old 08-16-14, 09:09 PM
Pkp1903
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO there are 2 reasons to use a dash cleaner; cleaning the dirt off and UV protection. Most interior dash cleaners claim to be UV resistant products, but I have yet to see a scientific study on the best product. The biggest problem with interior dash cleaning is everyone liking the high gloss products. The high gloss products contain some form of petroleum that only attracts more dirt. So while you may have a clean and shiny dash for a few days, the high gloss leaves you right back at square one. I have yet to find a glossy dash cleaner that didn't attract dust and dirt. I have grown to like the OEM matte finish that many of the higher end cleaners leave. I only need to clean my dash once a month and it is rarely dirty.
Old 08-17-14, 05:37 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

When I simply want to remove dust from the dash and other interior areas, I use the Swiffer Dusters. They are feather light, soft and pick up the dust rather than move it around and grind it into the surfaces. They also slip easily into hard to reach places.
Old 09-03-14, 05:22 PM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

All I do is hit the interior dash, doors, and the rest of the plastic panels with Armoral wipes 1-2 times a year. It brings the finish back to a like new look. I maintain it when it gets dusty by wiping everything down with a damp microfiber towel. For a stubborn dirt spot ill hit it with megs interior detailer. This has been my method for past two cars ive owned so Id say 10 years. I know people hate on Armoral but what they say simply isnt true. Unless maybe they are using way to much of the product.