Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

CarPro HydrO2... buy it!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-15, 12:05 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
so when does the Hydro 2 lite become available?
No date at this point.
Old 04-01-15, 10:21 PM
jowsleyyy
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Super easy to use! Love the results also. Would recommend to anyone who wants to seal their car.
Old 04-15-15, 10:34 AM
swoo350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read through the whole thread and ordered a bottle of this, excited to use it!
Old 04-15-15, 02:46 PM
swoo350
Rookie

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
No date at this point.
Hey Zach,

I may have read this before but can't remember all the posts after these 11 pages... but if I have an existing wax on the car, would I need to strip that wax and then apply this sealant? I'd be using CG Citrus wash n gloss.
Old 04-15-15, 03:33 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by swoo350
Hey Zach,

I may have read this before but can't remember all the posts after these 11 pages... but if I have an existing wax on the car, would I need to strip that wax and then apply this sealant? I'd be using CG Citrus wash n gloss.
Not necessarily... HydrO2 can bond to pretty much anything. Durability will be at its best when it is applied to a bare surface.
Old 04-18-15, 03:18 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

H2L is now available....
Old 04-18-15, 03:24 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 05-11-15, 02:27 AM
qboy3388
Rookie

Default questions!

Thank you Zach for showing us such a cool product! I bought some with a friend after reading this post lol. I have a few questions.

I applied hydro2 on my car with 4:1 ratio(first time using hydro2 and I was afraid to see streaking and did this as someone suggested on another forum) and 3:1 on my wife's car. After the first car wash(turtle zip wax) on both cars, I noticed water barely beads on my car like there's no hydro2 on it at all but water still beads strong on my wife's car! I washed both cars with dawn(someone suggested this on another forum) before applying hydro2. My friend waxed his car before applying hydro2 and noticed water barely beads now after a few car washes. I guess I'll apply hydro2 again with 3:1 to see if it would work like it did on my wife's car. any suggestions?

one last question! I bought some meguiars ultimate wash and wax today and wondering if it's a good idea to wash my car with it? After some research, it seems like it does give cars a nice shine but beading ability isn't that great. Would it make my hydro2 a waste if I wash my car with soap that has wax? The wax would cover up my hydro2 and effect the beading ability right? Should I just buy some soap without wax then?

sorry for the long long paragraphs and questions. I'm totally new in detailing and still learning.
Old 05-11-15, 09:32 AM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

What's the consensus on using it on the windows? Is it like Rain-X where it wears off and is dangerous with light rain due to a hazing effect?

Last edited by NickTee; 05-11-15 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-11-15, 09:55 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by qboy3388
Thank you Zach for showing us such a cool product! I bought some with a friend after reading this post lol. I have a few questions.

I applied hydro2 on my car with 4:1 ratio(first time using hydro2 and I was afraid to see streaking and did this as someone suggested on another forum) and 3:1 on my wife's car. After the first car wash(turtle zip wax) on both cars, I noticed water barely beads on my car like there's no hydro2 on it at all but water still beads strong on my wife's car! I washed both cars with dawn(someone suggested this on another forum) before applying hydro2. My friend waxed his car before applying hydro2 and noticed water barely beads now after a few car washes. I guess I'll apply hydro2 again with 3:1 to see if it would work like it did on my wife's car. any suggestions?

one last question! I bought some meguiars ultimate wash and wax today and wondering if it's a good idea to wash my car with it? After some research, it seems like it does give cars a nice shine but beading ability isn't that great. Would it make my hydro2 a waste if I wash my car with soap that has wax? The wax would cover up my hydro2 and effect the beading ability right? Should I just buy some soap without wax then?

sorry for the long long paragraphs and questions. I'm totally new in detailing and still learning.
^Will respond in depth when I get a bit more time.....

Originally Posted by NickTee
What's the consensus on using it on using it on the windows? Is it like Rain-X where it wears off and is dangerous with light rain due to a hazing effect?
When used properly, HydrO2 will be perfectly clear. It can be used on glass, but with the use of wipers, it will not last as long as it does on paint. A more durable option would be CarPro Reload on the windows, or even a coating that is meant to protect your glass like 22ple VG1.

I have used RainX previously for many years, and never experienced any hazing issue? Care to elaborate on what you mean. When Rain X is applied, it should be wiped away so there is no visible residue on the glass.
Old 05-11-15, 10:43 AM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
^Will respond in depth when I get a bit more time.....

When used properly, HydrO2 will be perfectly clear. It can be used on glass, but with the use of wipers, it will not last as long as it does on paint. A more durable option would be CarPro Reload on the windows, or even a coating that is meant to protect your glass like 22ple VG1.

I have used RainX previously for many years, and never experienced any hazing issue? Care to elaborate on what you mean. When Rain X is applied, it should be wiped away so there is no visible residue on the glass.
Rain-x does a great job when it is freshly applied at allowing the water to bead on the surface. However, as time passes, the UV rays and wiping wears down the coating. Not only does it wear, but it wears unevenly and it gets point where it causes a hazing effect(due to the uneven wear) that makes it dangerous in light rain and with mist. This requires either a complete removal or a reapplication of Rain-X to fill in those gaps and to get the smooth coat.
I too have been using it for years, but I am becoming less and less of a fan of it.
Old 05-11-15, 11:39 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by qboy3388

First... you should've diluted as the directions state. The chemicals which state proper dilution ratios are not just a suggestion, they are a requirement.

Water beading is caused by high surface tension. Protection products vary in the level of surface tension, and therefore the characteristics of the beading you see after applying a particular product. If, for instance, you use a very hydrophobic property, and then cover it with a product that doesn't display the same type of beading, you may assume the first product simply doesn't bead well or is worn away (which you had mentioned).

In your case, I would imagine the shampoo that you used was your issue, or perhaps the weak dilution of HydrO2 concentrate. For future maintenance, I would recommend a traditional shampoo without any waxes in it (and read the directions for proper dilution of the shampoo! A heavily mixed shampoo can and will strip waxes and sealants from the paint, so that may have also been an issue).

Originally Posted by NickTee
Rain-x does a great job when it is freshly applied at allowing the water to bead on the surface. However, as time passes, the UV rays and wiping wears down the coating. Not only does it wear, but it wears unevenly and it gets point where it causes a hazing effect(due to the uneven wear) that makes it dangerous in light rain and with mist. This requires either a complete removal or a reapplication of Rain-X to fill in those gaps and to get the smooth coat.
I too have been using it for years, but I am becoming less and less of a fan of it.
I see... haven't ever experienced that. I never considered Rain X to be a durable product and would reapply it at least every other month when I used it to maintain hydrophobic properties. Since then, I have found products that I prefer greatly due to either ease of use, durability, or both.
Old 05-12-15, 06:23 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
H2L is now available....
Where can I grab some, what is the difference between the old and new product.
Old 05-12-15, 09:00 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Where can I grab some, what is the difference between the old and new product.
I am still looking myself. Have you tried the car pro site? Car pro said it was available for purchase. They are the same, but with H2L you can apply it to a dry car and wipe with a MF towel... As you would a QD. I ran out and need more myself... I have so much crap on my car that it will probably take days to strip it off... At least I know my paint is well protected
Old 05-12-15, 09:16 AM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
I am still looking myself. Have you tried the car pro site? Car pro said it was available for purchase. They are the same, but with H2L you can apply it to a dry car and wipe with a MF towel... As you would a QD. I ran out and need more myself... I have so much crap on my car that it will probably take days to strip it off... At least I know my paint is well protected
Lye with some water will take all of that right off.

Quick Reply: CarPro HydrO2... buy it!