Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

CarPro HydrO2... buy it!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-15, 07:16 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Since some people had expressed issues with the application of HydrO2, I have written a brief article explaining some common mistakes so you can be sure to avoid them during your application.

CarPro HydrO2 Application Tips - Zach McGovern

-Zach
Old 01-22-15, 09:51 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I find Carpro Reload having very similar properties. In addition, in my honest opinion, Reload is slicker for longer, a bit glossier, and bead/sheet water a bit better than Hydro2. Both repels dust very well so the car is clean. Not sure about durability yet. Another advantage of Reload is bang for the buck. One 500ml of Reload can do multiple cars many times so you save more money per application. However, Hydro2 is so damn easy to apply and Reload can be tricky to apply.

Overall, I'm totally impressed with Carpro sealant and various Carpro products.

You want your car to shine, Carpro will get it right!
Sound like marketing but this is from me

Disclaimer: I'm a consumer and car enthusiast and have no affiliation with Carpro.
Old 01-22-15, 02:09 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

The biggest selling point of hydro2 is the time savings. There is no other way to provide months of protection to your car in less than 5 minutes... At least not that I know of.

I also love Reload... Very slick which is my favorite part.

Thanks for your input, Kevin

-Zach
Old 01-27-15, 07:48 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I bought it because of this post! Thanks Zach! It's also on sale at Detail Image!!! Can't wait to try it!
Old 01-30-15, 07:30 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 582 Likes on 401 Posts

missed some of the overspray and now I have some spotting on my wife's car. Any tips on getting it off or should I just ride it out? It's not too noticeable, but I know where to look and it bothers me
Old 01-30-15, 07:37 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by Allen K
missed some of the overspray and now I have some spotting on my wife's car. Any tips on getting it off or should I just ride it out? It's not too noticeable, but I know where to look and it bothers me
My advice is ride it out not worth the time and effort to try to remove if it isn't that noticeable.
Old 01-30-15, 09:34 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 582 Likes on 401 Posts

Works for me It helps that the car is going to covered in road gunk and salt until I can wash it again. Larger patches to keep my eyes off the spots
Old 01-30-15, 10:55 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

The streak or spots or whatever will disappear in few weeks. I had some streak in using Reload on my dark blue car few weeks ago and now they all look fine. Hydro2/Reload really bead/sheet like glass does. It has been raining lately in CA and it is so good to see the beads.
Old 02-02-15, 10:32 AM
itsjdmyo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just bought a 100ml bottle. Will give this a shot once it stops raining. From all the reading, this product looks very promising
Old 02-02-15, 10:40 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by itsjdmyo
just bought a 100ml bottle. Will give this a shot once it stops raining. From all the reading, this product looks very promising
Yeah, give it a try! It is the EASIEST and FASTEST sealant to apply lol. Applying to the wheels is so damn fast--spray and rinse and it will seal all the complex surface of the wheels automatically. Doing this with other sealant takes forever!!!!

When you use it the first time, make sure you:
1. Spray EVENLY one section at a time.
2. After you spray, you should rinse IMMEDIATELY. Do not let it sit there more than 1 minute or you will have streak.
3. Dilute the product based on the instruction. You can dilute it more but then you will have less durability.
Old 02-02-15, 09:16 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just tested hydro2, this stuff works wonders! I was really skeptical but I saw my wheels beeding water! I used the Entire 100ml bottle diluted on my 3is, maybe a little left. I hope this stuff lasts 3months+!
Old 02-03-15, 06:13 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by Glock47
Just tested hydro2, this stuff works wonders! I was really skeptical but I saw my wheels beeding water! I used the Entire 100ml bottle diluted on my 3is, maybe a little left. I hope this stuff lasts 3months+!
Glad you're enjoying the product.

Sounds like you WAY over applied. A 100mL bottle will do 3-4 cars easily for me.

-Zach
Old 02-03-15, 06:24 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Jeebus, 100ml for the entire car?

I reapplied hydro2 the other day. Doesn't last as long as Reload, but the convenience is all worth it. Plus it makes a cool show for the unexpected.
Old 02-03-15, 09:54 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Glock47, did you dilute the Hydro2 lol?? If so, what dilution ratio? It sounds like you forgot to dilute it or over-use the product by spraying way more than necessary.

In my case, I dilute 50 ml Hydro2 with 150 ml water so I get 200 ml total. I do 2 cars including all wheels and still have some left over lol.
Old 02-03-15, 09:56 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSteg
Jeebus, 100ml for the entire car?

I reapplied hydro2 the other day. Doesn't last as long as Reload, but the convenience is all worth it. Plus it makes a cool show for the unexpected.
Do you have coating? How long does Hydro2 and Reload last for you? Do you also find Reload being a bit slicker and glossier?

Quick Reply: CarPro HydrO2... buy it!