Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

CarPro HydrO2... buy it!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-14, 10:07 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Glad to hear!

I have an article pending for Hydro2 application tips that will surely be useful for many who have seen issues.

As you mentioned... A super fine mist is all that is needed, and rinsing very well is critical! Once you get it down, it is a breeze.
Old 10-02-14, 11:00 AM
PondScum
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish I discovered this product before I spent $40 on a bottle of CarPro DLUX. The Hydro2 is so easy to apply that I'm going to have to force myself to use the DLUX.
Old 10-02-14, 11:12 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by PondScum
Wish I discovered this product before I spent $40 on a bottle of CarPro DLUX. The Hydro2 is so easy to apply that I'm going to have to force myself to use the DLUX.
DLUX is not meant to be used on paint anyway... It is a trim/wheel coating and is certainly superior to hydro2 in terms of protection and durability. I love DLUX.
Old 10-02-14, 11:57 AM
PondScum
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
DLUX is not meant to be used on paint anyway... It is a trim/wheel coating and is certainly superior to hydro2 in terms of protection and durability. I love DLUX.
I bought the DLUX for wheels, then I saw the video you made on Detailed Image and thought, "Oh man, why would I ever want to touch my wheels again!". I know what you're saying though; I'll apply the DLUX at some point and refresh it with the Hydro2 occasionally.
Old 10-02-14, 12:50 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by PondScum
I bought the DLUX for wheels, then I saw the video you made on Detailed Image and thought, "Oh man, why would I ever want to touch my wheels again!". I know what you're saying though; I'll apply the DLUX at some point and refresh it with the Hydro2 occasionally.
Good call

Fwiw, DLUX is also very easy to use. Just not nearly as quick as hydro2.
Old 10-02-14, 09:58 PM
12lexusisf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have some of this, just need to find some time to put it on. Great product!
Old 10-15-14, 05:53 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

CarPro HydrO2 doing it's thing on these BMW M wheels.
Old 12-25-14, 04:37 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 576 Likes on 396 Posts

Bumping this thread up Zach, I know the coating lasts 2-3 months, but would using it every other wash be overkill? My original plan was to use Hydro2 biweekly, Iron X quarterly, and Reload when I used Iron X
Old 12-25-14, 07:23 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by Allen K
Bumping this thread up Zach, I know the coating lasts 2-3 months, but would using it every other wash be overkill? My original plan was to use Hydro2 biweekly, Iron X quarterly, and Reload when I used Iron X
You can't use hydro2 too much... But it is simply a waste of product to use it that often. If say once a month is the most often I would use it, but again, it is completely up ton you.

There isn't much of a reason to use both HydrO2 and Reload in the manner hat you described. I'd just continue to use HydrO2 after IronX treatments.
Old 12-25-14, 08:07 AM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm going about 1.5 months strong with the application on my Tacoma. Its sits outside 24x7 and water beads up just as well as when I first applied it. Like Zach stated, your biweekly regimen is a waste of product.
Old 12-25-14, 05:06 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 576 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
You can't use hydro2 too much... But it is simply a waste of product to use it that often. If say once a month is the most often I would use it, but again, it is completely up ton you.

There isn't much of a reason to use both HydrO2 and Reload in the manner hat you described. I'd just continue to use HydrO2 after IronX treatments.
Originally Posted by VTsuckah
I'm going about 1.5 months strong with the application on my Tacoma. Its sits outside 24x7 and water beads up just as well as when I first applied it. Like Zach stated, your biweekly regimen is a waste of product.
Appreciate the insights guys I think I'll do a year with monthly hydro2 and then a year with quarterly reload just to see which one I like better.
Old 12-25-14, 07:33 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

I've never seen any pictures taken of the streaking that some people get when they wait too long to spray it off with a strong blast of water, or use too strong of a ratio...or both. I'd kind of like to see what the streaks look like.

And, can anyone explain what the streaking (which is said to be difficult to remove) is made-up of. Is it like hardened or fused silica?
Old 12-25-14, 09:01 PM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
I've never seen any pictures taken of the streaking that some people get when they wait too long to spray it off with a strong blast of water, or use too strong of a ratio...or both. I'd kind of like to see what the streaks look like.

And, can anyone explain what the streaking (which is said to be difficult to remove) is made-up of. Is it like hardened or fused silica?
I had some pretty bad streaking on my mr2, but I chalked it up to applying product on too much area at once so it had time to sit on the paint prior to hosing off. Quick detailer and a plush microfiber towel took most of it off. The rest I took off will poor boys natty paste. Nothing too drastic. Sorry, no pictures.
Old 12-25-14, 09:24 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by bclexus

It just looks like a darker streak of product... like if you were to spray a quick detailer on your car and not wipe it off. You cannot feel it or anything... it isn't "a hardened layer" or anything like that.

As mentioned, it is usually caused by applying to too much of an area at once, and not being aware of where you need to be rinsing. I've never had issues, but I only apply to one small panel at a time and rinse very very well (including panels adjacent to the ones I just applied hydrO2 to due to the chance of overspray).

-Zach
Old 12-26-14, 08:05 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,991 Likes on 1,415 Posts

How important is the water pressure used to blast the product off the surface? And, is one particular type of water delivery used (e.g. fixed stream, rotary, spray, flow, etc.) best to shock/activate the product? Is the angle at which the water hits the surface important? Also, how does the surface (paint) temperature, the ambient (air) temperature, as well as the water (blast) temperature affect the application and final results?

Last edited by bclexus; 12-26-14 at 08:38 AM.

Quick Reply: CarPro HydrO2... buy it!