Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

CarPro HydrO2... buy it!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-16, 08:01 AM
Starfire15
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in New Jersey and the summers are hot and the winters are cold. Since this product can only be applied in the warm temperature what is your suggestion for keeping the paint protected all year round.
Say I do a coat of CarPro in May, July and then September (two months apart each). Then starting October through April of next year it is cold and CarPro cannot be applied.
Thanks!
Old 04-12-16, 08:36 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

HydrO2 can be applied in cooler temperatures, no problem.
Old 04-12-16, 08:42 AM
Starfire15
Driver School Candidate

Thank you! Will give it a try
Old 04-12-16, 11:16 PM
Deven
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgive me if I sound a little dense. I have been using Zaino for some time now, and what is usually recommended is to put multiple thin layers of Z2 (show car polish) with some Z6 (enhancer spray) in between. Takes hours (and my back starts hurting, lol).

After reading through this thread, would I be correct to assume that all I have to do is wash car then spray Hydro2 only once? Is that doing the same thing as my multiple layers of Zaino? If so wow, my back would forever be in your debt.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Deven; 04-15-16 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-13-16, 05:02 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Zaino is very "old school"... the products and technology have been around for a very long time. The brand tends to have some very loyal followers, but in general, there are MANY newer and easier products to use that will produce as good, if not better, results than the stuff that has been on the market for many, many years.

CarPro HydrO2 is a silica based sealant, and does not have any real benefit to layering. The typical train of thought with most hand applied waxes and sealants is that multiple layers will produce a deeper, richer gloss... the reality is that a perfectly polished surface will only slightly be enhanced by the protective layer you chose to apply (whether it is a wax, sealant, or nano coating), so the true secret to the ultimate gloss is a swirl free finish.

HydrO2 is an incredibly quick and easy way to protect your vehicle... you're correct, wash the car in the shade when all panels are completely cool to the touch, rinse the car, spray HydrO2 onto a wet surface and immediately rinsing, repeat until the entire car has been treated. Begin at the top of the car (roof) and then work your way to the horizontal panels (trunk and hood), then finally the vertical panels. Be aware of overspray, and always be sure to completely rinse any area the HydrO2 spray may have touched, including the runoff areas while rinsing... so if you are spraying HydrO2 onto the roof, you will probably want to rinse the entire vehicle after that panel as the chance of overspray drifting and hydro2 rinsing onto other panels is very high. The trick is that you absolutely cannot let any HydrO2 dry on the surface... if you can manage that, it is a breeze!

-Zach
Old 04-13-16, 01:00 PM
Deven
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the quick reply. Ordered a bottle and will try it out this weekend.

Last edited by Deven; 04-15-16 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-13-16, 01:03 PM
codraw
Driver

item arrived yesterday and just applied it this morning. diluted according to the new ratio 1:4, no streak. I was a bit concerned of applying it after reading streak issues people had here. it was sunny, cool around 8 C, the car was warm to the touch after the wash. I always do the wash on the drive way, shade is out of the question for me. the outcome was good, not overwhelmed, probably due to it's a new car (10 days old).

my question is, should I need to apply something like "Meguire's ultimate quik wax" after every wash? or just car wash shampoo like "meguiar's wash and wax" for weekly maintenance?
Old 04-14-16, 08:10 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by codraw
item arrived yesterday and just applied it this morning. diluted according to the new ratio 1:4, no streak. I was a bit concerned of applying it after reading streak issues people had here. it was sunny, cool around 8 C, the car was warm to the touch after the wash. I always do the wash on the drive way, shade is out of the question for me. the outcome was good, not overwhelmed, probably due to it's a new car (10 days old).
Looks like your vehicle is white, so streaking would be very difficult to see... but for everyone else, I want to again stress how important it is to NOT wash in the sunlight or when the vehicle is warm. Many people say they cannot find shade, but in reality you just need to wait for a different time of day. Wash very early in the morning when the sun is just coming up or later in the evening when the sun is going down, or even at night when it is dark out... there are plenty of ways to avoid washing in direct sunlight

Originally Posted by codraw
my question is, should I need to apply something like "Meguire's ultimate quik wax" after every wash? or just car wash shampoo like "meguiar's wash and wax" for weekly maintenance?
Either of those options are fine.
Old 04-15-16, 10:01 AM
codraw
Driver

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Looks like your vehicle is white, so streaking would be very difficult to see... but for everyone else, I want to again stress how important it is to NOT wash in the sunlight or when the vehicle is warm. Many people say they cannot find shade, but in reality you just need to wait for a different time of day. Wash very early in the morning when the sun is just coming up or later in the evening when the sun is going down, or even at night when it is dark out... there are plenty of ways to avoid washing in direct sunlight

Either of those options are fine.
Thanks for the reply and notes zmcgovern, my car is nebula gray, luckily I didn't get any streaks on my first application.
Old 04-25-16, 01:03 PM
Starfire15
Driver School Candidate

Zach - I just wanted to say thank you for your help! I applied HydrO2 this weekend, after applying Tar X and Iron X and it came out beautifully. No streaking at all and the car shines and feels better than new! I used half a bottle (50ml) and it was perfect, not a drop left and my whole car was covered. I still can't believe how easy and effortless it was and might I add...fun

I plan on repeating the same steps, Tar X, Iron X, HydrO2 every 3 month or so.
Old 04-25-16, 05:14 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Happy to help! The detailing industry is quickly changing, and new and exciting products are making it easier and quicker than ever to get awesome results. Glad it worked out well for you.

-Zach
Old 07-02-16, 08:36 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Bought it a while back, finally used it today. Love it! Where has this product been all my life?!?
Old 07-02-16, 09:00 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

What happened with the new batch of Hydro?

The color is completely different. Used it on a customer car and it spotted the living crap out of it. Had to spend alot of extra time to remove the Hydro spotting (looked like bug splatter/bird sht splatter all over the car.

This was one of my favorite products but it seems like Carpro can't leave well enough alone. They messed with CQ Finest one too many times with their vague directions and now it looks like they messed up this product.
Old 07-02-16, 09:55 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

What color was the batch you used?
Old 07-03-16, 06:49 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Hmmm... I haven't bought a bottle in a while. I'll see what I can find out.

Quick Reply: CarPro HydrO2... buy it!