Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

CarPro HydrO2... buy it!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-15, 09:14 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by darylrsv4
Forgot to post how much I like the Reload. By far one of the best products I have used. Love the slickness that it leaves and how much the water runs off the car when washing. I was hoping it would help keep the dust down on the surface of the car here in dry So Cal but doesn't seem to..
If you want to see how much dust sticks to it compared to other products, apply wax to half of your hood and reload to the other half... I did this same test and saw significantly less dust on the Reload side compared to the waxed side. There is no product that will prevent dust from sticking, but Reload should be better than most waxes.
Old 03-03-15, 09:27 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

You can't defy gravity. Dust will settle down eventually, regardless of what product you use. I've used FK425 detailling spray in the past and it's suppose to have anti-static properties. It 'helps' but you'll still have dust on your paint.
Old 03-03-15, 09:49 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
You can't defy gravity. Dust will settle down eventually, regardless of what product you use. I've used FK425 detailling spray in the past and it's suppose to have anti-static properties. It 'helps' but you'll still have dust on your paint.
I agree with you.

I have to clarify this even further. On horizontal surface, gravity wins and dust will settle down on it no matter what product you have. That is just the physics of it.

However, many wax intensify the dusting because it ATTRACTS MORE dust than gravity does due to static or whatever mean. That is where Reload or FK425 (I have used them both) are beneficial because they do NOT ATTRACT more dust than necessary.

In addition, because the surface is so slick after using Reload, when you start driving, the wind blow off some of the dust. That is so called the self cleaning property. For water, it slides right off.

For this "less dust" and "self cleaning" properties, I'm sold on Reload and paint coatings and say bye bye to wax.
Old 03-05-15, 08:21 AM
darylrsv4
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Of course I don't expect it to completely eliminate dust. To me, I don't notice a night/day difference from wax like I hoped. I have applied it full strength and diluted 1:1.
Old 03-05-15, 09:58 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by darylrsv4
Of course I don't expect it to completely eliminate dust. To me, I don't notice a night/day difference from wax like I hoped. I have applied it full strength and diluted 1:1.
I am almost always doing some sort of testing on my own vehicle... last fall I applied 2 different coatings to my trunk to monitor them through the winter. Check out these results... CQuartz Finest stays noticeably cleaner than the other product. While both are certainly dirty, there is no denying the right side is cleaner.

CQuartz Finest Dirt Resistance

CQuartz Finest Dirt Resistance

You would most likely notice this same type of comparison with a wax vs. Reload. Keep in mind this doesn't mean Reload is "the best"... it just seems to do well with resisting dirt and dust. For those of us who don't mind washing and waxing regularly, a wax may be just fine as well.

-Zach
Old 03-05-15, 10:58 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Yes, I see similar results with Reload vs. Meguairs wax NXT. The side of Reload has a lot less dust than the wax side. That is why I switched to use Reload.

I did compare Reload vs. FK425 (quick detailer) and these two perform about the same on anti-dust. However, FK425 being a quick detailer only last 1 week while Reload lasts 3 months or so.

However, I don't see a darkening effect like Cquartz Finest shown in the picture. It seems like Cquartz darkens and makes the paint look richer. What is the "other coating" there?
Old 03-05-15, 11:27 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Yes, I see similar results with Reload vs. Meguairs wax NXT. The side of Reload has a lot less dust than the wax side. That is why I switched to use Reload.

I did compare Reload vs. FK425 (quick detailer) and these two perform about the same on anti-dust. However, FK425 being a quick detailer only last 1 week while Reload lasts 3 months or so.

However, I don't see a darkening effect like Cquartz Finest shown in the picture. It seems like Cquartz darkens and makes the paint look richer. What is the "other coating" there?
The other coating is Ameri-Coat by Americana Car Care.

Both coatings noticeably darkened the paint upon application, and there is no true distinct difference in darkening on this panel when the paint is clean. The difference you see in the picture is that more dirt (or in this case salty sludge) makes the panel look lighter compared to the side that has less dirt which appears darker.

-Zach
Old 03-19-15, 09:04 PM
jbone29
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Application to the hood. I sprayed evenly on entire hood. I don't have high pressure sprayer so I turned my spray nozzle to the jet setting. I angled the hose sweeping from left to right starting at the top. Looks pretty good to me!
Attached Thumbnails CarPro HydrO2... buy it!-image.jpg  
Old 03-20-15, 05:52 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by jbone29
Application to the hood. I sprayed evenly on entire hood. I don't have high pressure sprayer so I turned my spray nozzle to the jet setting. I angled the hose sweeping from left to right starting at the top. Looks pretty good to me!
Looks great!!

A pressure sprayer definitely is not needed.. in fact, I prefer to use HydrO2 with a standard hoze and "jet" sprayer like you mentioned.

Glad you enjoyed the product!
Old 03-24-15, 10:11 AM
01LexPW
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

def look into this. thanks
Old 03-26-15, 09:29 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE...

Old 03-27-15, 05:35 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by Glock47
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE...
lol nice find... this isn't released yet and is still very much in testing
Old 03-27-15, 07:31 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

this stuff beads like crazy....
Old 03-27-15, 10:19 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tmf2004
this stuff beads like crazy....
Yes it does, in fact, better than many sealant and wax I have tried. It sheets so damn fast.

Wait till you have Cquartz coating, Cquartz really bring the beading/sheeting into a whole new level! Now I complain why Hydro2 or Reload doesn't bead or sheet as crazy as the Cquartz haha.
Old 03-27-15, 11:40 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Yes it does, in fact, better than many sealant and wax I have tried. It sheets so damn fast.

Wait till you have Cquartz coating, Cquartz really bring the beading/sheeting into a whole new level! Now I complain why Hydro2 or Reload doesn't bead or sheet as crazy as the Cquartz haha.
so when does the Hydro 2 lite become available?

Quick Reply: CarPro HydrO2... buy it!