Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Where is it safe to use "crazy clean" on the interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-14, 05:37 PM
babaliont
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where is it safe to use "crazy clean" on the interior

The interior of my IS 350 had a wonderful smell when I purchased it. I asked the Lexus dealer what they used, and they gave me a complementary bottle of 'crazy clean'. It has a very nice citrus smell.

I'd really like to use it on my interior, but I'm not sure what interior surfaces it's safe to use on. The dash, seats, trim, carpets etc? It's a degreaser, so I'm concerned I'll strip my leather off the leather protectant that I put on recently.

If anyone here has any experience with this product, please chime in.
Attached Thumbnails Where is it safe to use "crazy clean" on the interior-img_1324.jpg  
Old 04-17-14, 12:18 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

I personally wouldn't use it on my interior... if you decide to do so, test it in an inconspicuous area and monitor it for 24 hours before deciding to use it elsewhere.
Old 04-17-14, 04:05 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

Floor mats and carpet maybe.
Old 04-17-14, 07:54 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zach said what I was gonna say. Test on an inconspicuous area first.
Old 04-17-14, 08:02 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

If you're just after the scent, why not find an air freshener with a scent that you like
Old 04-17-14, 08:11 PM
babaliont
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
If you're just after the scent, why not find an air freshener with a scent that you like
Yes, that might be an option - but I haven't found an air freshener that smells as good, and since the dealership parts department told me that's what their detailers use to 'prep' their cars for sale, I thought why not kill 2 birds with one stone.

I've tried it on inconspicuous and conspicuous areas and seems to be holding up well so far - no damage or discoloration as far as I can tell. I just spray a little on a microfiber and wipe down.

I've used Meguiar's interior detailer in the past and I liked that too. What other products do you recommend to clean and protect the interior?
Old 04-19-14, 12:19 AM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Meg's quik interior detailer is pretty good as a one step product. If you want something dedicated to cleaner for everything I like meg's APC(all purpose cleaner) or APC+. It can clean carpets, vinyl, cloth, headliner, leather, etc. Just wipe on in a 10:1 diluted mix and wipe off with a damp towel. Make sure to test in an inconspicuous spot as always first.

If you are using a dedicated cleaner, you should also use a protectant against UV(sunscreen for your interior). I like 303 aerospace.

For leather you can use meg's APC or meg's quik interior but I prefer a dedicated leather cleaner and conditioner such as leather masters, leatherique or lexol. I personally use leather masters because they have a protection cream(helps resists stains) and it works great.
Old 04-23-14, 08:12 PM
Mike285
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cant go wrong with 1z cockpit premium. it smells great too.