Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Lexus leather conditioner and cleaner

Old 03-06-14, 08:24 PM
510to808
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus leather conditioner and cleaner

Finally used my brand new bottle of lexus cleaner and conditioner, but i used a microfiber towel instead of a terry cloth. Just wondering if that was a bad idea or if it didn't matter. I barely even used alot of cleaner and conditioner just wanted to try it out, but i can already tell my leather is cleaner and way slippery. I heard of people using lexol but just wanted to see what you guys think...
Old 03-06-14, 11:48 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 510to808
Finally used my brand new bottle of lexus cleaner and conditioner, but i used a microfiber towel instead of a terry cloth. Just wondering if that was a bad idea or if it didn't matter. I barely even used alot of cleaner and conditioner just wanted to try it out, but i can already tell my leather is cleaner and way slippery. I heard of people using lexol but just wanted to see what you guys think...
Glad you liked the Lexus cleaner and conditioner. I'm sure you did nothing wrong by using the microfiber towel instead of a terry one. I find that for some fairly dirty and neglected leather the terry cloth is a bit more "aggressive" and can easier remove some stubborn dirt inside the leather. At the same time, I always go over the leather with a microfiber towel as it contacts the surface well and I feel it gives a more thorough cleaning.

Normally, I'm using a dedicated leather brush with Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil and Prestine Clean, after which I wipe off the residue with a good microfiber towel.

Did you get a chance to compare these products with the Lexol stuff and see how you like each?

Ivan @ DI
Old 03-07-14, 12:05 PM
510to808
Pole Position

Yeah i figured a terry cloth would be a little better but it was still a brand new microfiber towel. definitely need to look at a leather brush, i tried not to spray alot of conditioner on the holes just really on the sides and just spread it across with the towel. I just used this lexus conditioner and cleaner i ordered it a couple months ago and this was the first time i tried it. I like it so far, if anything i underused the cleaner and condtioner i didnt want to overuse it, since it was my first time cleaneing my seats but they feel good and are extra slippery!
Old 03-08-14, 12:29 PM
mac12
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 510to808
Yeah i figured a terry cloth would be a little better but it was still a brand new microfiber towel. definitely need to look at a leather brush, i tried not to spray alot of conditioner on the holes just really on the sides and just spread it across with the towel. I just used this lexus conditioner and cleaner i ordered it a couple months ago and this was the first time i tried it. I like it so far, if anything i underused the cleaner and condtioner i didnt want to overuse it, since it was my first time cleaneing my seats but they feel good and are extra slippery!
If you are pleased with the cleaner/conditioner that's good, but personally I wouldn't like the slippery feel.
Old 03-08-14, 01:28 PM
510to808
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mac12
If you are pleased with the cleaner/conditioner that's good, but personally I wouldn't like the slippery feel.
What leather conditioner /cleaner do you use ? And yeah I'm not thrilled about the slippery feel just it's not dirty and looks new again ...
Old 03-23-14, 09:05 AM
babaliont
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used the Lexus leather and conditioner on my black is 350 yesterday for the first time and I like it better than the Lexol I had been using before. Used clean microfiber, and I could see the 'dirt' on them after cleaning. The conditioner made the seats moist but not greasy or shiny. So far I'm happy with the results.
Old 06-05-16, 06:03 PM
MyLS460
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Supposedly the Lexus brand cleaner and conditioner are officially no longer available. I've used them for years and they are very good - clean well with the original/new leather smell once done. Other blogs in the forum claim Leather Master cleaner and "cream" are even better. I just haven't used them to contrast. Bottom line, if you can get your hands on the Lexus brand (some dealers still sell them) you just can't do wrong.
Old 07-24-16, 03:09 PM
MyLS460
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bought a bottle of Leather Master Strong Ckeaner for Leather, a bottle of Leather Master Leather Protection Cream and a bottle of Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner - my assessments are (scoring is 1 to 10, 10 being best).

- LM Strong Cleaner Vs. "Lexus" Genuine Leather Cleaner (officially no longer available but can be found on line): 7 for LM, 9 for Lexus as it can take out heavy stains, ink marks with little effort; that said, I am satisfied with the LM Cleaner.
- LM Leather Protection Cream vs. "Lexus" leather conditioner: 9 for LM, 9 for Lexus. LM is lighter and easier to apply; Lexus, thicker but leaves a new leather smell. None stinks as some folks have implied. LM is a bit pricier per fluid ounce.
- Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner - a great alternative to other cleaners with UV protectant and is safe on leather (for light cleaning) with a reasonable fragrance (some may not like) that goes away after the cleaning/wipe down.

There, you won't do wrong with these LM and Meguiar's products.