Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

is it worth fixing and repainting damaged fender

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-14, 05:06 PM
IneednSC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it worth fixing and repainting damaged fender

Ok well when my LCA broke it caused my tire to damage my passenger fender i will post pics tomorrow, now it only bent in and chipped paint from about the middle of the fender down including the plastic piece on the botton. I asked a paint shop what they could do and the guy said first take pictures of the paint to get the right mixture and then pait the fender and then blend in the rest of the panels, all of this sound about right? I was thinking about finding a fender from the junkyard and having them redo the whole thing with out charging me for the repairs and paint.
Old 01-28-14, 12:26 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IneednSC
Ok well when my LCA broke it caused my tire to damage my passenger fender i will post pics tomorrow, now it only bent in and chipped paint from about the middle of the fender down including the plastic piece on the botton. I asked a paint shop what they could do and the guy said first take pictures of the paint to get the right mixture and then pait the fender and then blend in the rest of the panels, all of this sound about right? I was thinking about finding a fender from the junkyard and having them redo the whole thing with out charging me for the repairs and paint.
That does sound like a typical repair. If you're able to find the same color panel on a totaled car somewhere that would be ideal as paint matching and blending can sometimes lead to trouble (bad masking lines, color way or slightly off compared to original, etc.). I'm sure someone will have better info, especially when we see some photos of it, but normally if you can avoid paint work that's the best route.