Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Spilled Mustard on Leather

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-13, 03:10 PM
chippern73
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Spilled Mustard on Leather

Your help would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2005 LS 430 with heated/cooled seats - cashmere color. A friend of mine spilled some mustard from her hot dog on the passenger leather seat. I have not been able to get the stain out. I tried a 5 to 10% Woolite solution and also a Lexor Leather Cleaner solution. luckily the mustard stain doesn't show through very bad.

Any suggestions on how to get the stain removed?
Old 12-31-13, 03:48 PM
MDames2
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try Leather Master's Strong Leather Cleaner product. It works very well. Then use the leather protectant to help prevent this in the future
Old 01-03-14, 04:28 PM
chippern73
Rookie

Smile Thanks

Thanks for your help. The way to prevent it in the future is to tell my girlfriend that we no longer eat in the car.
Old 01-03-14, 06:39 PM
MIKE2JZGTE
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spilled Mustard on Leather .......

i will slowly pull my gun out and shoot my self in the head lmao jk

but in all seriousnes i will crawl into a ball and cry after slaying countless amount of domestics due to such a mistake of spilling mustard on my leather
Old 01-06-14, 01:17 AM
rhyle07
Driver School Candidate

Any update? Just wondering what product works best. I've tried the Leather Master before but it didn't provide a huge difference.
Old 01-06-14, 10:11 AM
jfelbab

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Leather Master Protection Cream would most likely have prevented the stain from leaching into the topcoat. Once any stain gets time to penetrate the topcoat you will have an almost impossible task ahead to remove it. You might try the LM Ink Lifter but stains, once set, often require restoration and no amount of cleaning will work without damaging the leather. The longer the stain sits on the topcoat the deeper it penetrates. Thus, to remove the stain would require removal of some or all that topcoat.
Old 01-16-14, 03:02 PM
chippern73
Rookie

Smile Thanks for your help

Originally Posted by rhyle07
Any update? Just wondering what product works best. I've tried the Leather Master before but it didn't provide a huge difference.

I used Lexor leather cleaner and it did a decent job at removing the mustard stain. Some of the mustard had fallen through the holes in the leather which I know I'll never be able to remove. Lucky that I have the cashmere color leather. What stain that is left blends in nicely with the color of the leather.