Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Water-less Car Wash?

Old 12-16-13, 03:00 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
One pad. It doesn't contaminate the pad, the dirt just falls to the bottom of the ONR mixture. I use one bucket and one pad. One waffle weave MF to dry, Wash and dry each panel as you go along.
Alright thanks. I'm going to give this another try since I still have plenty of the bottle left.
Old 12-16-13, 03:16 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,495 Likes on 1,799 Posts

Use 3-4 capfuls in a gallon of water, a nice MF pad, and a nice WW towel. Ring the pad out well before using it to wash the surface, too much solution makes it harder to dry, etc.
Old 12-17-13, 06:22 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Just use one pad? I was afraid re rinsing into the bucket would contaminate the clean water. I was using many towels and use it one time only per towel, but that was making the wash process more complicated and time consuming. My goal was to spend the least amount of time.
It sounds like you are describing the Garry Dean Wash Method.. this is in fact the safest way to do a rinseless wash as you are only using the wash media once before you set it aside and grab a clean one.

This method is actually quicker for me, as it should be for anyone, because you are not having to rinse you wash media out in a 2nd bucket before putting it back in your wash solution.

He does quite a bit of rambling, but just give it a watch... skip to around 5:00 if you want to get right to the wash method.

Old 12-17-13, 11:29 AM
rmillsISF
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use the waterless car wash for bird crap on the car. I'll do a quick wipe down of the motorcycle with it, but that's about it. I used the Griot's Garage brand and it worked pretty good. Keep in mind you have to get into EVERY little nook and cranny because you don't have the soapy water running over everything working for you when you use this method. it's more work.
Old 12-17-13, 01:55 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rmillsISF
IKeep in mind you have to get into EVERY little nook and cranny because you don't have the soapy water running over everything working for you when you use this method. it's more work.
Thats really not the case. Soapy water running over something and not being agitated isn't cleaning anything. When I use ONR I wipe down the door jambs every second or third time, and at the end I sponge out the wheel wells when I do the wheels and tires. Your wash media is join g to work its way around emblems, etc. Thats it...no more work.
Old 12-17-13, 06:13 PM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Hey guys I grabbed Detailers Pro Series Waterless Auto Wash cuz it looked nice for quick and convenient washes. Anyone use this product before? Any positive or negative feedback would be great. Here is a video with a quick "how to" on the product so fast forward the video to 0:50sec.
If anyone has used this product, do you need to wash the car with product used in the beginning of the video prior to using the DP Waterless Autowash? Or can I just use the waterless autowash in itself?

Thanks!
Old 12-17-13, 06:13 PM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Sorry heres the link!
http://www.autogeek.net/waterless-auto-wash.html
Old 12-17-13, 06:50 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I like a lot of DP's products, but I don't like waterless washes that come in a spray. That I would be concerned about marring.
Old 12-17-13, 07:55 PM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Any suggestions for other products?? Basically looking to use no water because I dont want to get my garage all wet. Sounds stupid i know.
Old 12-17-13, 09:52 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Randre19
Any suggestions for other products?? Basically looking to use no water because I dont want to get my garage all wet. Sounds stupid i know.
I'll vouch for ONR since I havent used any other rinseless washes. Never had a need to try anything else as that works so well. Probably did a few hundred washes with ONR so far. It has it's place.
Old 12-18-13, 06:20 AM
rmillsISF
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by SW13GS
Thats really not the case. Soapy water running over something and not being agitated isn't cleaning anything. When I use ONR I wipe down the door jambs every second or third time, and at the end I sponge out the wheel wells when I do the wheels and tires. Your wash media is join g to work its way around emblems, etc. Thats it...no more work.
Trust me, the soap and jet of water help knock off simple dust that otherwise is left in the fins of the engine with the waterless car wash. it won't get road grime or settled dirt, but there's a lot of nooks and crannies that a simple waterless car wash won't help with unless you can get something in there and wipe. Try it a few times and you would see...
Old 12-18-13, 06:30 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Randre19
Your garage will not get very wet... not much more than it would if you pull in after driving in heavy rain.

Here is a picture right after I got done doing an ONR wash in mine.

Old 12-18-13, 07:22 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Your garage will not get very wet... not much more than it would if you pull in after driving in heavy rain.

Here is a picture right after I got done doing an ONR wash in mine.

don't hurt em Z... they're not ready for this yet. nice shot BTW.
Old 12-18-13, 07:24 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

ONR FTW... it's all i use, on those rare occasions when i want to get crazy, i'll use the OCWC and do a traditional wash, utilizing the GD method as well.
Old 12-18-13, 07:53 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Optimum now makes a rinseless solution that contains a wax. Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax
y tell me something i know and have and use

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Water-less Car Wash?