Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

After a week of rain...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-13, 06:29 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default After a week of rain...

forgot to take before pics, i was so amped to wash the car. it was filthy after a week of rain. i even threw away the rags i washed the car with. happy to say that with the help of OCWC and OOS, and OCW, she's as good as new.

the car was so dirty, i foamed her twice and after the second foaming i didn't rinse the foam off, i just washed her with ONR utilizing the GD method ( i rinsed after i washed with the ONR ). i applied OOS to my wheels also. waiting on my Hydro 2 to arrive so i can start experimenting on my wheels with that. thanx for the vid Z...

Last edited by sydtoosic; 12-12-13 at 06:46 AM.
Old 12-12-13, 06:37 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Gorgeous!!

My car is covered in snow/salt and has been for the past week. More snow on the way this weekend

Winter is depressing
Old 12-12-13, 11:34 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Gorgeous!!

My car is covered in snow/salt and has been for the past week. More snow on the way this weekend

Winter is depressing
thanx Z... i know what you mean about winter. we don't have winters down here, but my car was 2 toned after a week of rain. have to order more rags.
Old 12-12-13, 11:44 AM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did a full detail the week of thanksgiving. Waiting as we speak to put sealant and final wax. ( I ran out ) I'm looking to try out Hydro2 as well, as my car is black and is out side 99% of the time.
Old 12-12-13, 01:18 PM
510to808
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn glad I live in Cali just a day of rain and my car has to be washed asap
Old 12-12-13, 01:29 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

waited 12+ hours and wiped her down with OID... she's back to her old self.
Old 12-12-13, 03:13 PM
harleymark
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She looks gorgeous as always, Syd!

I know how you feel when it rains so much you cannot wash the car...it's physically painful to me.

I just did a full wash, strip, polish, and seal on my GS. Feel much better now!
Old 12-13-13, 07:21 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by harleymark
She looks gorgeous as always, Syd!

I know how you feel when it rains so much you cannot wash the car...it's physically painful to me.

I just did a full wash, strip, polish, and seal on my GS. Feel much better now!
thanx Harley, as soon as i saw the sun i ran to get the pressure washer and her bath tools. even my 7 and 12 year old said, " daddy, your car is filthy ". yes there are a few of us that hate dirty cars.
Old 12-14-13, 11:34 PM
wyee99
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice... soooo clean
Old 12-15-13, 06:09 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Looking good.

You are going to absolutely be blown away by Hydro... Trust me it's unlike anything you've ever used.

I was skeptical at first, but any concerns or doubts I had about it were immediately erased as the product really speaks for itself.
Old 12-16-13, 10:18 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Looking good.

You are going to absolutely be blown away by Hydro... Trust me it's unlike anything you've ever used.

I was skeptical at first, but any concerns or doubts I had about it were immediately erased as the product really speaks for itself.
thanx SC300, i already have a mixture of Hydro 2 sitting in the kitchen waiting patiently. may try a test panel, but i will use it on my wheels and wheel wells. can't see using it over the OC. my paint already beads like crazy. oh, may use some on my glass as well.
Old 12-16-13, 12:49 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
thanx SC300, i already have a mixture of Hydro 2 sitting in the kitchen waiting patiently. may try a test panel, but i will use it on my wheels and wheel wells. can't see using it over the OC. my paint already beads like crazy. oh, may use some on my glass as well.
Many of the OC Pro guys say Hydro2 is a perfect topping to OC to give it that slick feeling. Have never tried it myself.
Old 12-16-13, 04:08 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Many of the OC Pro guys say Hydro2 is a perfect topping to OC to give it that slick feeling. Have never tried it myself.
stop it Z, don't get me started on another venture . Ok I'll bite, I currently have Opti seal on top of the OC, I know it won't last long, but would it make sense to apply the hydro 2 on top. I honestly don't see it causing any damage or maybe the fact that I'll just be wasting product. Supposed to be nice tomorrow, so I think I'll test it out. Thanx for the info Z...
Old 12-16-13, 07:10 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Zach, you are absolutely correct that it's a great way to "boost" or spice up something like OC or any other coating.

I honestly think this is the slickest stuff I have ever felt. I haven't tried a hundred different waxes/sealants, but definitely worked with at least a few dozen, and I cannot remember anything being this slippery and slick.

I pressure washed my dad's van that hasn't been washed or waxed in probably 6-8 months, followed with a two bucket method, and then sprayed it down with Hydro while it was still wet.

After blow drying the car, I was almost blown away how slick it made the paint when I went to reach for the door handle to open the car.

It's been over a week, the van has snow and all kinds of road crap on it, but the paint still feels slick as heck.

I think it's the perfect addition to anyone's arsenal. Only issue I can see with it is that it is a bit pricey, unless I can find a really fine sprayer that won't waste product or spray consistently without spraying too much in some areas and wasting the product.
Old 12-16-13, 07:16 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

I used three coatings on my car as a test. Only reason I haven't used Hydro on my car is because I want to let the coatings "ride out" and see how long they really last. So far I have been impressed by OC 2.0 / OC Pro .

Cquartz Finest, have mixed feelings on it. First time I applied it, I did two coats and wiped/removed the high spots after around 5 minutes. The coating failed within week or until the first wash.

Speaking with Corey at CarPro, apparently, the new formula needs a longer curing time than the directions suggest. So I cleaned the panels again, reapplied two coats, now waiting 15-20 minutes before wiping off the product. It's been maybe a month since then, it does seem to be on there still, but not as obvious as the panels that got Opti Coated.

From further research and consulting, apparently you want to wait around 1-1.5 hours before wiping the product off like you had to do with the original formula.

Quick Reply: After a week of rain...