Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Best Detailing Photos!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-15, 07:31 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Glock47
Would this be better vs Cquartz UK?
CQuartz UK can be used on trim and wheels, however I do prefer the look of CQuartz DLUX on trim, and it holds up nicely on wheels. I haven't used UK on wheels since I just assume to use DLUX as that is what it was specifically created for. I'm sure UK would also work very well.
Old 03-11-15, 11:20 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For wheels, Hydro2 is the bomb! That thing really rocks, application takes less than 5 mins on any wheels with any complex design. Yeah, it has shorter durability than coating but Hydro2 is literally spray on, rinse off that saves so much time.
Old 03-29-15, 06:45 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

HydrO2 doing it's thing on the wheels

Swirled Vents

Dialed In

Glossy

Last edited by zmcgovern4; 03-30-15 at 06:08 AM.
Old 03-29-15, 10:33 AM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks amazing!
Old 03-29-15, 10:53 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

great work Zac. wish you were closer for lessons....
Old 03-30-15, 05:41 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Thanks guys... was kind of chilly this weekend (below freezing in the mornings), but we made it through ok
Old 03-30-15, 07:12 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Thanks guys... was kind of chilly this weekend (below freezing in the mornings), but we made it through ok
The Camaro looks great! It's supposed to be nice around here this week, finally!. I imagine you'll be busy...
Old 03-30-15, 08:42 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by LexBob2
The Camaro looks great! It's supposed to be nice around here this week, finally!. I imagine you'll be busy...
Finally! I am always "busy" though I am doing considerably less detailing work this year... it's been pretty hectic working 7 days a week, 60+ hours a week between engineering and detailing... time to enjoy my weekends a bit and spend some time with my poor wife We're probably only going to work on 8-10 cars this year.
Old 03-30-15, 09:59 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Finally! I am always "busy" though I am doing considerably less detailing work this year... it's been pretty hectic working 7 days a week, 60+ hours a week between engineering and detailing... time to enjoy my weekends a bit and spend some time with my poor wife We're probably only going to work on 8-10 cars this year.
If you are in CA, I send all my cars to you to apply CQ Finest and brainwash all my friend to apply coatings on their cars and send them all to you again.

After doing a full detail myself, I really admire all your pro detailers out there because after finish one car, I'm dead exhausted. Before when I was looking at the price, I always thought damn these guys charge too much ($1,000+ for full detail) but now after doing it myself, I feel like the certified pro detailers (not the car wash center fake detailers) who do not use any short cut get paid way too little for their work, knowledge and experience.

Ah Zach, always remember "Happy wife, happy life". I keep repeating this every day in the morning
Old 03-30-15, 10:04 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Ah Zach, always remember "Happy wife, happy life". I keep repeating this every day in the morning
Truth... she is too nice for letting me work all the time
Old 04-01-15, 08:18 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

I always though you were a full-time detailer! I love your pix, so dramatic! I need to keep practicing!
Old 04-02-15, 06:01 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by Glock47
I always though you were a full-time detailer! I love your pix, so dramatic! I need to keep practicing!
Nope! Part time detailer (though between writing for DI, working on cars, answering questions on forums, answering questions via email, answering phone calls it does feel like a full time job!)... Full time engineer.

I've been fortunate enough to grow my detailing brand drastically over the past several years and therefore have been able to gain a good reputation among the detailing industry... many people get the perception that we are a full time operation, but unfortunately I am limited to weekends only.

As far as pics... keep practicing! These were all taken with my D610 with either my 24-120mm f/4 or my 105mm f/2.8. Shot in full manual and processed in Lightroom.
Old 04-02-15, 09:16 AM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Yeah Zach is my inspiration too. I'm also engineer full time and part time detailing .... well on my own vehicles for now
Old 04-03-15, 01:27 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Nice! I thought I was busy! Haha I want to try lighthouse when I get better. I'm using iPhoto to edit them. Not the best but something.

Nope! Part time detailer (though between writing for DI, working on cars, answering questions on forums, answering questions via email, answering phone calls it does feel like a full time job!)... Full time engineer.

I've been fortunate enough to grow my detailing brand drastically over the past several years and therefore have been able to gain a good reputation among the detailing industry... many people get the perception that we are a full time operation, but unfortunately I am limited to weekends only.

As far as pics... keep practicing! These were all taken with my D610 with either my 24-120mm f/4 or my 105mm f/2.8. Shot in full manual and processed in Lightroom.
Old 04-03-15, 01:28 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

We'll open our own auto spa one day haha

Originally Posted by FSportIS
Yeah Zach is my inspiration too. I'm also engineer full time and part time detailing .... well on my own vehicles for now

Quick Reply: Best Detailing Photos!