Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Strange interior smell after using Lexus leather cleaner

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-13, 04:12 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Strange interior smell after using Lexus leather cleaner

I am a huge detail freak and like to spray my cars with Zaino 2-3 times a week and I clean and condition my leather once every two weeks usually. In the three years I have owned my LS I have used Lexus leather cleaner and condition with Lanolin. I have always had this scent in my car. It wasn't bad but it also wasn't good. My wife even commented on it in the past and asked if maybe something in the interior is moldy. Long story short, I ended trying the Zaino leather cleaner and BOOM....no weird smell in the interior. I even replaced my floor matts thinking they were old and musty but it wasn't that. It was the leather conditioner. Has anyone else ever noticed this or experienced this?? Do you think its the Lanolin?? No wonder every Lexus dealership service area I have ever been to is blowing these out at 50% off. You get 4 bottles for the price of two. Now I know why
Old 09-19-13, 06:03 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I am a huge detail freak and like to spray my cars with Zaino 2-3 times a week and I clean and condition my leather once every two weeks usually. In the three years I have owned my LS I have used Lexus leather cleaner and condition with Lanolin. I have always had this scent in my car. It wasn't bad but it also wasn't good. My wife even commented on it in the past and asked if maybe something in the interior is moldy. Long story short, I ended trying the Zaino leather cleaner and BOOM....no weird smell in the interior. I even replaced my floor matts thinking they were old and musty but it wasn't that. It was the leather conditioner. Has anyone else ever noticed this or experienced this?? Do you think its the Lanolin?? No wonder every Lexus dealership service area I have ever been to is blowing these out at 50% off. You get 4 bottles for the price of two. Now I know why
No need to purchase Lexus "detailing" products when there are much better products available in the first place. (you're also missing out if you're just limiting yourself to Zaino products)
Old 10-09-13, 04:35 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I will not be using that crap anymore. The Zaino cleaner works so much better and smells like leather