Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Special Interest Forums > Automotive Care & Detailing
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Eckbond Coatings (Exterior & Interior Protection)

Old 09-05-13, 12:47 PM   #1
beachman
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Question Eckbond Coatings (Exterior & Interior Protection)

Just purchased a 2013 RX350. Dealer was pushing "Eckbond" Appearance Protection Package for close to a grand. I didn't take it but am wondering if anyone out there ever heard of this stuff? Googled it and couldn't find any reviews.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
beachman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-13, 02:19 PM   #2
zmcgovern4
Lexus Champion

AttentiontoDetailingPeoria zmcgovern45

From a professional point of view I can tell you this much:

DO NOT LET YOUR DEALER WASH/DETAIL/APPLY ANYTHING TO YOUR VEHICLE'S EXTERIOR OR INTERIOR.

A high end, reputable, professional detailer will do a much better job and use much better products.

If you are looking for the best protection for your paint, try searching for premium paint coatings such as CQuartz Finest, 22ple VX1 Pro, and Opti-Coat 2.0.

Let me know if you have any questions

Megan EZ Coilovers|Trunk Lip|Roof Spoiler|Redouts|M2 Axle Back Exhaust|CF Vinyl Interior|GFX Sides
Xenon Depot 6000k HIDs & LEDs|MRR GF07 19x8.5+35/19x10.5+40|Hankook V12 235/35 & 275/30

I <3 Detailing
zmcgovern4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-14, 03:34 PM   #3
izmir41500
Driver School Candidate

Send a message via AIM to izmir41500

We got the interior and exterior with eckbond for $600ish. There was another package that offered warranty protection against dings and other stuff. Rock hit the windshield yesterday and cracked it and chipped the roof in two spots. Not sure how it holds up against tree sap, bird poop, etc. yet. I have low confidence in it and will be applying sealant and wax once I get a chance.
izmir41500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 02:51 PM   #4
FSportIS
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (7)

I just checked their website http://www.eckbond.com/products/ and they claimed ALL kinds of protections: bird drops protection, dent protection, burns, cuts, rips & tears protection... seriously??? Seriously??? Can you hit your car with a market cart and see if it can protect from dent lol. This is TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!!!!

No way a product can protect the way they claim. Even if you wrap your car with metal (no such thing),metal can still dent.... dent protection... wtf... that is just.... lol give me a break!
2012 IS250 FSport Package & Nav: FSport Exhaust & Intake & Rear Sway Bar, Eibach Springs, TSW Nurburgring Wheels, 3M Clear Bra, Blue Brake Calipers, Molded MyRide Diffuser, 8000k HID all around, Blue Interior LEDs, JL Audio, Opticoat Entire Car.

2006 IS350 Luxury Package & Nav & Mark Levinson : FSport Springs & Shocks & Rear Sway Bar, M2 exhaust, Yellow Brake Calipers, MyRide Diffuser, 3000k HID Fog, Opticoat Entire Car.
FSportIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 03:09 PM   #5
zmcgovern4
Lexus Champion

AttentiontoDetailingPeoria zmcgovern45

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmir41500 View Post
We got the interior and exterior with eckbond for $600ish. There was another package that offered warranty protection against dings and other stuff. Rock hit the windshield yesterday and cracked it and chipped the roof in two spots. Not sure how it holds up against tree sap, bird poop, etc. yet. I have low confidence in it and will be applying sealant and wax once I get a chance.
If you have low confidence in it, why did you spend the money on it? Just curious

Megan EZ Coilovers|Trunk Lip|Roof Spoiler|Redouts|M2 Axle Back Exhaust|CF Vinyl Interior|GFX Sides
Xenon Depot 6000k HIDs & LEDs|MRR GF07 19x8.5+35/19x10.5+40|Hankook V12 235/35 & 275/30

I <3 Detailing
zmcgovern4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 03:09 PM