Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Special Interest Forums > Automotive Care & Detailing
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Silver Wheel Touch Up Paint - Perfect Match..

Old 09-05-13, 06:30 AM   #1
corbryant
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

corbryant corbryant
Default Silver Wheel Touch Up Paint - Perfect Match..

FY everyone's I, AutoZone sells a touch up paint that is absolutely perfect for stock Lexus silver wheels. I had a tire tech carve the wheel positions into the outer lips so I had to find something and didn't see a specific reference to a part number in the forums so I thought I'd post what I found.

The HA 00974 Honda Starlight Silver is so close that I had to really look to find the scratches. It is a metallic, but I can't even tell against the stock wheel paint.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dupli-Color-...-/320971202366
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
corbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-13, 12:37 PM   #2
UDel
Lexus Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbryant View Post
FY everyone's I, AutoZone sells a touch up paint that is absolutely perfect for stock Lexus silver wheels. I had a tire tech carve the wheel positions into the outer lips so I had to find something and didn't see a specific reference to a part number in the forums so I thought I'd post what I found.

The HA 00974 Honda Starlight Silver is so close that I had to really look to find the scratches. It is a metallic, but I can't even tell against the stock wheel paint.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dupli-Color-...-/320971202366
I remember reading someone else recommend that Honda Starlight Silver before. My L tuned OZ SuperTurismos got curbed and I have not be able to find the exact color or color match they use. OZ claims they don't even know the exact color of their own rims after emailing them I may have to give this a shot, I don't want to be buying a bunch of touch up paint to experiment with only to find out none match my wheel color especially after I have prepped my wheels.
Old 09-08-13, 10:01 AM   #3
corbryant
Driver School Candidate

corbryant corbryant

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDel View Post
I remember reading someone else recommend that Honda Starlight Silver before. My L tuned OZ SuperTurismos got curbed and I have not be able to find the exact color or color match they use. OZ claims they don't even know the exact color of their own rims after emailing them I may have to give this a shot, I don't want to be buying a bunch of touch up paint to experiment with only to find out none match my wheel color especially after I have prepped my wheels.
I'm looking at a close up of the bright silver OZ STs and holding up the paint and it looks like the Starlight has a little too much blue in it, bringing more of a grey out. If that makes sense. I will say that AutoZone had quite a few Honda shades that were darker and lighter so they might have something good for you. I grabbed several bottles and went outside with them and held em' up next to a wheel in the sun. Duplicolor does a really good job at getting the label color the exact color the paint dies to -- however, if it's metallic, the label won't really show the sparkle you see but it will have a "MET" designation after the color name. So if the wheels have any metal flake in them at all, go with a metallic, if they don't -- don't. But color wise, you can trust the label...on silver at least.

And of course OZ won't tell you what color they used (I absolutely guarantee it's a OEM factory color from one manufacturer or another) because they want your *** to buy a new wheel. LOL

Last edited by corbryant; 09-08-13 at 10:11 AM..
corbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-13, 10:01 AM

Tags
auto, car, care, color, honda, lexus, metallic, paint, rim, silver, starlight, touch, touchup, wheel, wheels