Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Anyone know where I can find Visomax Prometheus PS 250?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-13, 04:31 PM
lexus600hl
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Anyone know where I can find Visomax Prometheus PS 250?

I am trying to buy Visomax Prometheus PS 250.
Its a german product - a car polish.
Does anyone know where I could find it in USA?
I did a lot of online search and nothing came up.
Sherwin williams was said to be the distributor and they don't carry it anymore.
Old 08-27-13, 06:54 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

moved from car chat. might have more luck here.
Old 08-28-13, 07:06 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Hmm I've never heard of it... why are you set on this product compared to another more readily available product?

Menzerna is a german based company that produces professional, high quality products.
Old 08-28-13, 09:10 AM
Bimmer2Lex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nanolex is German too.
Old 09-29-13, 01:42 PM
lexus600hl
Pole Position

Finally, I did find the Visomax product. Unfortunately, it is not available here in USA, retail and I cannot offer a source for others.

The result is simply stunning.. I mean.. give credit to the germans.. truly, they are perfectionists...

I would have never thought that one could improve on nufinish/mcGuires/mothers/turtlewax etc.. Consumer reports gave top ratings to the 3M product and nufinish..
I tried nufinish on one patch.. and visomax was clearly superior.. I mean.. you gotta see it to believe it - that a car wax can be that superior.. The depth of the paint shows up..

I assume Menzerna might well be equally good. I might try it at a future time, because this visomax is not available in usa..
Old 09-29-13, 02:17 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

If you are setting your standards based on NuFinish and Turtlewax, then you are missing out on a significant amount of great products that will blow those out of the water.

Open your eyes a bit more and check out DetailersDomain.com or Autogeek.net or DetailedImage.com and find some truly professional grade products.
Old 09-29-13, 02:55 PM
lexus600hl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
If you are setting your standards based on NuFinish and Turtlewax, then you are missing out on a significant amount of great products that will blow those out of the water.

Open your eyes a bit more and check out DetailersDomain.com or Autogeek.net or DetailedImage.com and find some truly professional grade products.
Good point but I am also comparing it to the detailing done by my lexus dealer, the lexus certified body shop and another professional detailer
Anyway, I am basing my comments on my prior experience as a consumer, of having my cars detailed.. I have owned many luxury cars.. Audis, S class, many many lexuses.. No polish has given me the result of this visomax.. In fact to the extent that the car might actually be showing more depth than the shine that I have ever seen in that car - by the way, I owned a total of 3 idental LS 600HLs.. all idential color.. lol.. long story..
Anyway, this product is amazing! The depth of color now is so good that I am wondering if it looked this good, at delivery? lol
Old 09-29-13, 03:15 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Typically dealerships and body shops have a reputation for some of the worst "detailing" services... but I suppose it is possible that you have a 1 in a million chance of receiving good work out of both of them.

Anyways - you'll receive some fantastic results from Menzerna products and tons of others that are readily available right here in the US.
Old 09-29-13, 03:30 PM
lexus600hl
Pole Position

Typically dealerships and body shops have a reputation for some of the worst "detailing" services... but I suppose it is possible that you have a 1 in a million chance of receiving good work out of both of them.

Anyways - you'll receive some fantastic results from Menzerna products and tons of others that are readily available right here in the US.
I was going to try the Menzerna next.. because it is German and I am so impressed with Visomax also being German.
I actually got it from a very high end body shop in NY. He says he does the Lamborghini type of cars and that he imports Visomax for his own shop's use, because he could not find it in USA.

I came across visomax when I saw on TV that Rolls Royce switched to Visomax a few years ago. I actually paused the video to get the name of Visomax.. They spoke highly of it but didn't mention the name clearly.. They were not trying to sell it. It was a show about how Rolls Royces are made..
Old 09-30-13, 06:37 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

don't have any idea where to purchase here in the states, but i just saw it applied on a RX350... i must say i was impressed. i would definitely try it if i could get my hands on it.
Old 11-07-15, 09:18 AM
lexus600hl
Pole Position

Visomax was very good.

Subsequently, I had one of the 600s detailed at the local Lexus dealership. They used a product called simonize glass coat.. I didn't even know about it or nor did I ask for it and I was pleasantly surprised. Very pleased.. So I had both my Jaguars (both standard white - not pearl/metallic white). While it was less pronouncedly impressive (it was very good though), on the white Jaguars, it looked amazing on the 600! And it lasted a long time - it has been more than a year and it still looks great! Very rarely, do I come across a product which is better than expected and Simoniz was one such - at least for me.

You can actually find that same Simoniz used by dealers, on ebay, fairly inexpensively. No need to pay the very high price at the dealer.

They need to be applied a bit differently than typical wax/polish. I called Simoniz for instruction/vide and they said that they would not disclose, saying that it was for the benefit of their dealers only (who overprice it at something like $600!).. Thank you youtube! There was an instructional video!

Perhaps there are other products, which are as good or better. If you know of any, please post - as long as they don't cost $600 at the dealer!

Last edited by lexus600hl; 11-07-15 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-09-15, 07:18 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by lexus600hl
Visomax was very good.

Subsequently, I had one of the 600s detailed at the local Lexus dealership. They used a product called simonize glass coat.. I didn't even know about it or nor did I ask for it and I was pleasantly surprised. Very pleased.. So I had both my Jaguars (both standard white - not pearl/metallic white). While it was less pronouncedly impressive (it was very good though), on the white Jaguars, it looked amazing on the 600! And it lasted a long time - it has been more than a year and it still looks great! Very rarely, do I come across a product which is better than expected and Simoniz was one such - at least for me.

You can actually find that same Simoniz used by dealers, on ebay, fairly inexpensively. No need to pay the very high price at the dealer.

They need to be applied a bit differently than typical wax/polish. I called Simoniz for instruction/vide and they said that they would not disclose, saying that it was for the benefit of their dealers only (who overprice it at something like $600!).. Thank you youtube! There was an instructional video!

Perhaps there are other products, which are as good or better. If you know of any, please post - as long as they don't cost $600 at the dealer!
FWIW - what you should be paying for at a dealership is the time and effort involved in properly prepping and applying the product, however that is not typically the case.

For optimal protection with these coatings, the vehicle should be thoroughly cleaned, decontaminated, polished/paint corrected, and then wiped down with an approved solvent prior to coating. This is an extensive process that takes a lot of time and unfortunately not something I have ever heard of a dealership doing correctly. So, you're correct in that the dealerships are basically robbing uneducated customers in that regard, but other high end detailers are putting in the time and using much higher quality products that then translates to invoices that can often exceed $1000, even for a brand new vehicle.

You've just got to know what you're paying for.

-Zach
Old 11-09-15, 12:40 PM
lexus600hl
Pole Position

You've just got to know what you're paying for.

-Zach
I am not exactly a novice.
I know the dealer very well. From the head of their detailing department to the owner, because I am one of the largest lexus customers in my state. I think I bought 26 lexuses, including 3 LS 600HLs, over the past 26 years. Two 600HLs are in the picture.

My lexus dealership does a great job of detailing. I don't send my jaguars to the jaguar dealer, because they don't do me favors. I brought only 3 from them, so far.

So, I think I know what I am paying for. Some times they do it gratis, because they know I like my cars looking new.

One of my employees, a former detailer, had used the visomax on one of my LS 600HLs. I think he spent many hours on it. Visomax was excellent and he said he'd never seen a Polish as good. Later, after the dealership did Simonize, I liked the Simonize better. More glossy finish. Almost like mirror finish. I was very pleasantly surprised.

I am not trying to plug visomax or Simonize. Just sharing my experience. I would recommend both products.

If there are better products, I would be interested in knowing about them.

Last edited by lexus600hl; 11-09-15 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-09-15, 12:51 PM
lexus600hl
Pole Position

Oh by the way, the 3M plastic protection seems to look great, especially on a white car.
I had the front bumper and entire hood done for my XJL ($1000). At that time, I saw them working on some one else's Tesla - they were doing the whole car for about, I think, $4500. That was too expensive for my taste but a nice idea. You never need to wax your car.