Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-15, 02:12 PM
popping
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4

Got our CarPro HydrO2Foam Shampoo in... excited to try it out!

This is a shampoo and sealant in one... the same great technology found in HydrO2 has been mixed with a shampoo
Hmmmm I have reset and hydro still.... Where's my mixing cup
Old 08-10-15, 08:30 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 582 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4

Got our CarPro HydrO2Foam Shampoo in... excited to try it out!

This is a shampoo and sealant in one... the same great technology found in HydrO2 has been mixed with a shampoo
Let us know how it is! I've been meaning to put another coat of Hydro2 on my cars, but time has been tight lately
Old 11-11-15, 05:37 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Name:  20151110-DSC_8287_zpskb1ftycc.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  265.7 KB

Got a sample bottle of CarPro Essence. Soooo excited for this product
Old 04-15-16, 03:08 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

I bought a cordless leaf blower today. It should make drying my wheels a lot more fun. There is even a turbo button on it.

Also got leather master, M205, and some towels.

Last edited by Blkexcoupe; 09-08-17 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-15-16, 04:21 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe

I bought a cordless leaf blower today. It should make drying my wheels a lot more fun. There is even a turbo button on it.

Also got leather master, M205, and some towels.
hold on young man... did you take advantage of the home depot sale today???.it is on sale for 99 big ones, down from 179... i almost went but got distracted trying to install my 6x9 ( 5 way speakers in the rear deck )post up the results, i have a feeling i missed a good one. metro blaster sidekick konked out a few months ago...
Old 04-15-16, 04:53 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
hold on young man... did you take advantage of the home depot sale today???.it is on sale for 99 big ones, down from 179... i almost went but got distracted trying to install my 6x9 ( 5 way speakers in the rear deck )post up the results, i have a feeling i missed a good one. metro blaster sidekick konked out a few months ago...
Yeah, I did. When I got to home depot they didn't have any left on the shelves, but after about 15 minutes of searching they were able to locate the last one for me. My friend told me amazon would be willing to price match home depot if I wasn't able to find it locally.

I've managed to break a few things and make a mess in my garage with the leaf blower already, so it should be a lot of fun for drying my car.
Old 04-16-16, 11:29 AM
1111GS

Received 90 Likes on 78 Posts

Looving it!

Old 04-18-16, 07:49 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Yeah, I did. When I got to home depot they didn't have any left on the shelves, but after about 15 minutes of searching they were able to locate the last one for me. My friend told me amazon would be willing to price match home depot if I wasn't able to find it locally.

I've managed to break a few things and make a mess in my garage with the leaf blower already, so it should be a lot of fun for drying my car.
cool... i want my sidekick back. been using my leaf blower, damn thing is to powerful to use in the garage... i use it outside but make sure the ground around the car (5 to 7 feet, front, back and sides) are good and wet, so that i don't kick up any dirt while getting the water off the car.BTW, be careful with that leather master, good stuff but stinks to high heaven...
Old 04-18-16, 10:22 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
cool... i want my sidekick back. been using my leaf blower, damn thing is to powerful to use in the garage... i use it outside but make sure the ground around the car (5 to 7 feet, front, back and sides) are good and wet, so that i don't kick up any dirt while getting the water off the car.BTW, be careful with that leather master, good stuff but stinks to high heaven...
I had a chance to use the leaf blower this weekend. It worked great for drying the front grill, but I'm thinking about buying a metro sidekick to compare. I've used leather master before on my original SC interior and my old IS250. I don't remember it stinking, but it has been a few years.
Old 04-18-16, 11:18 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I've never noticed any odd stink when using Leather Master.

Let us know how the Metro Sidekick works. Just looking at the spec, it doesn't put out too much air compared to the leaf blower. 85 CFM at 160mph only seems like it's good for crevices and not whole car drying. Maybe it's time to step up to the Master Blaster. lol.
Old 04-18-16, 01:17 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSteg
I've never noticed any odd stink when using Leather Master.

Let us know how the Metro Sidekick works. Just looking at the spec, it doesn't put out too much air compared to the leaf blower. 85 CFM at 160mph only seems like it's good for crevices and not whole car drying. Maybe it's time to step up to the Master Blaster. lol.
I wonder how much it would cost to 3d print a tapered cone to replace the factory tube on the ego leaf blower.
Old 04-19-16, 12:47 PM
trbosmitty
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Recently took the family to Disneyland and remembered Chemical Guys were close by. I made the mistake of stopping by their shop. I plan on running a small detailing business on the weekend so that's why I kind of went overboard. My only regret is not getting this dual action polisher sooner. I'm not sure how I went so long without one.
Attached Thumbnails Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread-img_0034.jpg   Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread-img_0076.jpg   Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread-img_0073.jpg  

Last edited by trbosmitty; 04-19-16 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-24-16, 01:12 AM
NXNick
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've noticed that not a lot of people talk about Mothers products. I used to use Meguires for almost everything until my neighbor waxed half my hood with Meguires, half with Mothers. The Mothers side was smooth and silky, and looked like glass. A rag slid right off. The Meguires'? It didn't. Sold on the spot. Quick detailing spray, spray wax, paste wax, liquid wax, wheel/tire shine, leather/plastic protectant----it doesn't matter. He compared each Meguires product side by side with Mothers. In each case, Mothers was the clear winner. I'm Not BSing At All!

I just wondered why Mothers products don't get mentioned by the posters & pros on these threads. I did see Mothers mentioned once, though. If there are car care products that really are better, sure I'll try them. Thanks for any help you can give to keep my new 2016 Autumn Shimmer NX 200t looking like new!
Old 04-24-16, 10:31 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

I wonder how much it would cost to 3d print a tapered cone to replace the factory tube on the ego leaf blower.
After 30 min. of searching, I found a 3 1/2" X 2 1/2" Silicone reducer. 2 1/4" also available.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...3NuxoCGIzw_wcB
Old 04-24-16, 04:02 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NXNick
I've noticed that not a lot of people talk about Mothers products. I used to use Meguires for almost everything until my neighbor waxed half my hood with Meguires, half with Mothers. The Mothers side was smooth and silky, and looked like glass. A rag slid right off. The Meguires'? It didn't. Sold on the spot. Quick detailing spray, spray wax, paste wax, liquid wax, wheel/tire shine, leather/plastic protectant----it doesn't matter. He compared each Meguires product side by side with Mothers. In each case, Mothers was the clear winner. I'm Not BSing At All!

I just wondered why Mothers products don't get mentioned by the posters & pros on these threads. I did see Mothers mentioned once, though. If there are car care products that really are better, sure I'll try them. Thanks for any help you can give to keep my new 2016 Autumn Shimmer NX 200t looking like new!
we are booshie here.... seriously, i actually use Meguiars car wash soap, express wash, APC, i also have the hyper wash for foaming ( when i run out of ADAMS)... mothers i have never used. i am 15 minutes away from Summit racing store and they have a boat load of mothers products... but they also have adams on the same shelf, so i always go for the adams... those are my go to when i run out of the booshie stuff... Nanolex, Gyeon...

Quick Reply: Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread