Automotive Care & Detailing Discussions on washing, waxing, polishing, detailing, cleaning and maintaining the beauty of your Lexus.

Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-13, 06:50 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by PondScum
I'm at my vacation house in Las Vegas for the next month or so. I keep a small amount of supplies here just to keep the cars clean, and refresh the LSP so the road grime and bugs clean off easier after the drive back to CA. Got some wheel cleaner, CG spray sealant, and some leather care products.

nice... V7 is a beast, wheel cleaner is good also and that Leather Master is great but the cleaner stinks to high heaven.

Originally Posted by TLcoats
No need to dilute Reload. Just use WAY less product.

I use on outside glass with no streaking, just have to be careful with how much product you apply.
cool... i always got streaks no matter how much product i used.
Old 10-02-13, 10:39 AM
sgmbab
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't stop ordering from autogeek with all these sales . I will be using the Nanoskin Mega Trend in a few weeks on my car and will post some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread-photo-4.jpg   Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread-photo-3.jpg   Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread-photo-2.jpg   Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread-photo-1.jpg  

Last edited by sgmbab; 10-02-13 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-02-13, 10:59 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

LOL damn!! You're stocking up. Some good looking stuff you've got there.

It would be great if you could spare some time to write up some reviews for some of those newer products
Old 10-02-13, 12:11 PM
sgmbab
Driver

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
LOL damn!! You're stocking up. Some good looking stuff you've got there.

It would be great if you could spare some time to write up some reviews for some of those newer products
Which product(s) did you have in mind?
Old 10-02-13, 01:49 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

CQuartz F&L... Permanon Platinum... NanoSkin MegaTrend...

I guess they aren't all "new" but I personally have never used either of those 3 and I always like to hear people's opinions of other products so I can add to my ever growing wish list of things to try.
Old 10-02-13, 05:37 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

What Z said...
Old 10-09-13, 12:36 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

New CarPro order today!

^PERL (plastic, engine, rubber, leather)

^CQuartz Dlux Plastic, Rubber, and Wheel Coating

^Cquartz UK Edition 50ml Kit w/ Reload

^Reflect: High Gloss Finishing Polish

Fast Glass - 100% Streak Free Glass Cloth
Old 10-09-13, 04:29 PM
sgmbab
Driver

Heard that CarPro Pearl is great stuff. Hey Zach since you're a carpro installer can you help me out? I recently got some F&L but the sticker said that it has expired. So I called autogeek and they said that stuff will last 5-10 years, but I'm still skeptical. What do you think?
Old 10-09-13, 08:21 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

I've personally never used F&L, but Let me get ahold of Corey @ CarPro and I'll let you know what he says.
Old 10-09-13, 08:43 PM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by sgmbab
Hey Zach since you're a carpro installer can you help me out? I recently got some F&L but the sticker said that it has expired. So I called autogeek and they said that stuff will last 5-10 years, but I'm still skeptical. What do you think?
Just talked to Corey @ CarPro-US... he said that the date is in European notation... so day/month/year. I would assume that is the issue and the product is not truly past its date

F&L hasn't been on the market long enough for any of the bottles to have gone "expired" from what I have been told.

As far as what the Autogeek reps told you - definitely false claims according to Corey. F&L should last for at least a year, but it is largely dependent on how the product is stored... it may last several years if stored properly. I would personally recommend storing it inside in an environment that is not subject to much temperature or humidity change. This is also how you should store your waxes, sealants, and any coating products.

Last edited by zmcgovern4; 10-10-13 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-10-13, 06:51 AM
sgmbab
Driver

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
Just talked to Corey @ CarPro-US... he said that the date is in European notation... so day/month/year. I would assume that is the issue and the product is not truly past its date

F&L hasn't been on the market long enough for any of the bottles to have gone "expired".

As far as what the Autogeek reps told you - definitely false claims according to Corey. F&L should last for at least a year, but it is largely dependent on how the product is stored... it may last several years if stored properly. I would personally recommend storing it inside in an environment that is not subject to much temperature or humidity change. This is also how you should store your waxes, sealants, and any coating products.
So I checked the date again and it definitely expired a few months ago. The sticker said that it was packed in 2012 and only has shelf life of a year. I knew that BOGO deal was too good to be true, guess autogeek was just unloading expired products. Thanks Zach.
Old 10-10-13, 07:00 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by sgmbab
So I checked the date again and it definitely expired a few months ago. The sticker said that it was packed in 2012 and only has shelf life of a year. I knew that BOGO deal was too good to be true, guess autogeek was just unloading expired products. Thanks Zach.
Contact AGO and get a replacement product... they have no reason not to provide you with "good" product (although I'm sure that F&L is still just fine).

Corey said if the product is still completely liquid (ie nothing has started to solidify or anything weird like that) then it should still be just fine.
Old 10-10-13, 08:36 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Z, need a review on the CQuartz DLUX... thanx buddy.
Old 10-10-13, 10:14 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
Z, need a review on the CQuartz DLUX... thanx buddy.
Roger that... I'll be coating my wheels with it as well as the trim on a friend's SAAB and will monitor both applications over time. Will post initial thoughts with pics as soon as I have a chance to use it.
Old 10-13-13, 09:50 AM
IneednSC
Driver

This may be a dumb question but how did you guys break into detailing? I wash and I guess you could call noob detail my car but I want to do it professionally to my car and maybe get good enough to charge people....idk what it is about it but I love seeing something dirty and then you spend time and sweat with attention to detail and it turns out like new lol maybe a little ocd but I could polish every piece of metal on my car every day. Any books or online guides you guys recommend?

Quick Reply: Official "Look What I Got Today" Detailing Thread